University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    the benefit of King's is that we dont have to bother with this gown stuff until we're there
    That's what they think.
    They don't know what they're missing....

And you'll have to hire a gown for graduation, which is not the most economical way to wear a gown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12284)
    is freshers week fun at Cambridge or do students just start studying?
    and is it only within your college or do you get to interact with other colleges?
    It's fun, definitely.
    Students for some courses (mainly maths/natsci) start working during the freshers week, but most do not.

Most of freshers week events are organised by your college/college JCR exclusively for their own students, but there're also some events you can take part which is organised by university-wide club/society and other organisations, so there's a chance to meet others from other colleges, too.

ReputationRep:
    How old is this guy? I can't tell if he stopped doing imo after 2013 cus he was too old or he just found it too easy
    Jam, I am in contact with him I will see if he is on Part III courses yet.
    He finished in 2013 then had National service for 2 years till like mid of this academic year so got a specially defferred offer when he applied in 2013/2014 cycle. Didn't even sit step. Tbh who would.
    So he has been doing Uni maths for 3 years. He will for sure be senior wrangler, like no one is ahead, if he finished school thisbyear it would be very different. But 3 years of Uni maths will make a massive difference.
    If not him, maybe gunning.
    Lets see how many alphas he will get in Part II.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How old is this guy? I can't tell if he stopped doing imo after 2013 cus he was too old or he just found it too easy
    Jam, I am in contact with him I will see if he is on Part III courses yet.
    He finished in 2013 then had National service for 2 years till like mid of this academic year so got a specially defferred offer when he applied in 2013/2014 cycle. Didn't even sit step. Tbh who would.
    So he has been doing Uni maths for 3 years. He will for sure be senior wrangler, like no one is ahead, if he finished school thisbyear it would be very different. But 3 years of Uni maths will make a massive difference.
    If not him, maybe gunning.
    Lets see how many alphas he will get in Part II.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    You're clever enough to study at Cambridge, yet you think someone can "sort out" their anorexia within a month.

Hmm. :beard:
    One word: Reverse liposuction.

ReputationRep:
    Two years older than us, I think - he served in the army for two years. (or something like that)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472550821.945271.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  47.4 KB
    Initial plans for cambridge underground.
    We are lucky Krollo revealed this to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got their raven id.
    I got it in an email 20 minutes ago.
    So exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it just me, or I can only see two black screens (?) sandwiching a map on my iPad.....

Is it about this?
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/camb...ail/story.html

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got their raven id.
    I got it in an email 20 minutes ago.
    So exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I completed the form, but can't see my CRSid.

(Original post by Loyota)
    It said something about an account being created overnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyota)
    As above, the account will be created overnight and you'll need to log in tomorrow to get your UIS number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    It said something about an account being created overnight.
    (Original post by Zacken)
    As above, the account will be created overnight and you'll need to log in tomorrow to get your UIS number.
    Ok, thanks guys

(Original post by vincrows)
    marriage blue, Cambridge-version.

Did you feel that before you got married???

Wth I don't want to go through this twice (or more)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Did you feel that before you got married???

Wth I don't want to go through this twice (or more)
    Lol it's such along time ago, I can't remember. I might've.

But I know all lot of students (including my daughter) who felt same as you just before they went to Cambridge.....or more precisely when those formality after the offer was confirmed post-result day started. ................................ and before exams every year since they got in.

But they all survived!! ......and (mostly) happy they've been there. And that's most important thing, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's senior wrangler and second gone already... top 12 it is...... until you crush my hopes and dreams again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingRS)
    Well that's senior wrangler and second gone already... top 12 it is...... until you crush my hopes and dreams again
    Uk imoers.
    Krollo.
    And the rest with 110+ in step.
    Thats top 25 now. LoLOLOl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did that registration thing today, had to use the new cambridge email address to register and wondering if they send my password to the cambridge email or the email i have been using for all other communication. And if it is the cambridge email, how do I log in to that email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingRS)
    Did that registration thing today, had to use the new cambridge email address to register and wondering if they send my password to the cambridge email or the email i have been using for all other communication. And if it is the cambridge email, how do I log in to that email?
    I duno, maybe we get something else soon apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can you live with that many notification icons at the top. I always need to clear the notification bar asap...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.