HMRC 042R Officer Caseworkers (External) October 2016 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Em1979
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sk80gse)
Yes they're Bootle. Hope you get the good news to. I know it's agonising.
Thanks! I've been really patient so far but fed up of waiting now!
Lindere
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamiebb1993)
Has anyone who's been invited to interview yesterday received their candidate interview pack?
Yeah, received mine a few minutes after booking my interview.
Chazjuggler
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done sk80gse! You seem to be the only successful Liverpool applicant so far! Em1979, I'm in the same boat as you, just fed up now!
Em1979
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chazjuggler)
Well done sk80gse! You seem to be the only successful Liverpool applicant so far! Em1979, I'm in the same boat as you, just fed up now!
That makes me feel a bit better then! Good luck & lets hope we hear something today!
300cw
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
On the candidate pack it mentions rescheduling you interview by logging in and changing the interview slot. Does anybody know where the log in refers to as I can find anything on the manpower website where the initial application was.
DGS503
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had my interview in Cardiff today.
Initial question was how did i manage to get to this position?
I was then asked about Effective decision making. I used the example that got me through to the interview stage, however after a few questions he wanted another example. Luckily enough I had one prepared.
Still don't understand it?
Chazjuggler
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well it's a no from Liverpool from me! Well worth the wait! ☹️ Am on a reserve list though!
Em1979
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chazjuggler)
Well it's a no from Liverpool from me! Well worth the wait! ☹️ Am on a reserve list though!
Me too! Not top scoring so on hold 😣
Pmakgreb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got my email. I'm on hold for Belfast. this was the body of the email..... Quite surprised as my 2nd compentency was completely not relevant to what the behaviours were.

Thank you for your recent application for the role of Higher Officer Caseworker at HMRC.

Our independent panel has now assessed the competency statement/s provided in your application. You have met the minimum score in the competency statements; however we are sorry to advise that you are not in the top scoring applications for your preferred location. We are therefore not able to progress your application at this time, and we have placed your application on hold.

You may be invited to progress your application at a later date. However this is dependent on the number of posts that may become available in your preferred location in the future. Alternatively, if further posts do not become available within three months, we may not be able to progress your application and your application may be withdrawn.

We have received an exceptionally high volume and quality of applications in comparison to the number of posts we have available and therefore unfortunately we are not able to progress all applicants at this stage.

Thank you for taking thetime to complete an application, we will contact you within the next three months if we are able to progress your application.
If you would prefer to withdraw your application please email us [email protected]

We are sorry that we cannot provide you with a more definitive outcome at this time.
Kind regards

HMRC Surge Resourcing Team
Jippy301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pmakgreb)
Got my email. I'm on hold for Belfast. this was the body of the email..... Quite surprised as my 2nd compentency was completely not relevant to what the behaviours were.

Thank you for your recent application for the role of Higher Officer Caseworker at HMRC.

Our independent panel has now assessed the competency statement/s provided in your application. You have met the minimum score in the competency statements; however we are sorry to advise that you are not in the top scoring applications for your preferred location. We are therefore not able to progress your application at this time, and we have placed your application on hold.

You may be invited to progress your application at a later date. However this is dependent on the number of posts that may become available in your preferred location in the future. Alternatively, if further posts do not become available within three months, we may not be able to progress your application and your application may be withdrawn.

We have received an exceptionally high volume and quality of applications in comparison to the number of posts we have available and therefore unfortunately we are not able to progress all applicants at this stage.

Thank you for taking thetime to complete an application, we will contact you within the next three months if we are able to progress your application.
If you would prefer to withdraw your application please email us [email protected]

We are sorry that we cannot provide you with a more definitive outcome at this time.
Kind regards

HMRC Surge Resourcing Team
Exact same boat! Just happy to finally get an outcome...would love to know my score to see how much work I need to do though lol
Jlo212
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same here on reserve list for belfast 😞
Pmakgreb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jippy301)
Exact same boat! Just happy to finally get an outcome...would love to know my score to see how much work I need to do though lol
wont get that unfortunately. I know exactly where i failed. My first compentency was good, the 2nd one I rushed and used the wrong example so will rectify next time. I guess the delay was they were going through our compentencies and making decisions on a number of applicaitons which were boarderline.

Anyone know these reserve lists are ever utilised?
BiteMeSuarez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also on hold for Belfast. Anyone have any idea what the chances are of it actually leading to anything??
ryan.m
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Reserve list for Glasgow. The wait continues ...
Ash810
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
On reserve for belfast too
PNsox2016
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ash810)
On reserve for belfast too
Im reserve list for Belfast too, ah well
hco786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
some more feedback from cardiff please anyone else been on the interview as yet
hco786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DGS503)
I had my interview in Cardiff today.
Initial question was how did i manage to get to this position?
I was then asked about Effective decision making. I used the example that got me through to the interview stage, however after a few questions he wanted another example. Luckily enough I had one prepared.
Still don't understand it?
could you give some more i nfo on the interview please
DGS503
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hco786)
could you give some more i nfo on the interview please
There's 2 on the interview panel, a recruiter from Manpower and a Rep from HMRC. They will both ask questions on 3 competencies (Making effective decisions, Delivering at pace and Managing a quality service. Use STAR to give your answer.

They will ask you questions how people felt when you made a decision. Was it unpopular? They will ask you questions to get more information on each of the competencies.

Read up on the paperwork they sent out on the email. Practice giving your examples and tick off each one on the paperwork.
Like I said earlier I used the same answer on my application but he wanted another example off me in the interview.
I just hope it doesn't go against me?
hco786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emgg)
Had an interview in Cardiff this week. Just sharing my thoughts.
The 'Guidance on how to best prepare for your interview' document sent to everyone really does have the best advice. The interview was exactly as it said it would be.
It recommends preparing several examples for each competency. Follow the STAR approach and it will all be fine.
The questions were quite long winded, setting up a scenario and asking you to give an example of how you have dealt with each situation. It is all a bit of a blur now, but essentially they are getting you to focus on particular aspects of your competency examples. You are not able to simply recite a scripted response.
It felt more like a conversation about something you have done, rather than answering questions. They made a point of saying they were on my side and would encourage me to offer more details to give me the best chance of scoring highly. As I was recounting an incident they would ask about the people I was managing for example, or how I felt as something was happening. This was a new interview style for me. The people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested. Dare I say I quite enjoyed it!
THANKS FOR THE INFO ALL the best for the result

did they ask you more than 1 example for each competency
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (952)
80%
Leave (238)
20%

Watched Threads