Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    Halifax west Yorkshire
    Maths Physics and chemistry (AAB)
    Quantum physics, string theory , particle physics , astrophysics , nuclear physics
    Manchester
    Chemical engineering , due to various reasons but i hope to end up doing something in physics

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applied for Dundee?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Physics (F300) at UCL. completed my A2's already; Maths(A), Physics(A), English Lit (B), Economics (B).
    Probably will have to resit a few modules when I come back to the UK but UCL is definitely my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiecharc)
    UCLan, Keele, Hull, Heriot-Watt, Swansea
    Well done! How long did Swansea and Hull take?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview from Exeter? I just got invited for one and I'm wondering what it was like and how I'm supposed to dress.

I'm incredibly nervous for it as I'm not very good at talking with new people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgehogkilla)
    Has anyone had an interview from Exeter? I just got invited for one and I'm wondering what it was like and how I'm supposed to dress.

I'm having one too, on the 24th Jan
    I'm just gonna wear a white shirt and smartish trousers, if that helps haha

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview in November, I would suggest going in a suit as that's what everyone else there was wearing, and the interview is nothing to worry about, they will just talk about your ps and maybe ask you to work through some problems with their guidance, if they've given you an interview then chances are you will get an offer, good luck

ReputationRep:

The interview at Exeter was quite relaxed, I was only asked one academic question. Just make sure you are happy to discuss your personal statement.
    You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in, but from my experience most people were wearing something smart/casual.
    Good luck with your interview and try not to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Well done! How long did Swansea and Hull take?
    Swansea took 7 days; Hull took 12 days

ReputationRep:

Hello, I had my Exeter interview in November and to answer your question of what to wear ... Basically you can wear anything that you would usually wear, as there were a lot of people in jeans, hoodies and jumpers etc.. I wore a shirt and tie because I wanted to look smart, but just wear what you would feel comfortable in!

Secondly the actual interview itself is relaxed! You will talk about things on your personal statement. For example I had to talk about my EPQ and my interests outside of school. We then spent 5 minutes looking at a Physics based problem. I was really nervous before the interview but thinking about it now there isn't much to worry about

Just be yourself and I'm sure that you'll be fine Remember to be honest too ! , Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Whats the decision date for Oxford? Can't remember for the life of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinburne)
    Whats the decision date for Oxford? Can't remember for the life of me
    I think it's the 7th January. I am absolutely bricking it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orzel)
    I think it's the 7th January. I am absolutely bricking it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the date I had in my head, couldn't remember where I'd heard it though, I'll assume its right! And yeah same, nothing to do about it now though

ReputationRep:
    Yep, heard nothing from them, but then again I've heard nothing from all of my choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I applied for maths and physics at warwick and got an offer for 2As. If you have any questions about warwick just ask. I primarily want to do medicine... But if things don't work out, physics is what I would want to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Leeds? They said they'd get back to me in a few days but that was a month ago... :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to sheffield on the 30th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Anyone else going to sheffield on the 30th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah booked in for the afternoon session

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got offers from Bristol? I applied in like November and nothing yet apart from an email saying it may take a while. If you have offers what grades were they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliem29)
    Anyone got offers from Bristol? I applied in like November and nothing yet apart from an email saying it may take a while. If you have offers what grades were they?
    AAA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.