Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Why on earth would he notify the school that he is bringing in a homemade clock to the school?

And what charges would they bring?

Just as an aside

they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
    Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
    Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
    Then they took pictures of it.
    According to those in the know they knew it wasn't a bomb so a lot of miss information you have been given (it would be interesting to know why you think this was the case)

'the arrest was made over the prospect that it was a 'hoax bomb' intended to scare people at the school — "something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid."'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    AH so as we get further details his 'innocence' is now looking more like a pissy child who was responsible for his own down fall
    :rofl2: Christ you're receptive to bull****, no wonder you're so paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    If they felt it was such s real threat why didn't they follow actual protocol and evacuate the school, get swat teams involved and issue a terror warning? It was just because he is a Muslim, they didn't follow any real guidelines for situations like that, or even the law. Where was his lawyer? They didn't alert his parents AND took the clock away and wot hold of it, if they suspect s bomb it's locked in a room, not kept on a desk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worgenfreeman)
    X
    Worgen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Why on earth would he notify the school that he is bringing in a homemade clock to the school?

And what charges would they bring?

Just as an aside

they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
    Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
    Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
    Then they took pictures of it.
    This is what I want to know. DiddyDec any thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    This is what I want to know. DiddyDec any thoughts
    Because they thought it was a hoax bomb. Did none of you read the article?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Because they thought it was a hoax bomb. Did none of you read the article?
    Surely they would have been following strict procedure whether they believed it to be real or fake?

ReputationRep:
    So, after running through this massive thread, it appears as though the conclusion on the part of some is: one stupid woman does a genuinely stupid thing to a boy of a certain ethnicity or cultural affiliation, therefore all criticism of anyone of that ethnicity, or cultural affiliation, is the precise definition of 'racism', 'Islamophobia', 'xenophobia', etc.

And they say political correctness underpinned by identity politics and moral relativism isn't a problem. Pfft, one glance at TSR demonstrates the complete opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Surely they would have been following strict procedure whether they believed it to be real or fake?
    I don't what the procedures are. Have you got any insight on the matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't what the procedures are. Have you got any insight on the matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't play dumb. Surely,you know. When they suspect a bomb,isn't everyone evacuated whether they believe it to be fake or not?

ReputationRep:
    Don't play dumb. Surely,you know. When they suspect a bomb,isn't everyone evacuated whether they believe it to be fake or not?
    No I don't know what bomb or fake bomb or suspicious package procedures are. Why would I know?

ReputationRep:
    Get a life. He's a little boy,he looks so innocent
    lol looking innocent doesn't make one innocent
    This little boy said he enjoys inventing things,he deserves to get a donation to send him to the best college. Little Einstein in the making.

Stupid American nonsense
    :rofl: Hey, I enjoy maths, I want a donation so I could go to Harvard Kthxbye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n09)
    I'm not the one living in fear of kids with clocks mate.
    Have fun when you're 6 feet under.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that'll be the first thing on my mind if I saw it,especially if he had a Muslim name like Ahmed. Stop trying to justify this
    It IS justifiable. If I was in the kid's class I'd be jumping out of the window - and it won't be because of his religion. It'll be because that thing looks nothing like a clock. And FFS, you're only supporting him because of his faith, open your eyes. Would you rather have a class of dead bodies or a 14 y.o being interrogated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    "Teachers claimed the alarm clock looked like a bomb?"

Really? lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got released and finally did bring an actual bomb for what he's been through just now. 😂
    THAT PLOT TWIST DOE
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    How the **** is a 14yr old able to build and bring a fully functional bomb to school?

Those saying he couldn't even make a clock; acting as if a bomb is something easy to make. Got the equipment from next door right?

****ing idiots.
    You haven't seen the video of 7 year olds building their own AKs.

ReputationRep:
    The little kid made a powerful message after his arrest. 'Don't let people change who you are'. I really hope he gets into MIT. Start raising money people
    Seriously? Because he built a weird clock and got suspended? This is insulting to those who work towards them. If you want him to go there, go sponsor him, don't tell others to raise money. He'll be getting my coin if he manages to build a clock that doesn't look like the next doomsday device.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Seriously? Because he built a weird clock and got suspended? This is insulting to those who work towards them. If you want him to go there, go sponsor him, don't tell others to raise money. He'll be getting my coin if he manages to build a clock that doesn't look like the next doomsday device.
    Why're you so bitter?

ReputationRep:
    No I don't know what bomb or fake bomb or suspicious package procedures are. Why would I know?
    Hahahah oh whatever. Just answer the question. Surely if it was a bomb they would've evacuated the school? But why didn't they? Why didn't they follow strict procedures

ReputationRep:
    Why're you so bitter?
    Why're you so ignorant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Why're you so ignorant?
    You're clearly hating on the boy,you should be happy for him

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.