Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello6)
    i got 8.75% and 1.23 for the maths ones
    Exactly what I got for both of them. Hope they are right.:borat:

ReputationRep:
    How many marks in total were the data questions worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly97)
    What do you mean we had to read it right to left?? :'(
    Basically, I analysed that sea level increased and pollen quantity increased after the volcanic eruption because on the right on the volcanic eruption everything increased but... I should have looked to the left of the volcanic eruption as that was afterwards...I was analysing the data before the volcanic eruption.

I am so annoyed because I am not dumb at all, I understood and could do most of the other questions but that stupid question, I have done completely wrong so would have lost all marks from it.

Does anyone remember how many marks that whole question was out of???

Would I have gained any marks from that question at all?

ReputationRep:
    Would ribosomes not get the mark for the rER stupid diagram thing? Also what were we supposed to talk about in the 3 marker afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4169657 can we have a vote on how hard this exam was please, might give us a better idea of grade boundaries etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas_54)
    which graph....????
    the volcanic eruptions one - pollen and sea level

ReputationRep:
    THE WORST EXAM OF MY LIFE!!! I preferred the UKCAT than this.

ReputationRep:
    WELL I am very very happy that I done the unit 2 resit put it that way, everyone else write about splicing : intron retention and exon skipping. bmt the one part I neglected and then banged out actually came up <3

ReputationRep:
    I think the gpp percentage question was harsh... I wasn't sure whether to take waste into account or not as surely the same waste quantity isn't lost for each trophic level so how do you know it was 40?? extremely unfair if you ask me. The whole paper has ****ed up the a* I was aiming for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 32908)
    Basically, I analysed that sea level increased and pollen quantity increased after the volcanic eruption because on the right on the volcanic eruption everything increased but... I should have looked to the left of the volcanic eruption as that was afterwards...I was analysing the data before the volcanic eruption.

I am so annoyed because I am not dumb at all, I understood and could do most of the other questions but that stupid question, I have done completely wrong so would have lost all marks from it.

Omg, are you sure that was the case? I'm sure sea levels did rise after the volcanic eruption but now that you mention in, the pollen graph may have been dodgy :// fml. I think altogether, them questions were around 8 marks?

ReputationRep:
    What about the fluid mosaic question and macrophages??? What was that about?

ReputationRep:
    Such a horrible exam paper! Before I forget though, what did you guys get on the questions about
    1) the type of division done by B cells? I stupidly wrote clonal selection but it's mitosis isn't it?
    2) the reason why the data was not significant? I said because of the overlapping error bars?
    3) the time of death questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 32908)
    Basically, I analysed that sea level increased and pollen quantity increased after the volcanic eruption because on the right on the volcanic eruption everything increased but... I should have looked to the left of the volcmanic eruption as that was afterwards...I was analysing the data before the volcanic eruption.

Its is likely you will get error carried forward, so still gain other marks such as manipulating data, even if youve manipulated it the wrong way around. Theyd have put that into the exam knowing people would read it the wrong was around. I only realised i should read right to left half way through the question myself.

ReputationRep:
    ii have no clue what to revise for U5 now if less than half of the stuff on the spec will actually show up on the exam. Maybe PCR and **** will show up in the scientific article bit because otherwise i have no clue what is happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HungarianTamil)
    Did anyone do AQA Chemistry 2 days ago? That paper annihilated me, and now this paper....

yes I did that paper.....I can't actually believe my life right now like why all the hard ass papers this year?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly97)
    Such a horrible exam paper! Before I forget though, what did you guys get on the questions about
    1) the type of division done by B cells? I stupidly wrote clonal selection but it's mitosis isn't it?
    2) the reason why the data was not significant? I said because of the overlapping error bars?
    3) the time of death questions?
    I wrote clonal selection because they specifically asked about B cells. Mitosis seemed to "general".

ReputationRep:
    Why where values missing for the peat bog?

ReputationRep:
    loooool man read the graph backwards :'(

ReputationRep:
    For the one on rising sea levels, I had a geography disadvantage here and talked about bloody thermal expansion. The thought of melting ice caps didn't even come to mind cos of how simple that is. I think the paper wasn't too bad. It just started and ended horribly which is why we all feel pretty *****y about it.

ReputationRep:
    Lolololololol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.