Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    I'm a contractor. I could not find a job in the UK - no where at all. Luckily, I was given work in Finland for a year. The EU saved my economic life... And thousands and perhaps millions like me.

We, those that have been saved by the EU, will fight to the end. We know when the chips are really down it was the EU that saved our bacon.

Yeah, I guess from the view point of an old folks home you might see the world differently. I am not knocking that view, they can fight their corner and I will fight mine.

I can see and accept that old folks tend to see things differently and I accept that they are 100% entitled to their view and I am also 100% entitled to fight on in every democratic way possible to save the right of all generations to either retire to Spain, find work in Finland or become a Doctor via English speaking universities in Poland.

Why should the old have to retire to rainy Worthing? Currently the whole of Europe is open to them. I will fight for their rights even if they currently do not want to fight for those rights themselves.
    Fight for free movement of labour in our negotiations, do not over turn the democratic results of leaving the European Union instead use your democratic rights to influence our future relations with the EU. We can be out of the EU while having labour mobility. I am a partially regretful leave supporter, immigration for means of labour was never something I had an issue with and I think the claim that foreign people are taking our jobs is PATHETIC, if we are to compete internationally we cannot have under skilled and over paid British workers simply because we don't have access to people who NEED to work for money even if it is a lower than what British people woud get, without these foreign workers we would simply be bankrupt. Our small 1% of growth for the past few years would be a negative number if we didn't have competitive labour.

I'm all for you in the argument of labour movement and being able to retire in another country with ease but staying in the EU is not the only way to have these benefits. To be honest Cameron's deal with the EU was pretty good in terms of immigration but I want a deal that says "no work/economic activity, no movement", economically active in this case includes pensioners or just people who have enough money to make a living

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Kippers handing out hate signs against Poles in Eastern towns?
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3281021.html

Found outside a primary school in Cambridgeshire.

Racism on the march in the reactionary atmosphere created by Farage and his fellow travellers in the far right.

As predicted, the Leave vote is being taken as a green light by racists to spread hate.
    You have absolutely no evidence that anybody remotely connected to UKIP has done this. I'm no lover of UKIP but what you've said is slanderous and you ought to retract it immediately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Cornwall:

So they throw them a bone after destroying their fishing industry? Great :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You have absolutely no evidence that anybody remotely connected to UKIP has done this. I'm no lover of UKIP but what you've said is slanderous and you ought to retract it immediately.
    She's already accused UKIP of murder because some lunatic who happened also not to be the EU's greatest fan took it upon himself to shoot someone. We were already at the bottom of the barrel.

ReputationRep:
    In fact, Cameron attempted to short-circuit democracy with this referendum
    Given that he promised a referendum in his manifesto, delivered it, and now has said he will deliver the result, I would say that he isn't the one attempting to short-circuit democracy. That would be the people seeking to set aside that entire process.

Your posts bear no relation to reality whatsoever. You live in your own fantasy world, and you do neither your cause nor anyone else any favours by putting forward such shrill, delusional whines as you've been spewing out constantly since the result came in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Well when the results are over turned and we have loads of violence and terrorism from the leave side we'll have a bigger problem. I don't see why people are so sad, the EU is on the verge of collapse
    I worked a year in Finland when no one in the UK would employ me. The EU saved my economic bacon when the chips where down.
    I owe them one.

I will fight democratically until my dying breath to back the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Fight for free movement of labour in our negotiations, do not over turn the democratic results of leaving the European Union instead use your democratic rights to influence our future relations with the EU. We can be out of the EU while having labour mobility. I am a partially regretful leave supporter, immigration for means of labour was never something I had an issue with and I think the claim that foreign people are taking our jobs is PATHETIC, if we are to compete internationally we cannot have under skilled and over paid British workers simply because we don't have access to people who NEED to work for money even if it is a lower than what British people woud get, without these foreign workers we would simply be bankrupt. Our small 1% of growth for the past few years would be a negative number if we didn't have competitive labour.

I'm all for you in the argument of labour movement and being able to retire in another country with ease but staying in the EU is not the only way to have these benefits. To be honest Cameron's deal with the EU was pretty good in terms of immigration but I want a deal that says "no work/economic activity, no movement", economically active in this case includes pensioners or just people who have enough money to make a living
    you're talking out of your arse.
    It would be like Texas saying to the USA, actually p****s-off but we still want everything that all the other states get....

You have no idea at all.

ReputationRep:
    It would be great to get 4 Million by tomorrow - perhaps 5 million by Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting when middle class students don't get their way and you realise how they only like democracy when it suits them.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    It would be great to get 4 Million by tomorrow - perhaps 5 million by Tuesday.
    3.5 million now

And that's after they deleted 77,000 suspicious signatures (which is good).
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    What people are failing to understand about this petition is it was asking for rules to be set on the referendum, it wasn't asking to do another referendum as a result of the result of the referendum. It is asking for retrospective legislation meaning that it doesn't matter how many people sign this petition, it just won't happen. It is asking for rules to be implemented for a referendum that has already happened. We can't all of a sudden implement that law then re-do the referendum because it now doesn't meet the requirements.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It would be a lie to say that Remainers who signed this petition aren't opportunists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftw93)
    It's interesting when middle class students don't get their way and you realise how they only like democracy when it suits them.
    There must be way more middle class students than I realised, given that the petition is now 3.5m+.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Given that he promised a referendum in his manifesto, delivered it, and now has said he will deliver the result, I would say that he isn't the one attempting to short-circuit democracy. That would be the people seeking to set aside that entire process.

Your posts bear no relation to reality whatsoever. You live in your own fantasy world, and you do neither your cause nor anyone else any favours by putting forward such shrill, delusional whines as you've been spewing out constantly since the result came in.

ReputationRep:
    There must be way more middle class students than I realised, given that the petition is now 3.5m+.
    90% of them are from outside the UK lmfao

you're desperate, I get it, you spent months shilling for remain and you lost, sometimes it's better just admit defeat and keep some dignity

ReputationRep:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ftw93)
    90% of them are from outside the UK lmfao
    No. They really aren't.

"signature_count":3534862

{"name":"United Kingdom","code":"GB","signature_ count":3398217}

3,398,217 / 3,534,862 = 96.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Welcome to politics. Politicians lie all the time.
    Sadly, I know that. But the leave campaign was, at least in my eyes, so much more deceitful than any other British political campaign that I'd ever seen (might not be saying much since I'm only 16).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftw93)
    This sums it all up.
    Perfect post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Sadly, I know that. But the leave campaign was, at least in my eyes, so much more deceitful than any other British political campaign that I'd ever seen (might not be saying much since I'm only 16).
    And claiming that western civilisation would be destroyed because of ww3 if leave won is not deceitful? Look at the remains campaign to see deceit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftw93)
    Before the 23rd:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it" - Nigel Farage

Now that Brexit has won Farage doesn't think another referendum is necessary. Ironic, your post is.

People have every right to call for another referendum. Definitely seeing that alot of Brexiters realised they have made a big mistake.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.