Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriaB1995)
    Well, a few weeks after submitting my application for an MPhil in Finance and Economics I have just received an email from Cambridge saying that my application has been put on hold and I won't be notified until March/April.

Have any other fellow economists received offers, rejections or have been put on hold?
    That's a nice wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    That's a nice wait.

You must be joking! 3 months of waiting before they reject me - not great, especially given that I have to decide whether to take up an offer from Warwick or LSE.

ReputationRep:
    You must be joking! 3 months of waiting before they reject me - not great, especially given that I have to decide whether to take up an offer from Warwick or LSE.
    Warwick and LSE don't ask you to choose now, do they?

And if you've applied for funding, you can add two months to the wait.

ReputationRep:
    It's not great but somewhere in the cam stuff it does actually say 3 months is the average wait.
    Anyway there's nothing to stop you accepting the others and then declining them later if Cam gives you an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggggg123)
    My application is STILLLL awaiting consideration.
    It might just be someone hasn't updated camsis. Mine was listed as awaiting consideration pretty much until I got an offer...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj27)
    It might just be someone hasn't updated camsis. Mine was listed as awaiting consideration pretty much until I got an offer...!
    Really? So it didn't even change to being considered by BoG?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I'm still waiting on my university to send me a copy of my transcript and I'm anxious that their office closes on the 24th, by which time the deadline for my supporting docs will have passed... What do Cambridge mean when they say they will accept an unofficial transcript from current students prior to an offer? I'm assuming I can't literally write my modules and grades out myself, but might they accept a copy/print screen of my student self-service records? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jantaculum)
    I think Aceadria's referring to the discussion that starts here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...533661&page=22
    Oh I see, thanks.

Also, just to keep others updated about admin stuff like other people here tend to kindly do, I received an e-mail yesterday to inform me that my application is "under consideration by senior members of the Faculty" (no update on camsis though) and that "the University is closed from 23 December until 4 January 2016. You should not expect to hear from us during this time. If you have applied for the Gates or Cambridge Trust funding competitions, and if your application's appraiser shortlists you for an interview, he or she will normally arrange this for the period between 4 and 24 January 2016. We expect to be making final decisions from the end of January onwards and through into February, and we will let you know the outcome by email."

For the record, my 2nd academic reference was uploaded on the 2nd of December, and I'm applying for MPhil Advanced Computer Science.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I‘m applying for the same program, and yesterday I received the put on hold E-mail too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostkauze)
    Oh I see, thanks.

Also, just to keep others updated about admin stuff like other people here tend to kindly do, I received an e-mail yesterday to inform me that my application is "under consideration by senior members of the Faculty" (no update on camsis though) and that "the University is closed from 23 December until 4 January 2016. You should not expect to hear from us during this time. If you have applied for the Gates or Cambridge Trust funding competitions, and if your application's appraiser shortlists you for an interview, he or she will normally arrange this for the period between 4 and 24 January 2016. We expect to be making final decisions from the end of January onwards and through into February, and we will let you know the outcome by email."

For the record, my 2nd academic reference was uploaded on the 2nd of December, and I'm applying for MPhil Advanced Computer Science.
    Are you an American, international, or UK applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRCMA)
    Are you an American, international, or UK applicant?
    EU (though I'm doing my undergrad in UK for what it's worth)

ReputationRep:
    How many versions of your proposal did you guys send to your potential supervisor before submitting the application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.anne)
    How many versions of your proposal did you guys send to your potential supervisor before submitting the application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends. Sometimes they were never satisfied and I sent about ten, but some others didn't care so only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It depends. Sometimes they were never satisfied and I sent about ten, but some others didn't care so only one.
    Good to know! I'm just worried that they will get annoyed if they have to continue to provide feedback. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.anne)
    Good to know! I'm just worried that they will get annoyed if they have to continue to provide feedback. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have found a correlation between their status and their willingness to help.
    Younger lecturers were very helpful with me, correcting the proposal and adding suggestions. Older and established professors only sent an 25 word email saying it was good and that I should mention works from Smith, Johnson and White.

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys talking in the context of applying for a PhD, or do Master's applicants typically send their proposal to potential supervisors too? If I recall correctly, in GRADSAF they wouldn't let me select a preferred supervisor when applying for my Master's degree

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys talking in the context of applying for a PhD, or do Master's applicants typically send their proposal to potential supervisors too? If I recall correctly, in GRADSAF they wouldn't let me select a preferred supervisor when applying for my Master's degree
    PhD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EU (though I'm doing my undergrad in UK for what it's worth)
    Okay... Hmm I am international and submitted exactly the same time. Haven't hear anything yet though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRCMA)
    Okay... Hmm I am international and submitted exactly the same time. Haven't hear anything yet though...
    The e-mail was sent by someone from the Computer Science department, so assuming you have applied to a different department, I wouldn't worry too much about the exact timings .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jencvo)
    guys, I checked the self service this morning and had this for MPhil Development Studies: Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies. Does this mean the application has been moved forward? The chart than explains how the application is processed does not mention Board of GS so I am a bit confused. thanks for your help!
    Hey! I applied for MPhil Development Studies as well. May I know how long it took for your status change?

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.