The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Because they thought it was a hoax bomb. Did none of you read the article?

Surely they would have been following strict procedure whether they believed it to be real or fake?
So, after running through this massive thread, it appears as though the conclusion on the part of some is: one stupid woman does a genuinely stupid thing to a boy of a certain ethnicity or cultural affiliation, therefore all criticism of anyone of that ethnicity, or cultural affiliation, is the precise definition of 'racism', 'Islamophobia', 'xenophobia', etc.

And they say political correctness underpinned by identity politics and moral relativism isn't a problem. Pfft, one glance at TSR demonstrates the complete opposite.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Surely they would have been following strict procedure whether they believed it to be real or fake?

I don't what the procedures are. Have you got any insight on the matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't what the procedures are. Have you got any insight on the matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't play dumb. Surely,you know. When they suspect a bomb,isn't everyone evacuated whether they believe it to be fake or not?
Don't play dumb. Surely,you know. When they suspect a bomb,isn't everyone evacuated whether they believe it to be fake or not?

No I don't know what bomb or fake bomb or suspicious package procedures are. Why would I know?
Get a life. He's a little boy,he looks so innocent

lol looking innocent doesn't make one innocent
This little boy said he enjoys inventing things,he deserves to get a donation to send him to the best college. Little Einstein in the making.

Stupid American nonsense

:rofl: Hey, I enjoy maths, I want a donation so I could go to Harvard Kthxbye.
Original post by n09
I'm not the one living in fear of kids with clocks mate. :wink:

Have fun when you're 6 feet under.
Yeah that'll be the first thing on my mind if I saw it,especially if he had a Muslim name like Ahmed. Stop trying to justify this

It IS justifiable. If I was in the kid's class I'd be jumping out of the window - and it won't be because of his religion. It'll be because that thing looks nothing like a clock. And FFS, you're only supporting him because of his faith, open your eyes. Would you rather have a class of dead bodies or a 14 y.o being interrogated?
Original post by Sweet n Sour
"Teachers claimed the alarm clock looked like a bomb?"

Really? lol
I wouldn't be surprised if he got released and finally did bring an actual bomb for what he's been through just now. 😂

THAT PLOT TWIST DOE
Original post by Rk2k14
How the **** is a 14yr old able to build and bring a fully functional bomb to school?

Those saying he couldn't even make a clock; acting as if a bomb is something easy to make. Got the equipment from next door right?

****ing idiots.

You haven't seen the video of 7 year olds building their own AKs.
The little kid made a powerful message after his arrest. 'Don't let people change who you are'. I really hope he gets into MIT. Start raising money people

Seriously? Because he built a weird clock and got suspended? This is insulting to those who work towards them. If you want him to go there, go sponsor him, don't tell others to raise money. He'll be getting my coin if he manages to build a clock that doesn't look like the next doomsday device.
Original post by Imperion
Seriously? Because he built a weird clock and got suspended? This is insulting to those who work towards them. If you want him to go there, go sponsor him, don't tell others to raise money. He'll be getting my coin if he manages to build a clock that doesn't look like the next doomsday device.

Why're you so bitter?
No I don't know what bomb or fake bomb or suspicious package procedures are. Why would I know?

Hahahah oh whatever. Just answer the question. Surely if it was a bomb they would've evacuated the school? But why didn't they? Why didn't they follow strict procedures
Why're you so bitter?

Why're you so ignorant?
Why're you so ignorant?

You're clearly hating on the boy,you should be happy for him
Leave the Queen alone mate

Why're you so ignorant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're clearly hating on the boy,you should be happy for him

No, I am not. and no, I shouldn't. What amazing this has he done? What has he done that deserves MIT? There's a kid from Western Africa a few years back who got a scholarship to MIT. Know what he did? He had a damn radio station that he created himself for his community and ran it solo for 5 years. Now that deserves recognition.
No, I am not. and no, I shouldn't. What amazing this has he done? What has he done that deserves MIT? There's a kid from Western Africa a few years back who got a scholarship to MIT. Know what he did? He had a damn radio station that he created himself for his community and ran it solo for 5 years. Now that deserves recognition.

The professor at MIT said they want kids like Ahmed. Shot yourself in the foot. Keep hating
Hahahah oh whatever. Just answer the question. Surely if it was a bomb they would've evacuated the school? But why didn't they? Why didn't they follow strict procedures

I don't know. I am not privy to the exact details of the case or their procedures.

What are their procedures for hoax bombs?
The professor at MIT said they want kids like Ahmed. Shot yourself in the foot. Keep hating

How did I? I said he doesn't deserve that kind of attention. There many people who work hard and sacrifice a lot to have a shot at MIT and he gets in because of what? K brb building something to increase my likelihood of going there. I hope I get the same attention :facepalm: I'm not hating on him, I'm hating on what this has turned into.

Unlike sitting on your ass complaining he is showing ambition and creativity . MIT want them sort of students

Latest

Trending

Trending