Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the UMS questionnaire, when they ask for AS grades in other subjects, should we just put the grade (e.g. A) or the UMS/PUM as well?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Got 8-week email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Got 8-week email
    Sameee~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdmcdm)
    The initial review or the 8 week email?
    8 week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belcharlie)
    8 week
    How long after the initial review email did you receive the 8 week, if you don't mind me asking? Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got my initial review email on the same day as most of you who’re receiving the 8 week email now, but I still haven’t got my 8 week email bit worried…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Same here. Btw which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Politics & IR, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christiha)
    Politics & IR, you?
    Finance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx
    Which course are you applying? Only courses that require A* in Mathematics require ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyrebirds)
    Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.
    It depends on where you are from and the sort of applicants in the international pool. I know that certainly they do not lower standards for international students. I myself am applying as one. It is a holistic application so they would weigh up grades and PS. So there are other factors that could have affected their decisions. Rest assured that apart from the obscene increase in the fee, it is still just as competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdmcdm)
    How long after the initial review email did you receive the 8 week, if you don't mind me asking? Best of luck!
    It took them less than 3 weeks to send it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwwg)
    Which course are you applying? Only courses that require A* in Mathematics require ums.
    Ahh thank you I'm applying for management which needs A in maths xx

ReputationRep:
    Should i be concerned if i havent been asked for UMS yet? (Applying for maths with economics)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrcouchman)
    Should i be concerned if i havent been asked for UMS yet? (Applying for maths with economics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi I finally find someone applying to maths/econ!!
    I gor an email telling me to fill out a questionnaire indicating my maths ums scores and all other subjects and blah blah.
    Btw have you got your initial assessment to furtheer consideration email? If you got one i wouldnt worrry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    Hi I finally find someone applying to maths/econ!!
    I gor an email telling me to fill out a questionnaire indicating my maths ums scores and all other subjects and blah blah.
    Btw have you got your initial assessment to furtheer consideration email? If you got one i wouldnt worrry.
    Yeah, I have the one saying it has been passed to the admissions selector for further consideration if that is the one you mean? When did you send your application and when did you get the email about your UMS? Ive had nothing about UMS yet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applying for History?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have the one saying it has been passed to the admissions selector for further consideration if that is the one you mean? When did you send your application and when did you get the email about your UMS? Ive had nothing about UMS yet
    I applied on the 30th of September and got three emails that my application was received and that i had to fill out a few things.

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply?
    Have you done A-Levels? It is very unlikely that they forget to ask you about the UMS form, so no need to be worried for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    When did you apply?
    Have you done A-Levels? It is very unlikely that they forget to ask you about the UMS form, so no need to be worried for now.
    10th october and yeah sat my AS exams, is it something they ask all maths applicants to do?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.