The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Internet
Because shadow, gays are an abomination

God dammit, next you'll be telling them about our gay agenda!
Original post by shadowdweller
God dammit, next you'll be telling them about our gay agenda!

Exactly. The gay agenda is an abomination. A western plot to them all people gay to effectively sterilise whole countries. The abomination will just get worse. One day every one will be gay and humans shall die out

Think about thay one gays. You're contributing to the destruction of humanity by choosing to be gay
Also yes I do agree with sex in marriage :tongue:
Reply 663
There is no reason at all to be against it, I don't understand why people are?If two people love each other then they should be allowed to get married, doesn't matter what gender any of they are.
Original post by simbasdragon
Please don't try and claim this as universal truth. Sure, some of the more religious and older generation are opposed to same-sex marriage.

However, the vast majority of young, non Hasidic, Jews living in the UK today are pro gay-rights and same-sex marriage. I say this as someone who goes to a Jewish school with around 1000 people in, and those who express anti gay-marriage views are very much in the minority.

We have had gay pride days and there are LGBT posters on the walls in my Jewish faith school.

Don't use the outdated views of some Jews to justify your bigotry

All I was trying to say is that you can't just say that only Christians don't support homosexual marriage. Fair enough - I know there are Jews who do support it. I neve4r claimed it was a universal truth, I just said many don't agree with it.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Good thing religion doesn't control secular policy, then.

Saying you won't support something doesn't mean you hate the people involved. Everybody is allowed to have and voice their own opinion. Just because we won't support it it doesn't mean it will be banned from every country everywhere.
Lots of people, religious or not, think that sex outside of marriage is wrong. Does that mean it is banned? No. If we have a belief, and that belief is in the majority, then surely whatever it is it should be put forward in court.
Euthanasia, Abortion, IVF, Same-sex marriage, Assisted Suicide - the list is endless. Some are legal, some are illegal. Different people have different opinions, and, whatever the issue, religion will have a part to play in a person's ethics, and this is how, through voting, new laws should be passed. I'm not saying make homosexual marriage, illegal, but you can't say we are homophobic haters just because we choose to follow the Bible.
Original post by FollowingJC24/7
Saying you won't support something doesn't mean you hate the people involved. Everybody is allowed to have and voice their own opinion. Just because we won't support it it doesn't mean it will be banned from every country everywhere.
Lots of people, religious or not, think that sex outside of marriage is wrong. Does that mean it is banned? No. If we have a belief, and that belief is in the majority, then surely whatever it is it should be put forward in court.
Euthanasia, Abortion, IVF, Same-sex marriage, Assisted Suicide - the list is endless. Some are legal, some are illegal. Different people have different opinions, and, whatever the issue, religion will have a part to play in a person's ethics, and this is how, through voting, new laws should be passed. I'm not saying make homosexual marriage, illegal, but you can't say we are homophobic haters just because we choose to follow the Bible.

If you espouse homophobic beliefs, you're a homophobe regardless of whether you are doing so because the Bible tells you to or because the Bible of Scientology tells you to (yes I made that up).
Original post by Perpetual Shoah
Because we care about wider society and especially the fate of the future generation.

Homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles and more likely to abuse their children.

Not really sure how to respond to something like this tbh. The stupidity some people on here come up with is truly astounding...
Original post by Lady Comstock
If you espouse homophobic beliefs, you're a homophobe regardless of whether you are doing so because the Bible tells you to or because the Bible of Scientology tells you to (yes I made that up).

I don't think being in favour of only a "man-woman" relationship would necessarily entail one as holding "homophobic" beliefs.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I don't think being in favour of only a "man-woman" relationship would necessarily entail one as holding "homophobic" beliefs.

Compare with: 'I am only in favour of the white race. I am not in favour of black people' or 'I am only in favour of Christianity. I am not in favour of Islam'.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't believe in marriage. I think it's an archaic institution which isn't fit for our time :h:.
I don't find a problem if someone finds love within their own gender. I think we are entitled to make our own choices.
23% of TSR should be ashamed of themselves.
Original post by Alexion
23% of TSR should be ashamed of themselves.

Just so we are clear when were you made the judge of all things right or wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FollowingJC24/7
I think that, for most Christians, it is explicitly said in the Bible, in Leviticus 18:22:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination"

Therefore I think Christians feel that they cannot go against it, so have to follow it. It is not necessarily originally their own personal view, but they believe in a God who knows everything - what right have we to argue against Him? He has shown us many times how wrong we have been in the past.

The Bible also teaches us to not rape, or cheat, or abuse others, or have sex, or at least unprotected sex, before marriage.

Also, just by saying we do not support homosexual marriage, it does not mean we hate gay people in any way. We can have our opinion , and you can have yours.

Nah, Christians feel they can't go against it because they are already prejudice. The Bible says a tonne of things the average if not majority of Christians do not follow. You pick and choose when it is convenient for you.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's his own opinion... not sure that opinion pointed to an assertion that he believes he is the judge of all things.
Original post by shadowdweller
Because clearly people follow every single thing stated in the bible?

No, but they aspire to and that aspiration to not be gay would invalidate gay marriage, wouldnt it? unlike smoking/nonsmoker.

Except that contradicts what you said. That states they have the right to found a family, not that having offspring is a criteria of marriage.

Again youre completely out of context (you seem to have a problem with context) I was highlighting the function of natural law, in law to show there is no disaffection between both rights but an interdependence. And you've misunderstood even the position that the UDoHR was taking when the article expressed "without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion"
because that does not include gender so it was not insinuating that gays could marry neither.

Except that that's nonsense :lol:

People get married in the full knowledge that they will never be able to, or never want to have children. Some may hope their diagnosis was wrong, but others will not, and they still marry.

But they have informed the church otherwise or it was never discussed. The church has no capacity to investigate such claims - those ppl have either been misunderstood by you or by the church or have perpetuated a fraud to get married.

No, I meant any more. A claim is just a claim with any sexuality, no?

Like I said a claim is just a claim

In the post I quoted, you said "until then they will continue thinking that they are normal and cause decent society endless problems", that's what I was asking for evidence of. You didn't make any claims about a cure, simply that you thought there should be one; and that doesn't need supporting evidence.

Neither does a prophecy that hasn't yet been fulfilled
Original post by abruiseonthesky
You should give me that, as it's a fact, but I'll pass over your blatant disregard for that.

The only reason homosexuality was ever seen as immoral/was outlawed is because people used to/do base their morals on their holy book. As society has moved away from religion being the only moral code, and more towards atheism/agnosticism/moderate interpretations of religion, we don't have this bigoted view that homosexuality is something immoral or to be criminalised. Our moral systems now - in Europe generally speaking - are based less off the rules and codes set out in moral books and more on what we feel and view as morally correct, such as allowing all people the freedom, and their basic right, to marry the person they wish to, regardless of their gender.

They can 'love' whosoever they want - the discussion is why should they get marriage? why cant they just abuse each other in the privacy of their own home? why do they need to bring their perverted skin into a church when they dont even obey God and have a Minister of God ordain their 'marriage'?

Is this not an attempt by gay to bully the rest of society? would the like us going to their Coming Out Day parties and exorsize demons out of them?
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Oh yes because homosexual = paedophile
Wait I forgot about all those instances of heterosexual paedophilia...

I never said anything about paedophiles.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did they claim that other than never? are you suggesting they're not allowed their own opinion? or are you nit-picking their specific language to a needlessly anal degree?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending