Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashklins)
    Has anyone applied for Government and Economics?!
    I am!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here applying for Economics and/with Economic History? (besides the people I've already spoke to )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    My offer at LSE is for management, I agree course does matter but within reason. For example a lot of people that do chemistry and physics degrees become accountants and actuaries.
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply? Have you completed your A levels already?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone heard back for Sociology yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Anyone else here applying for Economics and/with Economic History? (besides the people I've already spoke to )
    I have (Economics and Economic History)! When did you submit your application, if you don't mind me asking? I submitted mine on 9th October!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've applied for straight Economics in LSE about a month ago now. I'm currently doing the IB Diploma with predictions of HL Maths - 7, HL Economics - 7, HL History - 7, SL English A - 7, SL French B - 6, SL Chemistry - 7 and three extra points (TOK - A, Extended Essay in Maths - A)

I really want to go to LSE, it would definitely be my firm choice if I got the offer! Is there anyone else with similar qualifications applying for Economics? Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrypotterfan6)
    I have (Economics and Economic History)! When did you submit your application, if you don't mind me asking? I submitted mine on 9th October!
    I've completed my application entirely, my new 6th form should send my application within the next week hopefully so aiming for < Nov.20th send off date I had to give time for the new school to give accurate A* predictions! may I ask what your academic profile is like? AS grades, A2 predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Have LSE sent out offers for Economics and Economic History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    It's been 15 days since my 2 week email, should I be worried or is the timeframe just approximate?
    That's exactly what I'm thinking, except it's been more like 3 weeks no..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    It's been 15 days since my 2 week email, should I be worried or is the timeframe just approximate?
    Don't worry about it, I didn't get my 8 week email until 3-4 weeks after the 2 week one!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, isn't it the time for lots of this 4 letter word ..... LUCK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    I've only got the 8 week email like last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hei there. I've ended up applying to LSE, it was hard to decide though. I'm not even sure I can get in, I wanted to try it though as it was starting to become a fixation, it was appearing in my dreams. I wanted at least a top uni on my list. Well, all of them are good though It's hard to know if I'm eligible as I have an exam that doesn't really get mentioned. But I'll try!! Haha now I just hope I'll at least be accepted to one uni.

How are you feeling during this waiting period? For those that haven't already said

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone receive offers for Accounting and Finance? What are your predicted grades and when did you send your applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Me! I sent my application off on the 10th and got my 8 week email a week later.. Now the waiting game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    I got a rejection email within 3 weeks of sending off my application

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there anyone applying for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method? If yes, what are your grades and when did you apply? I appplied on the 9th October, got 12 weeks, 2 weeks and 8 weeks emails (the 8-week one on the 23 rd October, though). Or maybe you happen to know someone who has already been offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ95)
    Me! I sent my application off on the 10th and got my 8 week email a week later.. Now the waiting game
    What are your AS/A2 grades may I ask? Also did you talk about Econ history much in your personal statement, how much did you dedicate to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reacher65)
    I got a rejection email within 3 weeks of sending off my application
    What do you think happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I will fly to London to vist the applicants open day at KCL on 2nd December, if I get shortlisted for an Oxford interview I will have to be there by 6 December. This leaves me with a few days in between to explore London. Does anyone know whether it is possible to visit LSE or UCL during those days. I have never been to those universities so it would be nice to have a look around.
    Thanks in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.