Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Good riddance. You should all finally step aside, you know…
    Go win an election and then we will.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    The Liberals won the election?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The Liberals won the election?
    *Go win an election, or lose a ginormous number of seats in one and become a junior coalition partner. Preferably the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Those five more votes really give you a much stronger mandate… My point is that if you lefties were a bit more interesting and good sports, you'd recognise the fact that TSR is heavily biased against right-wing parties and at least give us the chance by abstaining from negotiations for a term after so many disastrous governments with no Conservative involvement. I mean, it would be like letting the physically handicapped kid play with you despite ruining the game for everyone else from their viewpoint and you like that kind of sensitive compassionate shit… :dontknow: We just want to have a go and show you how it's done because the only reason we're losing in this game is that it's practically four against two.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, how come **** isn't censored? Is this the real life? :eek:

Edit: Now it is. Strange. Almost as if the spirit of the CT gave me a nod.

ReputationRep:
    Those five more votes really give you a much stronger mandate… My point is that if you lefties were a bit more interesting and good sports, you'd recognise the fact that TSR is heavily biased against right-wing parties and at least give us the chance by abstaining from negotiations for a term after so many disastrous governments with no Conservative involvement. I mean, it would be like letting the physically handicapped kid play with you despite ruining the game for everyone else from their viewpoint and you like that kind of sensitive compassionate shit… :dontknow: We just want to have a go and show you how it's done because the only reason we're losing in this game is that it's practically four against two.
    Yes, TSR is biased against right-wing parties. Your job as leader of the Tory party is to innovate and find a way to overcome the bias - just like it's going to be Jeremy Corbyn's job in 2020 to innovate and make his policies acceptable to the electorate. Do you think if he loses that election, the Tories are going to go 'Look Jez mate, we've been in government a bit long now, why don't you have a try?' Of course they're not. Politics doesn't work like that. Besides, you and Ukip have enough seats to have formed a viable coalition at the beginning of this term. It's not our fault that you couldn't get along/couldn't get a coalition agreement together in time/whatever the issue was, and we shouldn't have to compensate for that.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Yes, TSR is biased against right-wing parties. Your job as leader of the Tory party is to innovate and find a way to overcome the bias - just like it's going to be Jeremy Corbyn's job in 2020 to innovate and make his policies acceptable to the electorate. Do you think if he loses that election, the Tories are going to go 'Look Jez mate, we've been in government a bit long now, why don't you have a try?' Of course they're not. Politics doesn't work like that. Besides, you and Ukip have enough seats to have formed a viable coalition at the beginning of this term. It's not our fault that you couldn't get along/couldn't get a coalition agreement together in time/whatever the issue was, and we shouldn't have to compensate for that.
    ConKip has less seats than us so they'd only get into Government if we collapsed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are you now trying to say that 21>23?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    ConKip has less seats than us so they'd only get into Government if we collapsed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they had submitted a coalition agreement before us though they would have got in.

21 > 23 if 21 has got its **** together and written a coalition agreement and 23 hasn't.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    If they had submitted a coalition agreement before us though they would have got in.

21 > 23 if 21 has got its **** together and written a coalition agreement and 23 hasn't.
    Not true. Even if they'd submitted first, as long as we submit before the deadline and have more seats, we're the Government

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, a) it's an entirely different environment because unlike the RL counterpart, we have no power and do ****, b) I'd be surprised if more than 10% of your electorate knew your policies, c) the chance was close to nil due to most of Liberals being too leftist and most of us too principled, and d) it was of course tongue-in-cheek; I don't actually expect you lot to make way because you lack the rationality, self-criticism and honour. Always thinking you are the best and then only three of your who knows how many cabinet members actually do something and even that is riddled with errors… Okay, there's no point in arguing further. It's only natural that each of us think they're the best.

ReputationRep:
    If you joined up with the greens then you could have had 25
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's not quite how it works, otherwise after the period starts it would be a race to PM the speaker saying "My party will form the government". Try taking the relevant documentation a read.

But given that the 23 had it is irrelevant whether the 21 has or not, and why is it that you assume that the 21 didn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    If you joined up with the greens then you could have had 25
    I believe they had Aph back then. Granted, we'd like to have a go but we aren't mad! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well, a) it's an entirely different environment because unlike the RL counterpart, we have no power and do ****, b) I'd be surprised if more than 10% of your electorate knew your policies, c) the chance was close to nil due to most of Liberals being too leftist and most of us too principled, and d) it was of course tongue-in-cheek; I don't actually expect you lot to make way because you lack the rationality, self-criticism and honour. Always thinking you are the best and then only three of your who knows how many cabinet members actually do something and even that is riddled with errors… Okay, there's no point in arguing further. It's only natural that each of us think they're the best.
    a) It's the same principle, b) if you're talking about TSR Labour you have a point, if you're talking about rl Labour then you're seriously underestimating the readership of the mass media, c) on your first point, if you're too principled to go into coalition with some people then again that's not our problem, and on your second, I can't believe that it's you saying that tbh, because knowing you LP, if the situation was reversed and this was me complaining about how the Tories should step aside for Labour to have a go in government, would you say yes? Would you hell. You'd laugh in my face, make a comment about how weak our leadership was, probably make a bizarre joke and stay right where you were in government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Not true. Even if they'd submitted first, as long as we submit before the deadline and have more seats, we're the Government

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not quite how it works, otherwise after the period starts it would be a race to PM the speaker saying "My party will form the government". Try taking the relevant documentation a read.

Genuinely didn't know that. Whoops

ReputationRep:
    a) It's the same principle, b) if you're talking about TSR Labour you have a point, if you're talking about rl Labour then you're seriously underestimating the readership of the mass media, c) on your first point, if you're too principled to go into coalition with some people then again that's not our problem, and on your second, I can't believe that it's you saying that tbh, because knowing you LP, if the situation was reversed and this was me complaining about how the Tories should step aside for Labour to have a go in government, would you say yes? Would you hell. You'd laugh in my face, make a comment about how weak our leadership was, probably make a bizarre joke and stay right where you were in government.
    It would depend on our performance. If I were to find myself in the exact same position as your government now, I'd resign and expect you to get rid of us.

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on our performance. If I were to find myself in the exact same position as your government now, I'd resign and expect you to get rid of us.
    Well, based on that logic, given the Tory performance this term, I'd question why you're still leader.

ReputationRep:
    Well, based on that logic, given the Tory performance this term, I'd question why you're still leader.
    Because thanks to your government, there's no need to hurry. If we can't prove our superiority to the electorate through activity and you're already below par, it's much more reasonable to stockpile for when we have the chance to lead.

Anyway, I'll resign rather soon due to professional commitments out there in reality so don't worry. :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Will the next chancellor be from Labour or the Liberals?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.