The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't forget to pray for Syria and surrounding struggling countries. ๐Ÿ˜ž

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    May Allah azwj cause an end to the war there, and bring what is most just. I am inshAllah campaigning to try and bring about an end to the war there, and a move to enabling syrians to hold their own elections, where each and every syrian has a vote, under strict UN observation.

A lot of people, alhamdullilah, are now looking to rebuild Syria. A few months ago, i spoke to some syrian brothers, who are medical doctors, and are trying to ensure the syrians who are still living in syria continue to learn and educate themselves, so that the brain-drain and lack of skilled workers does not hamper the rebuilding of Syria.

Their website is: http://syriascholar.com

It's free of charge, and they are volunteering.

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful and enlightening video by Sister Amina Inloes on the challenges reverts go through - and how the community should work together with reverts to help them better integrate.

ReputationRep:
    The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w)said: โ€˜Every newborn is born upon the nature, meaning the recognition that Allah (azwj) Mighty and Majestic Created him. Likewise are His Words [31:25] And if you ask them who Created the skies and the earth, they will be saying: Allahโ€™

[Al Kafi - Hasan-Mirat al Uqool]

Truly, there is no ultimate source of help save Allah azwj. There is none worthy of worship save Allah azwj. There is no greater sin than taking partners or Lords other than Allah azwj. How can one take the creation to be gods ? The Prophets of God, those chosen by Allah azwj, ate, slept, wept. They are contingent beings. Truly, only Allah azwj is our ultimate source of help, the existence which is not contingent, but the source of all existence and necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    May Allah azwj cause an end to the war there, and bring what is most just. I am inshAllah campaigning to try and bring about an end to the war there, and a move to enabling syrians to hold their own elections, where each and every syrian has a vote, under strict UN observation.

A lot of people, alhamdullilah, are now looking to rebuild Syria. A few months ago, i spoke to some syrian brothers, who are medical doctors, and are trying to ensure the syrians who are still living in syria continue to learn and educate themselves, so that the brain-drain and lack of skilled workers does not hamper the rebuilding of Syria.

Their website is: http://syriascholar.com

It's free of charge, and they are volunteering.
    Ameen.

ReputationRep:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-steel-pellets

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nu'man b. Bashir reported that Muslims are like one body of a person; if the eye is sore, the whole body aches, and if the head aches, the whole body aches.

ุญูŽุฏู‘ูŽุซูŽู†ููŠ ู…ูุญูŽู…ู‘ูŽุฏู ุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุจู’ู†ู ู†ูู…ูŽูŠู’ุฑูุŒ ุญูŽุฏู‘ูŽุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุญูู…ูŽูŠู’ุฏู ุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑู‘ูŽุญู’ู…ูŽู†ูุŒ ุนูŽู†ู ุงู„ุฃูŽุนู’ู…ูŽุดูุŒ ุนูŽู†ู’ ุฎูŽูŠู’ุซูŽู…ูŽุฉูŽุŒ ุนูŽู†ู ุงู„ู†ู‘ูุนู’ู…ูŽุงู†ู ุจู’ู†ู ุจูŽุดููŠุฑูุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฑูŽุณููˆู„ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… โ€ "โ€ ุงู„ู’ู…ูุณู’ู„ูู…ููˆู†ูŽ ูƒูŽุฑูŽุฌูู„ู ูˆูŽุงุญูุฏู ุฅูู†ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽูƒูŽู‰ ุนูŽูŠู’ู†ูู‡ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽูƒูŽู‰ ูƒูู„ู‘ูู‡ู ูˆูŽุฅูู†ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽูƒูŽู‰ ุฑูŽุฃู’ุณูู‡ู ุงุดู’ุชูŽูƒูŽู‰ ูƒูู„ู‘ูู‡ู โ€"โ€ โ€.โ€

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2586 d
    In-book reference : Book 45, Hadith 87
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 32, Hadith 626

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    BarakAllahu Feek.

I am glad to hear that SubhanAllah. Insha'Allah you will achieve your goals, strengthen your imaan, increase your taqwa.

For all of us:
    I feel like I've heard this term but don't know what it means :lol:Jzk khair once again. I guess the easiest way to start would be by watching videos.

(Original post by Leukocyte)
    I'm late to this but I hope you don't mind me quoting you again

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun

I know how you are feeling sis, I lost my grandma in December. It is really heart breaking to see a loved one go. I can totally understand you, there are no words to describe how I felt watching my dad cry. I can remember every moment of that day, subhanAllah it makes me upset. Everything which happens is decreed by Allah, we are all faced with tests and the best we can do is continue being close to Him.

May Allah grant your grandfather the highest rank in Jannah and give your family sabr. Ameen.

Always keep your grandfather in your prayers. Your father might hide his emotions after a few weeks but as a daughter you will realise that, always be there for him, it's the hardest things to do but trust me your parents need you in such a difficult time.Look after yourself as well x

ZuluK
    Thank you for your words. And why would I mind? I'm grateful you took the time to reply.

Ameen.

I think seeing my dad like that was the biggest shock which was what shook me. But inshallah together as a family, we'll work our way through it and Allah swt will give us all sabr. From what I have heard, from my sister, my dad is not in a good place at the moment so inshallah next week we shall all be going to Pakistan so that we can be there for him and our family.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun. I am really sorry to hear about your grandma. May Allah grant her a place in Jannah and forgive all of her sins. Ameen.

How are you doing? And how is your dad now? Losing a loved one is always the hardest test I believe.

I've posted this before in the last thread! But all of their nasheeds, especially the above and "how can you deny?" Means so much and helps so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_n)
    I feel like I've heard this term but don't know what it means :lol:Jzk khair once again. I guess the easiest way to start would be by watching videos.
    Oh bless it just means: May the blessings of Allah be Upon you. It was in response to your thanks/Jzk.

Reminders are always good SubhanAllah. keep reminding yourself insha'Allah even if it the smallest deeds, and even if you have come across it countless of times.

ReputationRep:
    a little cringey and cheesy, but good on the sister. there's no way i could have done that

also, i think she forgot that her arms are still 'awrah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Oh bless it just means: May the blessings of Allah be Upon you. It was in response to your thanks/Jzk.

Reminders are always good SubhanAllah. keep reminding yourself insha'Allah even if it the smallest deeds, and even if you have come across it countless of times.
    Oooh I like that phrase! I just recently came across this nasheed and loved the message it gave.. Very different from the usual type of nasheeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    And now the people of Munich.

Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Copyright infringement, brah. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    And now the people of Munich.

Ameen.
    It is madness.
    Apparently he was/is a white guy shooting the shoppers with ''great accuracy''

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I had a weird dream today which I wanna share.

So this young girl comes up to me and asks me to teach her how to recite the Quran. I get a Quran out and open it, ready to begin. As I start reciting I realise something is wrong. The words are jumbled up, not in their correct places and there are words missing! I'm left confused so I pick up another Quran from the shelf. When I open it, again I see blanks! I keep taking another Quran and then another, but the same thing happens with all of them.
    The last thing I remember is that I'm panicking but I hide this from the girl and try and recite to her what's left of it.

There is probably no real meaning behind this dream, but as I was reading surah Kahf today I was thinking how I should really try and memorise the Quran, just in case something was to happen.

Just felt like putting this out there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise going to hajj is so expensive! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Strong awareness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    It's becoming a business and a money making scheme for some of the tour/travel agencies. People want to go to all the shopping centres and stay in the most luxurious of hotels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.