Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin11)
    Same, I really don't want to relearn AS stuff which I can barely recall as it is
    Unit 5 is enough as it is 😩 my brain is overloaded already

ReputationRep:
    someone summarise what we need to know about negative and positive feedback please???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyboo308)
    I don't know in how much detail the AS course I should be looking at; I don't want to have to relearn everything?
    I don't know if this will help but my bio teacher said we should focus on:

--> Transport across cell membranes
    --> Genetic code, DNA structure
    --> Protein structure & link to enzymes
    --> Cardiac cycle
    --> Immunity

I'm going to cover a few more things but apparently that should give you a good basis for essay paragraphs...

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do i revise efficiently for this? i barely understand the mark schemes and there's only like 4 papers! Anyone have any tips? i constantly score 50-65 Marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makashima)
    someone summarise what we need to know about negative and positive feedback please???

negative feedback: recognise a change from the norm, brings levels back to norm.

Temperature control
    Glucose control
    Arguably - baroreceptors/chemoreceptors
    menstural cycle

positive feedback: above norm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn4kebiteheart)
    negative feedback: recognise a change from the norm, brings levels back to norm.

Temperature control
    Glucose control
    Arguably - baroreceptors/chemoreceptors
    menstural cycle

positive feedback: above norm
    so pretty much the textbook just drags on , thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayderm)
    How on earth do i revise efficiently for this? i barely understand the mark schemes and there's only like 4 papers! Anyone have any tips? i constantly score 50-65 Marks.
    That's good 65 is an A in some papers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain oestrous cycle to me step by step

ReputationRep:
    soooo much to revise soooo little time

ReputationRep:
    What do we need to know about slow and fast twitch muscles?

ReputationRep:
    hey can anyone tell me the synoptic topics i should know for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottei)
    I don't know if this will help but my bio teacher said we should focus on:

--> Transport across cell membranes
    --> Genetic code, DNA structure
    --> Protein structure & link to enzymes
    --> Cardiac cycle
    --> Immunity

I'm going to cover a few more things but apparently that should give you a good basis for essay paragraphs...
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiney101)
    What do we need to know about slow and fast twitch muscles?
    Slow Twitch - Found in Calfs
    These aerobically respire and are good for weaker but long period of time contractions, e.g. Marathon Runners

Fast Twitch - Found in Biceps
    Anaerobically respire using PhosphoCreatine (All it means is some thingi called Creating but with a phosphate and is attaches it to ADP to form ATP) to produce ATP, so used for strong contractions but reach fatigue quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tofaeal)
    Can someone explain oestrous cycle to me step by step
    I wont talk like an AQA examiner so it makes more sense then maybe u understand them more,

1. U basically start off with FSH and it stimulated the development of something called a follicle. Also it 'stimulates' the release of Oestrogen.

2. Oestrogen has an inhibiting effect so it stops FSH and LH release, heres your first negative feedback example.

3. When Oestrogen Builds up too much it switched to having a 'stimulation' effect and stimulates the release of LH.

4. LH causes ovulation. This is basically when the follicle 'ruptures' (basically breaks) and a corpus luteum forms (i am not sure how this is done since my book shows follicle is smaller but it dosent really matter)

5. This Corpus Thing RELEASES, yes all the others stimulate or inhibit but this one acctually does it itself. So it releases progesterone and this inhibits LH and FSH.

6. If the woman, cow, sheep or whatever they're talking about is not pregnant then the Corpus Luteum breaks down and so Progesterone stops. This means FSH and LH are no longer inhibited and the thing starts all over again with FSH developing another follicle!

Hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennylisguan)
    hey!! how many essay plans are people making i have 23 plans but i don't know if i should do some more ?
    This is what i've done as well, I've got about 10 but after doing it so many times I've noticed that many of the main points overlap so it's possible to write almost any essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vengefulcandy)
    This is what i've done as well, I've got about 10 but after doing it so many times I've noticed that many of the main points overlap so it's possible to write almost any essay.
    I feel so guilty because I haven't done any essay plans at all because I'm so busy making notes on all the new content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninainnarnia)
    I feel so guilty because I haven't done any essay plans at all because I'm so busy making notes on all the new content.
    Better get off student room and do some revision then !

ReputationRep:
    haven't started revising for biol5 at all lmao

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else absolutely screwed for this exam beacause of chem 5, C4 and biol 5 in consecutive days?! 😭😥😥😥😥

ReputationRep:
    After these 3 days you shall be free! just put your head down now otherwise you will regret it for a long time...
    (Original post by ACarter8)
    Anyone else absolutely screwed for this exam beacause of chem 5, C4 and biol 5 in consecutive days?! 😭😥😥😥😥

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.