Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gap year applicant still waiting, do you guys know of any gap years who have been interviewed in March or should I just stop hoping?

ReputationRep:
    If your looking for interview resources this is really good

ReputationRep:
    Been ages, I'm starting to lose hope for an interview...got 2 from Leeds and Bristol and 2 rejections, UCL is the last one. Will they let me know when I get rejected or will I just have to expect nothing from them? I once thought I would be able to get one...

ReputationRep:
    Rejection post interview 😢😢😢 All my confidence is gone now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..........)
    I heard it was but looking at the freedom of information request, there seem to be like over 600 pple invited for interview and a lot less given an offer.
    can you send me a link to the freedom of information request thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAL1998)
    oh my goodness, i'm so sorry to hear that!
    Was there a specific reason or did you feel it went fine?

ReputationRep:
    Well considering the fact that around 700 applicants get invited for interview and there around 220 places, the percentage of offers received by people who are interviewed is around 30%
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    Guys what are the chances of getting an offer once being called to an interview? Is it relatively high or not really

ReputationRep:
    Well considering the fact that around 700 applicants get invited for interview and there around 220 places, the percentage of offers received by people who are interviewed is around 30%
    There are around 322 places i think and also don't they call people on a rolling basis as in they don't call everyone at the same time, so they might not interview 700 people

ReputationRep:
    oh my goodness, i'm so sorry to hear that!
    Was there a specific reason or did you feel it went fine?
    I really dont know . I felt the interview was pretty okay; I stuttered in some parts and rambled in others but I dont really think it was a complete disaster. I guess my application wasnt strong enough in comparison to this year's pool.

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know . I felt the interview was pretty okay; I stuttered in some parts and rambled in others but I dont really think it was a complete disaster. I guess my application wasnt strong enough in comparison to this year's pool.
    oh i see. Im sure your application is great, what parts do you think weren't strong enough (although I'm sure they were)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..........)
    ANYONE HAVE THEIR INTEVIEW ON THE 10th OR 11th FEBRUARY?
    Yeah, I have mine on the 10th

ReputationRep:
    Thank you . I dont think my grades were the problem. Perhaps I needed a bit more work experience, despite the fact that I spent 2 months of my summer volunteering in a Cancer Center for children and shadowing an oncologist. I'm an international student though so I guess that puts me at quite a disadvantage in terms of spots available
    oh i see. Im sure your application is great, what parts do you think weren't strong enough (although I'm sure they were)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you . I dont think my grades were the problem. Perhaps I needed a bit more work experience, despite the fact that I spent 2 months of my summer volunteering in a Cancer Center for children and shadowing an oncologist. I'm an international student though so I guess that puts me at quite a disadvantage in terms of spots available
    oh right that must be it! i can't imagine the competition applying as an international student!! Don't be disheartened and i wish you all the best for you other universities

ReputationRep:
    oh right that must be it! i can't imagine the competition applying as an international student!! Don't be disheartened and i wish you all the best for you other universities
    Thank you so much! I wish you all the best as well. Where did you apply if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear to that, I think I have one coming my way too. When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard82)
    Sorry to hear to that, I think I have one coming my way too. When was your interview?
    January 13th. Hopefully you dont have one coming on your way!!

ReputationRep:
    Just posting this to try and help out those of you who have not yet recieved interviews, I understand how stressful it is, I hadnt heard anything back from UCL till last week when they asked for module grades, sent them to ucl the same day and got an interview invitation today for 10th February. They will interview till march (someone I know who couldnt make any of the february dates has his invitation for the 4th of march) at the very least so stay hopeful guys.

Stats if anyone is wondering
    GCSEs: 7A*s 5As 1B
    AS: 4As (Three science and maths) + D in critical thinking Average UMS excluding CT (89.3%)
    A2 Predictions: 4 A stars
    BMAT: 6.2 6.2 3.5A

Good luck everyone who has interviews, they give out like 700 invitations and 500 offers so the odds are on your side I guess. Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joooeee)
    Got to get to UCL for 12:30
    I'm in for the morning session, good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azrafc)
    Just posting this to try and help out those of you who have not yet recieved interviews, I understand how stressful it is, I hadnt heard anything back from UCL till last week when they asked for module grades, sent them to ucl the same day and got an interview invitation today for 10th February. They will interview till march (someone I know who couldnt make any of the february dates has his invitation for the 4th of march) at the very least so stay hopeful guys.

Stats if anyone is wondering
    GCSEs: 7A*s 5As 1B
    AS: 4As (Three science and maths) + D in critical thinking
    A2 Predictions: 4 A stars
    BMAT: 6.2 6.2 3.5A

Good luck everyone who has interviews, they give out like 700 invitations and 500 offers so the odds are on your side I guess. Hope this helped!
    Congrats! What time did you get the email today? Are you a gap year applicant? Do you know of any gap years who got interviewed late by UCL? Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I'm just stressed 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehek1)
    Congrats! What time did you get the email today? Are you a gap year applicant? Do you know of any gap years who got interviewed late by UCL? Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I'm just stressed 😂
    I'm in the same boat, getting stressed tf out, in Y13 and haven't heard yet...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.