• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    Captain Jack is in the next episode and we have to wait 2 weeks to see it :mad:
    anyone know how many episode are left of the series?

ReputationRep:
    13 episodes per series and the todays ep was number 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    13 episodes per series and the todays ep was number 6
    i thought Captain Jack was only gonna be in the last 4 episodes, but there's 7 episodes left....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Captain Jack is in the next episode and we have to wait 2 weeks to see it
    No he isn't, Captain Jack isn't coming back until episode 11 'Utopia'.

ReputationRep:
    Damn Eurovision, i think it's about time they relegate that show to BBC2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    Nah man, send it to channel 5... :p:

Haha.

I do love it; only for Terry though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    No he isn't, Captain Jack isn't coming back until episode 11 'Utopia'.
    then why was he shown in the trailer after tonights dr who episode:confused:

ReputationRep:
    then why was he shown in the trailer after tonights dr who episode
    Because they were cancelling Doctor Who until after Eurovision, as a treat the trailer wasn't for the next episode, it was for all the episodes left. The trailer was for the rest of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    This weeks episode was good, save for one reason (included in the spoiler). I was expecting the ep to be a let down after the dalek epi's but it was actually better than last weeks episode imo.

Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY OH WHY HAS RUSSELL USED UP SO MANY REGENERATIONS OF THE MASTER?!! 3 actors in only 2 episodes is appauling, and why on earth does the master keep dying? History shows that time lords only regenerate when they absolutely have to due to the disorientation caused by them.
    Hang on, i'm lost here...

Spoiler:
    Show
    There is only one master this season, who is played by John Simm, and we'll see towards the end (isn't it?). The guy tonight wasn't the master/saxon, i'm guessing he was just a messenger from him ior something. When was the master mentioned before this season?

Tonights was pretty dire, why would that guys DNA cause him to become big bug/skeletal man? Wouldn't he just grow an extra arm or something, instead of becoming bigger than what would fit inside the skin? I didn't understand that bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hev456)
    Hang on, i'm lost here...

Spoiler:
    Show
    There is only one master this season, who is played by John Simm, and we'll see towards the end (isn't it?). The guy tonight wasn't the master/saxon, i'm guessing he was just a messenger from him ior something. When was the master mentioned before this season?
    Tbh i'm probably jumping to conclusions about it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Derek Jacobi is also the master, then then regenerates into John Simm, i'm assuming that the blokey in todays ep was also the master but i dunno really, still tis a waste of regenerations :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

they are all the master.

jk. Well not quite.

i'm getting slightly tired of the whole "Is it the Master or not?" and all the predictions, even if I'm fairly confident John Simm is playing a time lord on some level, whether or not it is the Master, I'm not sure. I never particularly like the 1st half of the series, but this one has been a bit dragging, since the hardcore fandom decided immediately that the return of the time lords/Master was the main arc. The most plausible theory is that Saxon is a regeneration of Jacobi, and that they are in some capacity the Master.

But I cannot wait for 11-13. Better be good. Saxon looked creepy and fantastic in the trailer.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Why do you dislike the idea of the Master, megx? Just asking because I thought it sounded like a really good idea to bring him back. And I really don't think the series has dragged because of it, Doctor Who was throwing around 'Bad Wolf' and 'Torchwood' hints in the previous two series but it didn't make it drag because we were all waiting to see what these hints would lead to. And both of these were main arcs, as the entire series was just a big build up to revealing what they meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    Because they were cancelling Doctor Who until after Eurovision, as a treat the trailer wasn't for the next episode, it was for all the episodes left. The trailer was for the rest of the season.
    oh

ReputationRep:
    A trailer - REALLY???
    I was going to say - would've been a jam-packed episode!

Can't believe Eurovision Song Contest takes precedence! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mr Saxon = Mister Saxon = an anagram of "Master no six"

Though I thought maybe The Master had used up more regenerations than this already...?

Yay for Wiki :P

This may have come up before, but Freema Agyeman is hot. Probably the only reason I started watching it this series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hev456)
    Tonights was pretty dire
    I agree. I felt as though I wasted 45 minutes of my life :p: However, I haven't been too pleased with this series as a whole. Let's just hope it picks up soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feste)
    Can't believe Eurovision Song Contest takes precedence! :mad:
    yeah but the eurosion has lordi opening the show and apocalyptica playing in the voting interval...plus the are a lot of rock acts...austria, iceland and finland....so apart from the awful british entry its actually going to be a show worth watching...

anys back on topic...

this series hasnt flowed that well mainly because the Martha chracter is crap...i havent yet deicded if thats to do with poor writing or poor acting...but i would rather a few episodes with the Dr. on his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)

this series hasnt flowed that well mainly because the Martha chracter is crap...i havent yet deicded if thats to do with poor writing or poor acting...but i would rather a few episodes with the Dr. on his own.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    its both: bad acting and bad script.

She's no worse than Rose, albeit having watched only a few episode with Billie Piper, I can safely say she was no better.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.