Turn on thread page Beta

The Torchwood Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont know whos writing any of the scripts for the new series, but they are filming the new series in August apparently. I have heard that there are going to be a few changes, dont know what they are though.Not sure when they will be aired on tv, perhaps next year?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably next year.

ReputationRep:
    I bring bad news about the next series of Torchwood. Tell me if you want it or not. It was posted on the Showmasters forum this week.

ReputationRep:
    If it's been canceled, you might as well tell us.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They said on the forum that there's only gonna be a 5 part thing going on for a week as the BBC can't be bothered to finance it anymore. They're still into their cheap reality shows that have just as many viewers.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :eek: looks like they're gonna cancel it altogether then :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I may consider writing to the BBC cos I'm annoyed at them.

ReputationRep:
    I already knew about whats in the above spoilers......shame I dont know how to put any of this post in spoilers too

ReputationRep:
    annie this is how you do them [spoiler]text here [/spoiler]

comes out as:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    text here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    annie this is how you do them [spoiler]text here [/spoiler]

comes out as:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    text here
    Thanks Kitty.....will try it out later

ReputationRep:
    where else can i see John Barrowman in an awesome coat????????????? :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    where else can i see John Barrowman in an awesome coat????????????? :bawling:
    Err youtube and Torchwood DVDs......I dont have any dvds yet, so youtube is my friend, lol.

ReputationRep:
    seen them, i want new stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh my, I didn't know this was the case. That's sad. But, also, not very surprising. They killed off two quite big characters.

I know Owen and Tosh weren't really that major in a way, but they were a big part of the team and it won't be the same without them. There won't be the same group dynamics or anything like that.

I will be sad to see it go. I love both Dr Who and Torchwood... but Torchwood is sexier and more adult. It's storylines are not as silly as Who's can be. Then again, the second series of Torchwood was a little more childish than the first in terms of the aliens in it etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh my, I didn't know this was the case. That's sad. But, also, not very surprising. They killed off two quite big characters.

I know Owen and Tosh weren't really that major in a way, but they were a big part of the team and it won't be the same without them. There won't be the same group dynamics or anything like that.

I will be sad to see it go. I love both Dr Who and Torchwood... but Torchwood is sexier and more adult. It's storylines are not as silly as Who's can be. Then again, the second series of Torchwood was a little more childish than the first in terms of the aliens in it etc.

Spoiler:
    Show
    it has a few silly episodes...like having sex with aliens..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it has a few silly episodes...like having sex with aliens..
    Yes, that's true.

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't know either until I was on Showmasters in the Hub forum and saw about it. I agree- I prefer Torchwood cos its more adult. Whilst Dr Who is great I don't always get the buzz from an episode like I do with Torchwood.

I also read on the forum that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mickey and Martha may be the new members of the team, but that's just a rumour going around.
    I might have read it on here actually. Sorry if I'm repeating whats already known!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mickey and Martha may be the new members of the team, but that's just a rumour going around.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh god, i hope not :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh god, i hope not :s:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think it'd work. Whilst I like thme both I don't think they're suited to Torchwood.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    me too, they are seriously crap actors

Yay I got the hang of this spoiler thingy

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.