The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heyitsmekiran
alright moody margaret lmao

I apologise, I wasn't intending on coming across that way. I know it's very stressful waiting for an offer, but the university is quite popular and hence I don't think its fair to criticise admissions for doing their job.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Xavier617
Anyone here heard anything relating to International Relations and/or Economics? I'm still sat here waiting for St Andrews, Edinburgh and Exeter

I applied for IR and Econ and haven't heard anything back either. However, IR is oversubscribed and does indeed receive many applicants. Due to this, I don't think that many IR students have heard anything back. Most of us probably wait anxiously so you're not the only one!

Good luck!
anyone got an offer for modern languages yet? Waiting for Arabic and Spanish..(sorry if you've already posted- couldn't see anything...)
Original post by hannahlouise_
Oh well done! Yeah, me too! Hopefully we will see each other there! Yeah, what about you?

Yep! Well done on the 5As! Are you doing Advanced Highers/additional Highers this year then?
Original post by KateAteKarrots
Awesome! Well done! I got a condition for Biology, as I'm still doing A levels. I'll be nearly 19 when I start Uni, but I heard Scottish people start Uni a year earlier. Is that true? Does that mean they start at 17, nearly 18 rather than 18 nearly 19?

In Scotland we start school at 4 or 5 whereas, as I understand it, in England you generally start at 5. Scottish universities (and some English ones) only require that you get the appropriate grades in your Higher exams, which are sat in 5th year. So, yes, we could leave a year early. But most people stay on for 6th year and do further Highers or move on to Advanced Highers to supplement the qualifications gained in 5th year.

I'll be leaving after 6th year but I started school when I was 4 so I'll be 17. I could have applied last year but then I would have been 16 and that would have just been a bit weird. :s-smilie:
Reply 665
Hi! Wondered if anyone knew anyone or had received an offer for English from St Andrews?
Reply 666
What status are you? I'm EU and I'm still waiting, although I heard most of the offers in my category come out sometime in March. I haven't heard of many English offers yet though, so keep your head up!

Original post by SD713
Hi! Wondered if anyone knew anyone or had received an offer for English from St Andrews?
Reply 667
Original post by eleanor27
anyone got an offer for modern languages yet? Waiting for Arabic and Spanish..(sorry if you've already posted- couldn't see anything...)

nope, I'm still waiting as well.. I applied for Arabic, Russian and Spanish
Original post by Alex210
nope, I'm still waiting as well.. I applied for Arabic, Russian and Spanish

where else have you applied to other than St Andrews if you don't mind me asking? :smile: 1st person I've met with the same combination as me!! (bar the Russian... :wink: )
Has anyone had an offer for (Modern) History?

If so, are you doing A-Levels, IB etc. (I'm doing the IB by the way)
Reply 670
Original post by eleanor27
where else have you applied to other than St Andrews if you don't mind me asking? :smile: 1st person I've met with the same combination as me!! (bar the Russian... :wink: )

I've applied to the University of Edinburgh for "Scandinavian studies and Spanish" and "Islamic Studies" :smile: but my first choice is St Andrews! ahahah I hope that just a few of us applied for Arabic and Spanish so we have more chance to get in ;D
I applied for Classical Studies and Modern History, I am doing A levels, and have not heard anything as of yet either.. The waiting is the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JennieRDS
Yep! Well done on the 5As! Are you doing Advanced Highers/additional Highers this year then?

Thankyou! Yeah, I'm doing Advanced Higher Biology, Chemistry and History, as well as crashing Higher Modern Studies :smile: How about you?
Original post by olip
Im applying for marine biology! has anyone heard back for this course yet with an offer?

Hey, I've applied for marine biology too. I haven't heard anything back yet. :frown:
Original post by SD713

Hi, I'm a UK student and I'm still waiting for a reply. I know a few people from twitter and on TSR who have received an offer for English last week. Lets hope we get a reply soon!
Applied for IR and German. Would be great to know when they usually send offers out and if it would be possible to add Spanish to my degree?
Original post by DKstudent
I applied for IR and Econ and haven't heard anything back either. However, IR is oversubscribed and does indeed receive many applicants. Due to this, I don't think that many IR students have heard anything back. Most of us probably wait anxiously so you're not the only one!

Good luck!

Oh well lol now that my optimistic outlook on receiving an offer has been crushed... I'm gonna take the time to wish you good luck too xD
Original post by sblack0
What status are you? I'm EU and I'm still waiting, although I heard most of the offers in my category come out sometime in March. I haven't heard of many English offers yet though, so keep your head up!

Where did you hear that? I'm also EU, waiting for (hopefully) an English offer.
Reply 678
Original post by ladymarchmain
Where did you hear that? I'm also EU, waiting for (hopefully) an English offer.

I have a friend who applied for Art History as EU last year and she said hers came around early March (44 predicted I think?). Are you IB?
Original post by sblack0
I have a friend who applied for Art History as EU last year and she said hers came around early March (44 predicted I think?). Are you IB?

No, French Baccalaureate:smile: Thank you! There is still hope haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending