Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry389)
    9?
    i got 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janvi24)
    What was the number of peaks for lidocaine (carbon nmr)
    I think I put 9. I remember counting them and getting 10 which wasn't one of the answers so I gave it a recount!

ReputationRep:
    Please someone say that exam was hard for them too... I started having a panic attack in there... It went horribly and I revised so much for this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 97Y)
    Just a load of one mark questions that took too long.. Odd paper with relatively simple questions at times but it's stuff that has never EVER come up.. Not amused AQA - I am going through clearing
    Totally agree!! Plus lots of questions worth around 2 marks which were worth about 4 on all the past papers, but obviously took just as long to complete!

ReputationRep:
    CH3OCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH
    Anyone else with the same

ReputationRep:
    Can we do an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    I found it a very hard paper but I still think I've done well in it!
    Answer to last question was something like H3COCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH
    Or that's what I got at least and I was pretty confident with it.
    Was unsure about the reaction with the diol - my answer was a cyclic compound?
    Also unsure about the question regarding the hydrogen chloride thing with the large molecule which sounded like cocaine?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure H3COCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH is correct, thats what i got anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agnessagacious)
    I wrote that for the last question but it's a tertiary alcohol and it can't be oxidized with potassium dichromate :'( :'(
    My answer was a cyclic compound with the diol too! yay
    The chloride thing I wrote it's more soluble? idk
    it wnt a tertiary alcohol as a tertiary alcohol cant be oxidised, and turning green would show it had been oxidised? I got that structure too

ReputationRep:
    how the **** are we supposed to know what a medical suture is?!! now i know its a stitch that can dissolve so i could answer the question but i didn't know that in the exam did i

ReputationRep:
    I put k[H+] for the new rate equation, if the concentration of propanal is so high so there's a massive excess, it won't limit the rate I think?

ReputationRep:
    Rekt by Chem 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9 peaks because of the two methyl groups on the benzene.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was terrible would be lucky if i even got a C tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizem.Tekin)
    Please someone say that exam was hard for them too... I started having a panic attack in there... It went horribly and I revised so much for this exam
    I was exactly the same revised loads and they go and give us that horrible paper! It was a hard paper. But I kept looking over my calculations and most of them I don't think I could have put anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piercedoc21)
    CH3OCH2CH2C(CH3)2OH
    Anyone else with the same
    Same mate, 99% sure its correct

ReputationRep:
    The last question rekt me, just couldn't get the structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Other than marks 6 marks that i found difficult and know i lost, i though that was a reasonable paper. Did anyone say electrophillic addition for the one where a aldehyde became an ether or just me?

ReputationRep:
    Also my compound for the last question had one alcohol group and one ether group...

ReputationRep:
    rip me

ReputationRep:
    Ok so for the last question we know it has to be a primary/secondary alcohol because of the dichromate reaction, but the O-H nmr peak was a singlet, suggesting the adjacent carbon to the alcohol group is itself bonded to no hydrogens. Therefore how can it be a primary or secondary alcohol??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.