Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovefantasy)
    Hey slg60 I have seen you reply to a lot of stuff but I can't find your most controversial view, what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do I have to have one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovefantasy)
    Mine is that is homosexuality is ok and bisexuality is ok, incest should be ok (as long as all parties are of age), and so should non-animal cruel bestiality....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you going to ask the dog if he likes it? lol wut? "Non-animal cruel beastiality" It has the word beast in it for a reason

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis should be legal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Well carnivores are nearer the top of food chains so are normally less in number. Drop in their population can cause massive propellers for the ecosystems they live in. That applies if you hunt them from the wild.

ALos they are harder to farm since they can't just eat say grass.

Some possible reasons :dontknow:
    I think it was more to do with the taste and stuff, the reason I was given anyway. But yeah those are good points too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayan97)
    Cannabis should be legal
    hardly controversial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Because it is not a baby its an embryo/fetus its not alive. Obviously the person is not suggesting aborting a baby
    Yeah but although it's only an embryo at 24 weeks, which is what abortion is allowed up to, the baby is nearly fully developed and therefore, theoretically you are killing a child in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Its not torture, my dear.
    If we were to be realistic with rape being non existent in uk prisons but back to the subject.Harden criminals should never be allowed to walk free and must be placed in a cell for 23 hours a day.
    We should also give prisoners,whilst in prison a chance to work for their commodities.

-bring back the death penalty
    I'm not your dear.

Well then if they're never allowed to walk free then that rules out the problem of re-offence from not rehabilitating them. The ones who will leave prison though you cannot logically argue that rehabilitation is not needed, and support once out prison to prevent re-offence.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ayan97)
    Cannabis should be legal
    Given how much it's meant to help people with certain medical problems, I don't see how this is controversial at all.

ReputationRep:
    That was being tame, personally I think all drugs should be legal. If people want to take them for recreational purposes whose to stop them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Yeah but although it's only an embryo at 24 weeks, which is what abortion is allowed up to, the baby is nearly fully developed and therefore, theoretically you are killing a child in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some would disagree and argue it's not a child but a "potential child" and thus does not count as killing a child.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do think 24 weeks is too late for an abortion in my opinion, as there have been many cases of foetuses surviving outside the womb around that age and some even younger I think. I favour first trimester abortions, I think they are the best option for both the foetus and the woman carrying. I do however understand cases of late stage abortion if the mothers life is at risk, the majority of abortions being performed on women past the first trimester are due to complications and not because the woman just can't be arsed with having a child.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One should really not use theoretically and in my opinion in the same sentence. Nevertheless, I believe that I am right in saying quickening starts at 18 weeks give or take two weeks? To that effect abortions should be allowed up to say 15 weeks, that is how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    One should really not use theoretically and in my opinion in the same sentence. Nevertheless, I believe that I am right in saying quickening starts at 18 weeks give or take two weeks? To that effect abortions should be allowed up to say 15 weeks, that is how I feel.
    Oh well, that's your opinion. For me personally, I'd only allow it if that person had been raped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    But you're stupid, so you would die embarrassing fast..
    Isn't that lovely, i think i'd actually last a while

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, that's your opinion. For me personally, I'd only allow it if that person had been raped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that, I never quite understood that argument, if you consider it a life surely ending said life would be the worst thing one could do. Obviously it would be terrible for the mother to have to see this baby which she doesn't want every single day and that is incredibly unfair on the child. But I do not see how it is fair for the child being brought up by another mother who does not want the child but was not raped.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your argument is flawed though.
    If you believe it should only be allowed in the case of rape, but on the other hand you believe abortions (at whatever stage) to be wrong because it's not fair for the "baby" to suffer because of someone else's actions. It makes no sense logically for you to be fine with a woman to have an abortion if raped, but not for an accidental pregnancy. In both cases the "baby" will still be terminated through no fault of it's own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    If you believe it should only be allowed in the case of rape, but on the other hand you believe abortions (at whatever stage) to be wrong because it's not fair for the "baby" to suffer because of someone else's actions. It makes no sense logically for you to be fine with a woman to have an abortion if raped, but not for an accidental pregnancy. In both cases the "baby" will still be terminated through no fault of it's own.
    I would upvote but I cannot as I have run out so here have a smiley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    I would upvote but I cannot as I have run out so here have a smiley
    No problemo, thank yee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Why is that, I never quite understood that argument, if you consider it a life surely ending said life would be the worst thing one could do. Obviously it would be terrible for the mother to have to see this baby which she doesn't want every single day and that is incredibly unfair on the child. But I do not see how it is fair for the child being brought up by another mother who does not want the child but was not raped.
    I see your point, however if it was just a one night stand sort of thing and she became pregnant then that girl should understand that she's just going to have to accept and have the child as why should or suffer due to her desires. Whereas, if she was raped that girl did not want to conceive a child and if it wasn't aborted then the mental and psychological effects that child and mother would have would be unbearable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    True, however the mum who was raped had no choice of whether to have sex whereas the one night stand person choose to and therefore, they should face the consequences of their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.