Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelenaRadcliffe)
    I wanted someones honesf opinion because i had to do the ucas applications alone. I wanted to know if i have aimed to high basically if i have a chance at getting into my universities : ive applied to cardiff uwe queen margaret glasgow caledionan robert gordon.
    I am english but have been living in france for the past 9 years. I have an international baccalaureate in literature with merit and im in my last semester of a sports science bsc honors degree in france im predicted an upperclass second i think its a 2:1 with my paverage. I am also classed as a high level sports athlete playing rugby at a high level and in France.. thats where my placement has come in.. my degree is based on anatomy biology biomechanics and a lot of injury rehab etc do you think i have a chance of getting into physiotherapy? Idont know if i have been living in a dream world or not
    I think as long as you're understanding of the role is accurate and its something you're truly passionate about it there's no reason not to feel confident. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a sports physio, as long as you understand how much more there is to the role of a physio and you're interested in the other parts too. From what I can tell the uni's are understanding of that to a certain extent. And I think you're at a fantastic starting point from a knowledge point of view, I don't see why you would have a problem. If it's what you want, be confident and go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelenaRadcliffe)
    Definatly, the problem with experience is that work placement doesn't work the same in France, you don't have placement during your international baccalaureat and in your degree it is all programmed for you and the only placements offered are teaching placements, in university. I have however assisted my Rugby Clubs physiotherapist for 2 weeks the the hospital he works in.
    We did mock exams in my clinical injuries class where a each student presents an injury, you had to create a treatment plan with the different exercices etc.
    ok ok, good luck with your application! If you get interviews then focus on clinical placements is my advice try and do some supplementary reading, youtube videos etc to gain a full appreciation of the proffession

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nika15)
    I think as long as you're understanding of the role is accurate and its something you're truly passionate about it there's no reason not to feel confident. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a sports physio, as long as you understand how much more there is to the role of a physio and you're interested in the other parts too. From what I can tell the uni's are understanding of that to a certain extent. And I think you're at a fantastic starting point from a knowledge point of view, I don't see why you would have a problem. If it's what you want, be confident and go for it!
    I would disagree with this and advise anyone who wants to be a sports physiotherapist not to mention it as this is an NHS funded course ran by mainly clinical practitioners who have worked for the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasD96)
    Hi does anyone know if many physio course get into UCAS Extra or even Clearing? Im resitting my A-Levels this year privately so no predicted grades and my already achieved grades arent good enough. Im open to studying occupational therapy but its not my first choice. Ive applied to Salford, Liverpool, MMU and Northumbria but have only heard back from Salford (had an interview) and Liverpool (rejection due to personal statement).
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In previous years i am well aware that Physiotherapy courses have been available through clearing. I dont know the process of how they go around selecting you as i still think you have to have grades that are close enough to what they require and have to have an interview before they would offer you a place. Not quite sure about OT and if they have any spaces through clearing. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spshsha1)
    Thomas, to answer your question; yes. Although this will be limited and only from a few universities I think in total 30 offer physiotherapy, I would imagine 15 at the very most will have spaces on clearingwhen did you send your application may I ask?How much experience have you obtained?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey thanks for the reply im studying Biology Chemistry and Maths and AS Business. I sent my application at the end of October and got rejected by Liverpool instantly as my PS wasnt diverse enough (too sports orientated). I have experience in a sports clinic and trying to get experience elsewhere but its been a struggle to find somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in a similar boat, I sat my A-levels years ago and they aren't high enough so I'm doing an access course which doesn't give predicted grades either. I don't know for certain but I've been told it's extremely unlikely phsyiotherapy spaces will be available in clearing.. unfortunately! It's great you've had an interview though, how was it? I've also got an interview at Salford in a few weeks, and waiting to hear from MMU. Good luck for your other choices.
    Hey the interview was tough though naturally im quite good with them so was happy with how it went. The problem is that i didnt like the university and in the area as its not very centrally located to Manchester (wpuld much prefer MMU)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey the interview was tough though naturally im quite good with them so was happy with how it went. The problem is that i didnt like the university and in the area as its not very centrally located to Manchester (wpuld much prefer MMU)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I've applied to MMU, Salford, Liverpool and Northumbria too (along with Cardiff). I was wondering when you submitted your application and how soon you heard back from Liverpool and Salford ?
    Thanks and Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I've got an interview at Sheffield Hallam this Wednesday and have to do a 40 minute written task after watching a video and I have to write a reflective account. Anyone able to give me any advice on what it should consist of or can anyone give any general advice on the written task? The idea of writing for 40 minutes on an unknown topic is pretty daunting!😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rxg123)
    Anyone heard from Northumbria or Cardiff yet? Got my Huddersfield interview on Tuesday and Manchester met on Wednesday. Then Sheffield Hallam next week😬😬😬😬
    I'm at Huddersfield tomorrow too!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, check your track. I don't usually check past 5pm but I got an update after 8pm tonight - offer from MMU. This has been a long time coming for me (3 years) and I put everything into this so I'm totally overwhelmed right now. Back to work tomorrow but I'll have a skip in my step all day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Guys, check your track. I don't usually check past 5pm but I got an update after 8pm tonight - offer from MMU. This has been a long time coming for me (3 years) and I put everything into this so I'm totally overwhelmed right now. Back to work tomorrow but I'll have a skip in my step all day!
    If anyone on here deserves it, it is you! congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Well done!! I'm chuffed for you, I've just had an interview offer from them too so they must be busy this evening! Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone on here deserves it, it is you! congratulations
    Thank you so much.

Well done!! I'm chuffed for you, I've just had an interview offer from them too so they must be busy this evening! Congrats!!
    Thank you. Well done and best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bcrabtree)
    Hi, I've applied to MMU, Salford, Liverpool and Northumbria too (along with Cardiff). I was wondering when you submitted your application and how soon you heard back from Liverpool and Salford ?
    Thanks and Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey Liverpool was like the day after which was quite a blow tbf as i love liverpool. If you havent heard back from liverpool im sure it could be a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Salford took a month to offer an interview and Liverpool was like the day after which was quite a blow tbf as i love liverpool. If you havent heard back from liverpool im sure it could be a good thing!
    I was sure salford were doing their first batch of interviewing at the end of January?

ReputationRep:
    I was sure salford were doing their first batch of interviewing at the end of January?
    Sorry wrong university, corrected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry wrong university, corrected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you had an interview at then? Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I put my application in 5th November of which I've so far got 1 rejection (Liverpool, which reassuringly seems a few have) and one interview on weds at sheff Hallam! I was looking down my emails to see if I'd missed anything, and my confirmation of Nottingham receiving my application states at the bottom that I'd hear within a month.. well 2 months later I still haven't heard a thing! Has anyone heard from them? I've also applied to Keele and Northumbria which I'm yet to hear from too.

ReputationRep:
    Where have you had an interview at then? Manchester?
    Bournemouth which i withdrew my choice soon afterwards.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.