Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Even if it changes back to applied I doubt it would say longlisted at all if you were actually unsuccessful. That would be so harsh

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly how many people make it from longlist to shortlist ie get an interview? Specifically for Medical Physics if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve0606)
    Does anyone know roughly how many people make it from longlist to shortlist ie get an interview? Specifically for Medical Physics if possible.
    The number of interview spaces is the number of spaces available x3 (for genomics is 24x3). Then there is a number equal to the original number of spaces in reserves (genomics its 24).

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Check your 'my messages' section!! I have a confirmation message saying I've been longlisted.

ReputationRep:
    I'm longlisted on PC, saw it about 30 mins ago and hasn't changed since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emm18)
    Check your 'my messages' section!! I have a confirmation message saying I've been longlisted.
    Yep same here. Thanks for the heads up.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you put 2 choices down what the actual difference will be between your first and second choice as in are you less likely to be shortlisted for one if you put it as your second choice???

ReputationRep:
    And just got two confirmation emails through Dashboard too

ReputationRep:
    Longlisted! Genomics and genomic counselling. Does anyone know if this is just based of the test scores and what percentage get longlisted?! Dont want to get my hope up!

ReputationRep:
    I have it in writing from the nshcs that I've been longlisted...such a relief! Phew

ReputationRep:
    Awesome have a message too!!!!! Well after being messed around all day, feel pretty pleased that at least my application will get read. I really feel for those who are unsuccessful though, must be so frustrating to go through all that and not get long listed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    Does anyone know if you put 2 choices down what the actual difference will be between your first and second choice as in are you less likely to be shortlisted for one if you put it as your second choice???
    They judge the choices separately I believe. Someone I know got an interview for the 2nd preference and reserve for their first.

ReputationRep:
    I got the messages! Everyone must have done as shite as me in the numerical reasoning, LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emm18)
    Same here! Time to be happy now ^^^^

ReputationRep:
    Also received a message on the portal confirming I've been longlisted - and now we relax until 21st March!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone! How many do they 'longlist' or do we not know? Also, I noticed that in previous years candidates were shortlisted out of something like 65 points or so - does anyone know how that works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rls997)
    Congrats everyone! How many do they 'longlist' or do we not know? Also, I noticed that in previous years candidates were shortlisted out of something like 65 points or so - does anyone know how that works?
    its a score out of 69 based on the person specification, qualifications etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emm18)
    So is that largely the supporting questions or are there other factors they take into account also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emm18)
    Do they still need to disqualify the bottom 30% after shortlisting scores are done? Or is that long listing I'm thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rls997)
    So is that largely the supporting questions or are there other factors they take into account also?
    Its your whole application. The supporting questions should tick off a lot of the criteria, but yeah your previous jobs and what you described there can also count towards points, your education too. Basically, whatever was on the person specification, you needed to try and write something about that somewhere in your application.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.