Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one with an offer who hasn't yet received an email from the uni?? For those who have gotten this email: how long after your offer did you received it?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dana.low)
    Am I the only one with an offer who hasn't yet received an email from the uni?? For those who have gotten this email: how long after your offer did you received it?? Thanks
    I haven't either. I think people said theirs came a day later

ReputationRep:
    Are any grads firming yet?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know which accommodation to go for!

ReputationRep:
    Mine came a day or so after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grad1202)
    I haven't either. I think people said theirs came a day later
    (Original post by unibanana)
    Mine came a day or so after
    Thank you!!! That's reassuring!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon12345678)
    Don't know which accommodation to go for!

What are your priorities for accommodation and I can help

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!! That's reassuring!
    I literally just got mine now so maybe check your inbox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    I literally just got mine now so maybe check your inbox?
    I got mine too!! Did you get the 2nd email about the health screening or not yet?? I didn't get mine

ReputationRep:
    The 2 proper Southampton offer emails came today, 2 days after the track updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking glen eyre

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I've been researching today and I'm leaning to GE too. Are you an undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    My number one priority is an ensuite bathroom! And I'd also like somewhere where there will be other undergrad medics and definitely a good social environment. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Year 13 undergrad..In general I'm warming to Glen Eyre, from someone who hasn't actually seen the accommodation (shame there's no post offer days).

(Original post by Neostigmine)
    I'm wondering how flexible the catering is at halls. At two other unis I visited if you went self catered you could still buy single meals, and I think at one you could even book a fully 'catered' week.

Also is there any advantage to booking accommodation early?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simranchhugani)
    Yeah I've been researching today and I'm leaning to GE too. Are you an undergrad?
    Yeah I am, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup there's a Facebook group for BM5 offer holders. Search it up or I'll link it to you later

ReputationRep:
    Yup there's a Facebook group for BM5 offer holders. Search it up or I'll link it to you later
    Ahh fab, I've been looking for one! What's it called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fab, I've been looking for one! What's it called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Southampton BM5 2015

ReputationRep:
    Southampton BM5 2015
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My number one priority is an ensuite bathroom! And I'd also like somewhere where there will be other undergrad medics and definitely a good social environment. Any advice?
    Medics are spread out everywhere. Glen is in a residential area so while it has a good social atmosphere on the site, it isn't as good for going out as Wessex/Archers. It's close to Highfield Campus and the hospital but if you're getting the bus then it will be full by the time it gets to Glen. The bus starts at Wessex (which is closest to the sports facilities) which has more people per "apartment".

Archer's and Glen are the same distance from the hospital if you're walking. Archer's is nice and close to town too.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

(Original post by ja1)
    Year 13 undergrad..In general I'm warming to Glen Eyre, from someone who hasn't actually seen the accommodation (shame there's no post offer days).

I'm wondering how flexible the catering is at halls. At two other unis I visited if you went self catered you could still buy single meals, and I think at one you could even book a fully 'catered' week.

Also is there any advantage to booking accommodation early?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accommodation isn't first come first served so no rush.

Yeah you can just go buy food from the cafeterias. I don't think there is a need to book them :nah:

Glen is nice. it's not the newest any more but it's in a lovely green area (but it is a very residential area). The accommodation is so standard there isn't much point looking to be honest! There are pictures/tours on the website.

ReputationRep:
    yesss !!! got an offer sooo happy! Thanks for all ur advice Neostigmine !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.