Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Menelik Watson will start at left tackle for the Raiders. Talk about Baptism of fire

Also Lawrence Okoye waived by the 49ers. Will clear waivers if no one claims him and spend time on injured reserves.

ReputationRep:
    http://http://www.nflevolution.com/article/nfl-to-consider-rules-to-protect-players'-knees-during-this-season?ref=0ap1000000234736&camp aign=Ext_Email_1st10_20130828&cv osrc=Ext_Email.Epsilon.1st10_201 30828

I'll definitely keep tabs on this as it develops over the season, could go one of two ways.

Would have also linked the cut list but we'll save that for Saturday when people we've heard of other than Rugland, Shiancoe and Cundiff have been cut. America' asking the question 'Will Tebow survive?' I'll with some confidence say yes he will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    http://http://www.nflevolution.com/article/nfl-to-consider-rules-to-protect-players'-knees-during-this-season?ref=0ap1000000234736&camp aign=Ext_Email_1st10_20130828&cv osrc=Ext_Email.Epsilon.1st10_201 30828

I'll definitely keep tabs on this as it develops over the season, could go one of two ways.

Would have also linked the cut list but we'll save that for Saturday when people we've heard of other than Rugland, Shiancoe and Cundiff have been cut. America' asking the question 'Will Tebow survive?' I'll with some confidence say yes he will.
    I dunno I'm hoping they are only keeping Tebow cause they need a QB for the last pre season game after that get rid please.

Would be much better if they implemented a rule to protect the players knees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I dunno I'm hoping they are only keeping Tebow cause they need a QB for the last pre season game after that get rid please.

Would be much better if they implemented a rule to protect the players knees.
    I'd agree the league should protect players knees but there are ways and means, Rodger hasn't always done things quite right as far as I'm concerned and it could go too far. He could do something idiotic like every tackle having to be a wrap up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree the league should protect players knees but there are ways and means, Rodger hasn't always done things quite right as far as I'm concerned and it could go too far. He could do something idiotic like every tackle having to be a wrap up.
    The way the NFL is heading its going to be a completely different sport in a few years. Pushing me further and further away from it as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Sky announced their games Week 1 & 2

Week 1
    Ravens @ Broncos (Fri 1:30)
    Falcons @ Saints (Sat 18:00)
    Packers @ 49ers (Sat 21:25)

Week 2
    Jets @ Patriots (Fri 1:30)
    Vikings @ Bears (Sat 18:00)
    Broncos @ Giants (Sat 21:25)

Obviously there's only 1 game on Friday night so we can't complain that Sky are broadcasting it. Falcons @ Saints is probably not going to be riveting viewing but the only game in that slot I'd rather watch is Vikings @ Lions and with the Vikings being on in Week 2 the decision is understandable.Obviously can't complain about Packers @ 49ers, awesome game in prospect! Week 2 obviously everyone likes to laugh at the Jets so the Friday game is a definite watch. Vikings @ Bears is a classic rivalry even if the teams are probably not going to be amongst the best in the league this season. Then the Broncos again, inexplicably still favourite to win the Superbowl we get to watch the Manning showdown which will hopefully add some spice to a game which I don't really fancy all that much. I wish they had 49ers @ Seahawks but we'll probably get to see the reverse fixture of that divisional rivalry.
    I don't see why you'd rather watch Vikings Lions, it's going to be a terrible game between two terrible teams (minus AP and Megatron).

Falcons Saints should at least provide some kind of shootout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    I don't see why you'd rather watch Vikings Lions, it's going to be a terrible game between two terrible teams (minus AP and Megatron).

The Vikes are far from being a terrible team, imo.

ReputationRep:
    Jonny Football suspended for the first half of the season opener against Rice... :rofl:

I mean seriously if he is innocent why the need for a punishment in the first place? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Glass I-Dowling cut. Frees up a physio treatment table :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Where do you guys buy jerseys from? Hardly anything on eBay UK, and shipping from the US is so expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Where do you guys buy jerseys from? Hardly anything on eBay UK, and shipping from the US is so expensive
    Used to buy them from Fansedge and a couple I bought of NFL UK but there's only so many Brady and Gronkowski Jersey's I want.... Stock on NFL UK is appalling but they have a personalized jersey's of only a few teams.

ReputationRep:
    Used to buy them from Fansedge and a couple I bought of NFL UK but there's only so many Brady and Gronkowski Jersey's I want.... Stock on NFL UK is appalling but they have a personalized jersey's of only a few teams.
    Cheers, I'll take a look on those, and I agree, the selection is pretty tiny.

The other issue is size, man it's so hard to find a medium on eBay, everything is huge, I didn't realise Americans were so massive

Edit: I mean I know they are but the scarcity of regular fit sizes is surprising

ReputationRep:

The other issue is size, man it's so hard to find a medium on eBay, everything is huge, I didn't realise Americans were so massive

Edit: I mean I know they are but the scarcity of regular fit sizes is surprising
    Yeah fansedge got taken over by Football Fanatics so now things are uncertain. I'm going over to the states to see two games so I'm gonna go nuts in the Patriots shop.

Yup finding a size smaller then X large is ridiculously hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)

It may be because the Vikings were my Madden team last year up until the 2020 season, and I do appreciate a good run game. Really I think the Vikings just need a QB and they could be real contenders.

Oh and I was reading some NFL.com comments today and read this: 'Is every time Tebow thinks a Christian ponder?' Thought you might like that one.

ReputationRep:
    Sky should have put the Seahawks Niners game on.

ReputationRep:

I'm a medium normally, but I get small jerseys because they are much bigger!

Have you tried Great American Sports? http://greatamericansports.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    http://http://keepingscore.blogs.tim...on-settlement/

$765M is an incomprehensible sum of money

ReputationRep:
    http://http://keepingscore.blogs.tim...on-settlement/

$765M is an incomprehensible sum of money
    I actually thought it would be more!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Decent college football!

ReputationRep:
    Yo Malevolent, it may be a preseason game but are you ready to get Giant-ified?!? Hahahaha let's go giants!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.