Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can anyone explain to me dilala?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Out of interest what was the wording of the question she said could come up?
    Outline and evaluate the use of the strange situation as a measure of attachment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    I'm not sure strange situation on it's own can be a 12 marker?
    It hasn't been asked before but their definitely is enough A01 and A02 detail on it. For fulle marks in the A01 you'd have to fully outline the 8 step procedure. I said earlier on this post that I had a dream about the exam last night and this was the 12 marker :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya98)
    If I forget the name of the psychologist but still explain the procedure, can I still get the marks?
    yes you dont need the researchers name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellietaytayx)
    You need to ask for additional paper and write on your answer e.g 'continued on sheet' and on the sheet mark e.g. 'question 2a continued'. You mustn't write off of the answer lines as the exam board clip down the pages and your work may be lost. Also if you do not state that you have used additional paper they will not look for it. I usually ask for paper at the beginning of every exam just in case Good luck ! xx
    I think I'll ask for paper at the start of the exam just incase thank you! good luck also xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    It hasn't been asked before but their definitely is enough A01 and A02 detail on it. For fulle marks in the A01 you'd have to fully outline the 8 step procedure. I said earlier on this post that I had a dream about the exam last night and this was the 12 marker :')
    Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Im really nervous omg

ReputationRep:
    What AO2 points could be written for the influence of research into attachment and day care? Is it just research support?

ReputationRep:
    How long would you guys recommend spending on the 12-marker? I'm gonna leave it till the end but I haven't actually done any timed past papers so I'm not sue how long to leave for it?

ReputationRep:
    how would you outline the below two studies, each for 6 marks
    NICHD study
    EPPE study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanherbert)
    What AO2 points could be written for the influence of research into attachment and day care? Is it just research support?
    you can include methological support like there was use of case studies or the individual differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4262)
    How long would you guys recommend spending on the 12-marker? I'm gonna leave it till the end but I haven't actually done any timed past papers so I'm not sue how long to leave for it?
    I personally aim to spend a minute on each mark but if l have time at the end l add more information

ReputationRep:
    It's 72 marks (36 each section with research methods embedded)
    It lasts for 1 hour and 30 minutes (90 minutes)

90/72 = 1.25 minutes per mark

1.25 x 12 = 15 minutes.

15 minutes for the 12 marker is what is recommended.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really quick so I do it straight away and dedicate 20/25 mins to it (not exaggerating) to ensure I have enough time to think about it and write everything! Then whip through rest of paper. Still finish with 16mins free and get an A may not work for everyone but you've got to make sure you get 10/11/12 out of 12!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone give me a brief overview of content analysis??

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post some 12 mark model answers to any questions they predict will come up?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Would this be enough for 6/6 for a01 of the strange situation

Ainswroth conducted a controllen observation recording the reactions of a child and mother who were introduced into a strange room with toys. 100 American infants and there mothers took part. Infants behaviour was observed during a set of pre determined activities which involved the child experiencing eight episodes for 3 minutes. the child is observed playing for 20 mins while the caregiver stranger enter and leave the room, Observer notes the childs willingness to explore, seperation anxiety stranger anxiety and re union behaviour. they found that 70% were securely attached and 15% were insecurely resistant/avoidant.

How many marks would this get me for a01 please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Systematic research technique for analysing non-numerical data.
    Decide upon what may emerge in text to be analysed and create a coding system based on predetermined themes. Collect a large number of examples from chosen sample and catergorise items found in material according to coding units. Such as themes, words or character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Content analysis is using pre-existing materials (i.e. in the media, such as TV adverts, newspapers etc). The researcher decides on a coding system, so decides on specific words/topics/behaviour they want to look for and simply measure how many times it appears

ReputationRep:
    feeling ready

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.