Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an SLT applicant, I've applied to MMU, Manchester, BCU and Leeds Beckett, received a rejection from both Manchester Uni's , really gutted as I wanted to go there. I've also received two interviews from BCU and Leeds Beckett. Is there any possibility of going through clearing/Adjustment on results day for the Mancherster Uni's? As I saw on last years thread a girl got in to UoM on results day through adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyrosew)
    Possibly yeah! I'm doing English Language, Applied Science and History, I based my A-levels around the fact I wanted to do primary education when I first started Sixth Form but when I discovered SLT I realised it was more suited to me How about you?
    Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I really didn't know what to do with myself and sort of got nudged to science by family and teachers as I didn't have a preference. I liked all subjects! Had a vague idea of medicine too but have decided I'm too squeamish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CassiaPeach)
    Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I really didn't know what to do with myself and sort of got nudged to science by family and teachers as I didn't have a preference. I liked all subjects! Had a vague idea of medicine too but have decided I'm too squeamish!
    Biology is a good one to have for SLT, haha I would be the same! Where else have you applied for other than the UEA?

ReputationRep:
    Biology is a good one to have for SLT, haha I would be the same! Where else have you applied for other than the UEA?
    Reading (offer), Marjon (offer), Sheffield (interview) and Manchester (withdrew). Haha offer offer interview withdrew sounds vaguely like the Henry the eighth wives poem everyone learnt in primary School! Sorry that's a bit random!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from mmu more than a week after their interview? I know a couple of girls who had their interview the same day as me and they both got offers a week after and I have no word!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CassiaPeach)
    Reading (offer), Marjon (offer), Sheffield (interview) and Manchester (withdrew). Haha offer offer interview withdrew sounds vaguely like the Henry the eighth wives poem everyone learnt in primary School! Sorry that's a bit random!
    Hahah, well good luck with UEA I'm sure you will get the offer!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Was wondering if there are any current University of Reading SLT students?

I'm an international student (from Canada!) and received an offer but haven't accepted yet. I know the program is 2 years without breaks but my question is.. are there reading weeks during the semesters or breaks around Christmas?

Just hoping that I would be able to return home during that time! Thankkks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmeier)
    Hi! Was wondering if there are any current University of Reading SLT students?

I'm an international student (from Canada!) and received an offer but haven't accepted yet. I know the program is 2 years without breaks but my question is.. are there reading weeks during the semesters or breaks around Christmas?

Just hoping that I would be able to return home during that time! Thankkks so much!
    Hello fellow Canuck!

I am a first year at DMU (though not an international student because I am a UK resident now with indefinite leave to remain)

Anyway if you are doing the 2 year program you're likely doing the Master's route. There may be breaks duing the Christmas and Easter period. I had breaks when I did my MA here in the UK. Though that wasn't in Speech Therapy. It might be a good idea to look in the postgrad forum,there might be some insight there.

I couldn't find thelink to it though. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiramisuGoomba)
    Hello fellow Canuck!

I am a first year at DMU (though not an international student because I am a UK resident now with indefinite leave to remain)

Anyway if you are doing the 2 year program you're likely doing the Master's route. There may be breaks duing the Christmas and Easter period. I had breaks when I did my MA here in the UK. Though that wasn't in Speech Therapy. It might be a good idea to look in the postgrad forum,there might be some insight there.

I couldn't find thelink to it though. Sorry!

Awesome! Thanks so much eh? (lol fellow Canadian joke) Yes I am doing the Master's route and I was able to find the Postgraduate forum if anyone is looking for it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3276273

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnelson)
    Has anyone heard anything from mmu more than a week after their interview? I know some a couple of girls who had their interview the same day as me and they both got offers a week after and I have no word!
    How long ago was your interview? Mine was at the end of January and I've heard nothing!! They did mention that some would receive offers/rejections soon after the interview and some would be put on hold until all interviews have happened so I think that's what's happened with me! But they mentioned that people on hold probably won't hear until the end of April so might be a while yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! My interview was December 1st and they only got back quite recently, can't remember the specific date but I think it was around 10th Feb! Very similar to the UEA interview then? Thank you!
    Oh wow, that's a long time! They said we would hear within three weeks, but I think that's unlikely to be honest haha! Fingers crossed though. Yeah I'd say it's fairly similar, although at the UEA there wasn't a group task

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahs98)
    How long ago was your interview? Mine was at the end of January and I've heard nothing!! They did mention that some would receive offers/rejections soon after the interview and some would be put on hold until all interviews have happened so I think that's what's happened with me! But they mentioned that people on hold probably won't hear until the end of April so might be a while yet!
    Mines was mid February! End of April is so long to wait lol! Thanks very much hopefully we'll hear soon enough!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wanted to know those who applied for. Leeds Beckett how long it was before you heard back

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    Just to let people know that the UEA are starting to give offers. I've just received an offer and it will be my first choice 😃

ReputationRep:
    City London are too- just received mine 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from Sheffield!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you both x How long ago did you have your interviews for city Sheffield etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by widx)
    Congrats to you both x How long ago did you have your interviews for city Sheffield etc
    My interview at Sheffield was 7th December. When was yours?

ReputationRep:
    I only applied to Leeds my interview was last week

ReputationRep:
    so have Sheffield began to give offers out again?? i really wanna know if i have got in or not there!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.