The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Kat129
Just had an invitation to interview at Bournemouth Uni! Really pleased.

Hi! How did the interview go? What does the interview process like and what question did they asked you? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Sansarya
Yeah, I just want something from them haha! Tempted to email admissions to find out when they're likely to get back to us😐

If you do please let me know what they say. I was told interviews were going to start in November this year so beginning to panic!
Original post by dragonsonmars
Got an interview invite from Bournemouth today!
Let me know if you're going to any of the interviews I'm going to, I'd be great to speak to you more! :h:

Plymouth - 24th November (PM)
Bournemouth - 15th December (12:45)
UWE - 17th December (8:30)

Spoiler

I am going to Bournemouth on that day and that time. And UWE the 16th :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 663
Original post by topdot12
Just been rejected from Nottingham :frown:(

Sorry to hear that, don't be disheartened though because you have other chances to impress unis!☺ Did they just straight up reject you or did you attend an interview? Also, what field of nursing was it for if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by jnenp
Sorry to hear that, don't be disheartened though because you have other chances to impress unis!☺ Did they just straight up reject you or did you attend an interview? Also, what field of nursing was it for if you don't mind me asking?

Straight up reject me, no interview and childrens
Reply 665

That's harsh! Strange too when you've had other unis be interested in you... I guess children's nursing is just really competitive. How long ago did you apply? I've applied to them for mental health but not what'd back yet😓
Reply 666

Hey sorry to hear that. Try not to worry! I was straight up rejected from Kingston with no interview. Haven't heard anything at all from Nottingham. Good luck with the rest of your choices. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 667
Original post by jnenp
That's harsh! Strange too when you've had other unis be interested in you... I guess children's nursing is just really competitive. How long ago did you apply? I've applied to them for mental health but not what'd back yet😓

I applied the day UCAS opened for postgrad Child and I've also heard nothing yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jnenp

I applied mid October. I wouldn't worry. Each uni is different for when they look at their application.. I'm sure you've done fine. As long as your personal statement is good and you have/ been predicted grades you should be fine x
Reply 669
I've got an interview tomorrow at Southampton University for Children's Nursing. Anybody else attending this? Would be nice to speak to people who are attending?

Jade
Original post by helpmeplease96
Hey :smile: good luck!!! You'll be fine :smile: just be yourself everyone there is really friendly and approachable and the interview process takes a few hours!

I heard back really quickly so keep me updated :smile: I was thinking about deferring as well! I might ring and ask them.

Good luck again!

I think it went well :smile: they said we would only hear back soon if we were either unsuccessful or an outstanding candidate so well done for getting a place so quickly! :smile:
Original post by Chash22308903
No it's fine its nice to talk to someone whose doing the same thing!

Good luck with your interview today!! :smile:
Original post by bethey180
I was there for the 12:15 interview, I think I did okay on the maths test how about you? Good luck I hope you get a place!! What branch did you apply for?

I was there at 9am. I applied for adult nursing, she said in the interview that the maths test needs to be a 100% pass, so i know i haven't got a place, i missed a question out. the 10 minutes went way too fast :-( ..
i've an interview at Teeside for Mental Health Nursing on the 4th December (8:45 am) :biggrin:
any else got one for the same day?

I got straight up rejected for children's nursing at Nottingham too! Obviously they don't know what they're missing out on :wink:
Reply 675
Original post by J.cpfcp
I've got an interview tomorrow at Southampton University for Children's Nursing. Anybody else attending this? Would be nice to speak to people who are attending?

I'll be there for mental health but we will all be bunched together I think! Are you from Southampton or are you travelling to be there?

Original post by fc93
I applied the day UCAS opened for postgrad Child and I've also heard nothing yet!

Oh wow I can't complain then! No news is good news as far as I'm concerned😁
Original post by kjade95
Good luck with your interview today!! :smile:

Thank you!! It's not scary I promise, once the maths test is passed you have your interview slots and the questions are just about you, its pretty relaxed :smile:
Reply 677
Original post by jnenp
I'll be there for mental health but we will all be bunched together I think! Are you from Southampton or are you travelling to be there?

Oh wow I can't complain then! No news is good news as far as I'm concerned😁

Nope I'll be travelling from London tomorrow, so scared. Panicking about the maths test as I failed getting into University last year !! Making it worst. Might see you there Jade
Original post by kezped2010
I was there at 9am. I applied for adult nursing, she said in the interview that the maths test needs to be a 100% pass, so i know i haven't got a place, i missed a question out. the 10 minutes went way too fast :-( ..

Oh my gosh really!?! My interviewer didn't say anything about the maths and English, did you find out when we should expect to hear back? I'm sure you'll be fine- just keep thinking positive you never know!!
Original post by bethey180
Oh my gosh really!?! My interviewer didn't say anything about the maths and English, did you find out when we should expect to hear back? I'm sure you'll be fine- just keep thinking positive you never know!!

I asked her at the end of the interview what the pass rate was for maths, as i knew i missed one question out thats when she said 100%, and she just said if i was successful / unsuccessful i would here anytime between now and April. To be honest, i didn't realise the placements are in liverpool, and thats alot of travelling. So i wouldn't be too upset with an unsuccessful. Great uni though.. its a tough choice to make when picking the perfect place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending