Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rag-doll)
    Congrats! By the way, did you get it today even though it's a Sunday?
    Nope, on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford haven't acknowledged my application yet :confused: Bit worried....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollywollydoodle)
    Oxford haven't acknowledged my application yet :confused: Bit worried....
    don't worry, if you're applying for a subject without a pre-interview test then they might not acknowledge it at all. my acknowledgement was basically 'hello, thanks for your application, please remember to register for the ELAT'. no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    don't worry, if you're applying for a subject without a pre-interview test then they might not acknowledge it at all. my acknowledgement was basically 'hello, thanks for your application, please remember to register for the ELAT'. no big deal.
    Really? Phew! Now I can go back to reading linguistics books in peace

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - I've caught the Track-bug, and I was wondering a couple of things.
    Do Queen's (Belfast) send out acknowledgements? It's just I've got ones from all my other choices (Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Edinburgh) and am starting to get paranoid. Also, have any of the unis I've listed given any offers? I've read back through the thread a bit and haven't seen any, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh, and one other thing which I've been thinking about: my top two choices are Cambridge and Durham. Let's say that (fingers crossed) I get offers from Cambridge, Durham and Queens, and I have to choose my firm and my insurance. I would pick Cambridge as my firm, as it's my favourite, but what about my insurance? Do I pick the one that's easier to get into or do I pick the one I really loved? There's about an 80% chance I'll get the grades needed for Durham, so in that situation, which should I go for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried because I haven't gotten an acknowledgment from Edinburgh, and it seems like most people have.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a subject with a pre-interview test and I haven't heard anything from them at all.
    -sigh-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kammy-)
    I'm applying for a subject with a pre-interview test and I haven't heard anything from them at all.
    -sigh-
    you don't have to register independently for the HAT, though, it's done automatically. i had to register for the ELAT separately.

ReputationRep:
    you don't have to register independently for the HAT, though, it's done automatically. i had to register for the ELAT separately.
    Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Just a quick, even automated 'we've received your application, thanks for applying' from them [or any of the others that have yet to acknowledge me] would be nice though, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    I'm really worried because I haven't gotten an acknowledgment from Edinburgh, and it seems like most people have.
    I haven't got any acknowledgment from Edinburgh and my app went of at start of Oct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    I haven't got any acknowledgment from Edinburgh and my app went of at start of Oct.
    It's a bit nerve-wracking, really! Mine was send 23 September, and I've gotten acknowledgments from other universities, so they must have gotten my application. I hope it doesn't mean they are rejecting me straight off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boq Dillamond)
    Hi everyone - I've caught the Track-bug, and I was wondering a couple of things.
    Do Queen's (Belfast) send out acknowledgements? It's just I've got ones from all my other choices (Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Edinburgh) and am starting to get paranoid. Also, have any of the unis I've listed given any offers? I've read back through the thread a bit and haven't seen any, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh, and one other thing which I've been thinking about: my top two choices are Cambridge and Durham. Let's say that (fingers crossed) I get offers from Cambridge, Durham and Queens, and I have to choose my firm and my insurance. I would pick Cambridge as my firm, as it's my favourite, but what about my insurance? Do I pick the one that's easier to get into or do I pick the one I really loved? There's about an 80% chance I'll get the grades needed for Durham, so in that situation, which should I go for?

No, none of them (well for what i've heard) have given out any offers yet. Durham and Edinburgh I know are quite slow about it though.
    Don't know whether Queens send outan email so i'm not much help there.

But for your insurance and firm. What are the grades for cambridge and durham? I'm assuming AAA for cambridge is it the same for Durham? Becuase if it is then there isn't any point putting both down as if you get the grades you have to go with the firm. Evenn if you are pretty sure you'll get your grades i would, just to be safe, put down Queens as you know you'll have a Uni that you more or less like instead of one found through clearing... If that makes sense?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess you're right.
    Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from manchester on thrusday to read PPE also applied to oxford, warwick, york and exeter. Just wondering if anyone has got offeres from any of these for PPE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james28291)
    i got an offer from manchester on thrusday to read PPE also applied to oxford, warwick, york and exeter. Just wondering if anyone has got offeres from any of these for PPE.
    When did you send your application to UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge = interviews given out week or two before actual date, then offer in january. Assuming they want you of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Oxbridge = interviews given out week or two before actual date, then offer in january. Assuming they want you of course.
    well i know its different for cambridge, but for Oxford, offers/rejections are usually given out in december, about 1 week after interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james28291)
    ah congrats on the offer!
    Even though Manchesters course for music didn't attract me i should have just applied there to get an offer! lol! they serously seem to be giving out alot of ealry offers for a range of courses!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kammy-)
    -sigh-
    Snap.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Snap.
    The tests are all on Nov 5th aren't they? I thought you had to sign up to them yourself? At least thats what my school claim.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.