Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmanblackman)
    Thought that was one of the harder papers compared to the past. Pressed for time aswell.
    Yeah I guessed 6 out of the final 10, just did the critical thinking ones.

Made quite a few educated guesses for problem solving ones earlier in the paper as Id get the method right but be short of time when it came to doing long division etc.

Not sleeping properly last night didnt help (didnt get to sleep till 5.30).

Oh well. Time to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulKrugman)
    Me attempting to do today's paper.
    So, you nailed it then?

(Original post by David L 7)
    I thought it was quite difficult as well. Somewhat more difficult than 2013!
    I edited your post. Remember it's a public forum so people who haven't sat the exam yet can see the question details you posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nich01as)
    Wasn't awful, I'd agree with similar to last year. Not sure how to feel really, the problem with these is you could just be unlucky and a few go the wrong way. Meh- how long do you reckon for the interview invitations?
    I think about a week before interview. End of November.

ReputationRep:
    Haha all of you saying it wasn't too difficult!!
    I found the multiple choice extremely difficult in comparison to other years!
    Oh well, Oxford was always a bit of dream for me anyways.
    Good luck to the rest of you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Can anyone explain Q31 in the 2012 paper?
    I've been staring at it for 15 minutes and I just can't make any sense of that graph.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the multiple choices were pretty difficult compared to previous years, essay questions were quite nice though

ReputationRep:
    That didn't go too badly. Guessed a good five questions at the end, though. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Is it the case that if it difficult than usual then the curve will be a good one? What raw score do you guys think should get an interview in this one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suppose 35 should put you fairly good, depending on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    >Workin through at a steady pace
    >Get about halfway in
    >Notbad.jpg
    >Check clock
    >30 minutes left

Needless to say I'm riding on section 2.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Found that pretty difficult, didn't have enough time to even think about some of them

ReputationRep:
    Please don't discuss specific details of the exam as some people haven't taken it yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nich01as)
    Wasn't awful, I'd agree with similar to last year. Not sure how to feel really, the problem with these is you could just be unlucky and a few go the wrong way. Meh- how long do you reckon for the interview invitations?
    Looking at last year's thread, around about 3 weeks time, give or take a couple of days

ReputationRep:
    Found out I forgot to answer one question and already got 6 wrong so im not holding my breath hahaha

ReputationRep:
    When I think about it again I think I totally flunked it. Guessing about 7 or 8 and minimum 4 wrong, there is no chance I have a good Score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David L 7)
    When I think about it again I think I totally flunked it. Guessing about 7 or 8 and minimum 4 wrong, there is no chance I have a good Score
    How is 8 wrong not a good score. Wtf? That is guaranteed interview territory.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I would miss out question 4 and come back to it at the end. Put question 5's answer in question 4's blank spot. Did the same thing for the next 20 questions. Took 15 minutes to erase and solve this problem. Missed out 5 questions because I ran out of time.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I think this was harder than the 2013 one. Expecting to get around 80.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Please note that there is currently a restriction on discussing specific details about the questions.

For example, its okay to say "I found the essays to be better this year", but its against the rules to say "What the essay question about animal testing was?"

This restriction will be lifted tomorrow. There are people still taking the test.

ReputationRep:
    For E&M what do you think we need for interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.