** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alinochka)
    Can anyone list all the firms and their test providers, please? That will be so helpful) Thanks in advance!
    Posted one in the summer thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    It's a joke calm down :')

Everyone's so serious in here.

EDIT: You of course are smart and do have a brain.. I've spoken to you before, thought you'd know I was kidding but since you didn't I apologize

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's OK :')

I just thought you had something against me or anyone going to UCL lol

Which SW have you applied to? So far, I've only got down Credit Suisse and I'm in the middle of Nomura

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    That's OK :')

I just thought you had something against me or anyone going to UCL lol

Which SW have you applied to? So far, I've only got down Credit Suisse and I'm in the middle of Nomura

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no lol, I applied there, course I don't have anything against it! And nah, you're cool.

Nothing yet, I'm waiting for some of the others to open so I can just smash out any tests needed to be done. But, I'll probably get JPM/CS done soon-ish, since I was at the insight days for those.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apply by mid October (just to get it all out of the way), and ofc if any SWs (Barc/Laz) open in Nov and Oct, as soon as you can by then. Leave GS until last in case you get anymore experience in your first few months at uni as they're non-rolling.

All of them, each will have single digit thousands of applicants so unless you think you're the next god, you're better off applying everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Also can you apply for SWs in both AM and Ibd, or are you better off just choosing one sector?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_98)
    Thanks. Also can you apply for SWs in both AM and Ibd, or are you better off just choosing one sector?
    You can at GS, but it's advised you just stick to the one division. Everywhere else, I believe you can only apply to one - of course you can always apply to some banks in IBD/FO/S&T and some others AM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glebp)
    Just practice SHL and you should be relatively prepared
    Spoiler:
    Show
    в личку))
    SHL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blksheep)
    SHL?
    test provider

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the tests called which banks use in the application process for spring weeks? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJA98)
    What are the tests called which banks use in the application process for spring weeks? Thank you.
    There is this phenomena called... Google
    And also your answer is in the comments above 😂.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    There is this phenomena called... Google
    And also your answer is in the comments above 😂.
    Glad I'm not the only one.. And then people say I'm dickish for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only one.. And then people say I'm dickish for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey i feel offended you just swore please apologise you're a moderator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Hey i feel offended you just swore please apologise you're a moderator
    I'll get you a safe space dw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah I'm just too lazy to scroll up and I obviously googled and couldn't find the answer hence asked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJA98)
    Hahah I'm just too lazy to scroll up and I obviously googled and couldn't find the answer hence asked
    Laziness isn't good uno

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anybody here already started uni?

i am glad i started little earlier cause freshers week hammers you down like

ReputationRep:
    You can at GS, but it's advised you just stick to the one division. Everywhere else, I believe you can only apply to one - of course you can always apply to some banks in IBD/FO/S&T and some others AM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also would you say getting an SW/internship at a top AM firm e.g Blackrock is less or more easier than getting into a FO role at an IB, given they offer less places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_98)
    Also would you say getting an SW/internship at a top AM firm e.g Blackrock is less or more easier than getting into a FO role at an IB, given they offer less places?
    There's going to be overqualified people getting denied at all programs. That being said, I for instance, won't be applying for BlackRock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_98)
    Mate, just go for the programs you want to go for. There's no point comparing competitiveness of each, if you're good, you will get it.

ReputationRep:
    Once you successfully complete the test, how much time do you have to prep for the first phone interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    Once you successfully complete the test, how much time do you have to prep for the first phone interview?
    They normally give you about a week or 2 i think but it depends on each bank but you will have a week atleast for prep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.