The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrob97
Got an offer for English lit (which I was so sure I wasn't going to get) and allocated to Chads which was my first choice! Anyone in a similar situation? Congrats to everyone who has offers!!

Well done! When did you get your offer and your college allocation? At the same time?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Are anyone elses 'details incorrect' when trying to log into the post-offer visit page?
Reply 662
I received an offer for Psychology! And I will stay at St. John's college :smile:
Original post by SilviaF
I received an offer for Psychology! And I will stay at St. John's college :smile:

Congrats! There's a St John's group chat on Facebook. If you have facebook, message me on here so we can add you!
Original post by Sugar_1998
I'm scared everyone in Durham will be rah's. I'm working class with an afro heritage, there's not a lot of people of colour at Durham, good uni tho

I have similar concerns as you. Working class with a common as muck Northern accent so I'm worried my face won't fit. Hoping it will be more diverse than I'm expecting - and if not, we need to stick together!
Original post by qwertyasdfghj
Well done! When did you get your offer and your college allocation? At the same time?

Hi, no I got my college allocation about a week after my offer :smile:
Original post by Workerb33
I have similar concerns as you. Working class with a common as muck Northern accent so I'm worried my face won't fit. Hoping it will be more diverse than I'm expecting - and if not, we need to stick together!

I feel the same! I'm from a state school in Newcastle and I'm a bit worried about it, glad I'm not the only one!
Allocated St. John's for Law, first choice.
I feel the same! I'm from a state school in Newcastle and I'm a bit worried about it, glad I'm not the only one!

Aren't you doing English Literature too? :smile:

Same (well closer to Sunderland actually) - don't worry I met people from all over and they love the Geordie accent so you should be golden. Just don't say 'canny' all the time as southerners aren't used to the slang.
Original post by scratchedpaw
Same (well closer to Sunderland actually) - don't worry I met people from all over and they love the Geordie accent so you should be golden. Just don't say 'canny' all the time as southerners aren't used to the slang.

Nice to see all the North Eastern-ers here! I'm from Boro :smile:
Aren't you doing English Literature too? :smile:

Yeah I am!
Original post by scratchedpaw

Thank you, that has made me feel better :smile:
Got an offer for English lit (which I was so sure I wasn't going to get) and allocated to Chads which was my first choice! Anyone in a similar situation? Congrats to everyone who has offers!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Nice to see all the North Eastern-ers here! I'm from Boro :smile:

So we will have smoggies, mackems and Geordies all over the place:biggrin:. But in Durhams stats they actually state figures on people with NE post codes if you have a look :wink:
Thank you, that has made me feel better :smile:

No bother... Petlamb :h:
I mean we can go visit home for family birthdays whenever we like so it's all good hahaha
Yeah I am!

Cool same here! What college, if you know yet?
Cool same here! What college, if you know yet?

St Chads (the Bailey), what about you?
St Chads (the Bailey), what about you?

Cool! I'll be in Grey. Hopefully we'll get chance to meet up and hang out when October rolls around :smile:
Just allocated to St Hild and St Bede, anyone else? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest