Hartlepool result:
    Remain: 30.4% (14,029)
    Leave: 69.6% (32,071)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we don't stay we are all going to die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Yes let's close our R+D tomorrow and see what happens. Honestly the ****ing stupidity and lack of foresight is so frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an engineer, but I work on things that actually matter and not make work jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland the type of guy to take your money then stab you in the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Why is Basildon so late?
    Basildon 68% for leave. Happy?

(Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Predicted 69% leave at Hartlepool, better than expected.
    That's a wonderful update. Do you think if Vote Leave were to win later, would Dave resign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Basildon 68% for leave. Happy?
    Oh, thank you

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE:
    Leave - 52.53%
    Remain - 47.47%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamux)
    If we don't stay we are all going to die
    bit dramatic but still i get you come on remain pulll upppppp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _BigDawg_Bruh)
    I'm an engineer, but I work on things that actually matter and not make work jobs.
    Yes chemistry is a Mickey Mouse subject with nothing to offer, get a grip.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    That's a wonderful update. Do you think if Vote Leave were to win later, would Dave resign?
    Hopefully, give us Boris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Yes chemistry is a Mickey Mouse subject with nothing to offer, get a grip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Girls science.

ReputationRep:
    Basildon eazzzzzzzzzzy

ReputationRep:
    Stockton-on-Tees result:
    Remain: 38.3% (38,433)
    Leave: 61.7% (61,982)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    BBC is slow to report the results. The so called 'live feed' is actually a delayed telecast. I'm on C-Span Tv.
    Gah! You're right.

The Basildon result was already on the Britain Elects spreadsheet before we went "Live".
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

ReputationRep:
    Leave is smashing it tonight. Latest national totals 53% Leave to 47% Remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proximo)

Key times: 01:00 a few regions start to release their results
    04:00 results start pouring in from regions
    07:00 results officially announced in Manchester Town Hall

Predictions: if anyone wants to, just post your prediction of the results and I'll post them here:
    jneill 55/45 - Remain
    Proximo 59/41 - Remain
    Aj12 53/47 - Remain
    BasicMistake 54/56 - Remain
    MrDystopia 53/47 - Remain
    looseseal 54.5/45.5 - Remain
    NickLCFC 52/48 - Remain
    Impressive 65/35 - Remain
    JamesN88 54/46 - Remain
    Audrey18 65/35 - Leave
    welshiee 52/48 - Leave
    You could use one EU referendum tracker here:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-live-results-and-analysis

At 01:45, it says 6 local authorities leave, 4 local authorities remain.

ReputationRep:
    WHere are you guys watching a live coverage of this???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Ridiculous. The UK has a vast educated white collar population that has its claws in multiple industries. Services could be sold without issue.

Yes, it is, but it is not the apocalyptic issue that many on the remain side believe it is. There are also positives to the value of a currency dropping. Just ask many countries across the EU that have purposely chosen to devalue their currency. Do you see them worrying about economic growth now? Of course not. Some are actually outperforming the UK in terms of economic growth so it just goes to show that the scaremongers are full of rubbish.
    :lol: Yeah, fat load of help it is doing us now.

Here's some news for you. The UK economy has been contracting since 1989 even then the growth was a small blip which lasted a couple of months. I'll leave you some homework to do: Go back through UK government figures. Take GDP - (government borrowing + private borrowing) EVERY single year since 1989 has been negative. The gap has been filled with government and consumer debt. This doesn't even cover blatant GDP tricks such as under estimating inflation and imputed rent. Imputed rent? That's rent you'd have to pay even if you aren't renting.
    Do the above homework, if you're under the age of 27 you will realise you've ALWAYS lived in a recession. If you're older than this you can see strange things.

Ah I found my notes:
    Lets take 1998GDP growth +£48.8bnPublic debt -£39.3bnPrivate debt -£39bnActual = -29.5bn
    Lets take 2003GDP growth +£62.4bnPublic debt -£33.1bnPrivate debt -123bnActual = -93.7bn
    No you must be wrong!Fine lets take 2005GDP growth +£49.7bnPublic debt -£36.5bnPrivate debt-£103bnActual = -£89.8bn

We borrow **** tons of money just to pay overheads rather than transformational infrastructure or value adding processes. I don't think you quite comprehend just how broke the British coffers are.

-----

Remain / leave neither sides are a panacea.

The EU is broke it is printing money. It has demographic problems and all the perks it appears to give cannot last forever as it is essentially broke. It will implode sooner or later when the IOUs are no longer good.

The UK is also broke, it has demographic problems and all the perks it appears to give cannot last forever as it is essentially broke.It will implode sooner or later when the IOUs are no longer good.

So what is the difference you might ask?The difference is the reset is inevitable.Why?The underlying economies of the UK and the EU cannot support the perks that are being paid out.

For instance the UK pays 148bn in pensions this consumes pretty much 100% of the income tax take. Southern EU states have enormous youth unemployment problems.

A departure WILL cause a crisis, a remain will cause a crisis but at a later date. Remember the crisis is inevitable the economies overheads are bigger than the output.Therefore the choice is to have a crisis sooner or have it later.
    The sooner you have a crisis and make real structural changes the sooner you can rebuild.

If you have it later then there are horrible sacrifices.Take for instance Japan. Japan has sacrificed two and a half generations in order to delay their crisis. The debt crisis is now hitting them badly but now they've had two and a half lost generations.

So the EU may rumble on till 2020-2030 or even later. This sacrifices the young. Think of the Spanish youth who never establish their careers and therefore get no golden periods (30-50 prime earning period).Yet still blows up eventually but now you've got 20 years of mal investment to fix and those sons and daughters? they didn't sprog because of no jobs and it becomes existential as your birth rate is crushed.

ReputationRep:
    Basildon and methry Tydfil vote to leave XD XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.