Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Super Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD Mark V watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliss)
    Cone is 1/3 πr2

Btw dude, the height is 2x, not 2

Yep, thanks I kinda had some brainblock and couldn't remember if I was supposed to multiply the x by 2 as well :rolleyes:
    Oh right! So

1/3 pi x^2 h = 2x pi x^2
    Pi/3 x^2 h = 2x^3 pi
    pi x^2 h =6x^3 pi
    h = 6x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Oh right! So

1/3 pi x^2 h = 2x pi x^2
    Pi/3 x^2 h = 2x^3 pi
    pi x^2 h =6x^3 pi
    h = 6x
    *scratches head*
    :confused:
    So the volume of the cylinder is 2x pi x^2? not 2 pi x^2?
    I thought you didn't multiply the pi by the x in the 2x!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliss)
    *scratches head*
    :confused:
    So the volume of the cylinder is 2x pi x^2? not 2 pi x^2?
    I thought you didn't multiply the pi by the x in the 2x!
    Let me type in latex

\frac{1}{3} \times \pi \times h \times x^2 = \pi \times x^2 \times 2x \therefore \frac{\pi \times x^2 \times h}{3} = 2x^3 \times pi \therefore \pi \times x^2 \times h = 6x^2 \times \pi \therefore h = 6x

\therefore means therefore

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Let me type in latex

\frac{1}{3} \times \pi \times h \times x^2 = \pi \times x^2 \times 2x \therefore \frac{\pi \times x^2 \times h}{3} = 2x^3 \times pi \therefore \pi \times x^2 \times h = 6x^2 \times \pi \therefore h = 6x

How do you type in latex :eek:
    \frac{1}{3}

ReputationRep:
    Let me type in latex

ffs unless you're going to use arrows, do it in separate lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    How do you type in latex :eek:
    \frac{1}{3}
    [tex]\frac{n}{m}[ /tex]

Close the gap. n is the numerator and m is the denominator.

\ and then pi,sin,cos,tan,arcsin,arccos, arctan, therefore,equiv,int,times

Gives you some symbols.

{ } used for more intricacies... Limits and powers I guess... And roots

ReputationRep:
    Hey, whose that user that sent everybody a TSR request for people to do the stocks?
    I didn't have time to join but I'd like to and lost the request
    Can somebody tell me the site name? Thanks

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    What length shall I cut the sides of my hair... 2 or 3?

ReputationRep:
    What length shall I cut the sides of my hair... 2 or 3?
    Ignore my post on the other thread! I had no clue what you were talking about, but now I understand! ....I have no clue anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Ignore my post on the other thread! I had no clue what you were talking about, but now I understand! ....I have no clue anyway!
    Haha fair enough... Hmmm

ReputationRep:

Watch this film. Its a scary mirror of society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Hey, whose that user that sent everybody a TSR request for people to do the stocks?
    I didn't have time to join but I'd like to and lost the request
    Can somebody tell me the site name? Thanks

Was it about the investment stock thing......if so its aurorae

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)

Watch this film. Its a scary mirror of society.
    wow, a real eye opener.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Good afternoon
    Afternoon
    wow, a real eye opener.

The reverse of this happens to so many people it's unreal. If people who are homophobes and watch this don't manage to understand anything from it - they are ****ing stupid. It highlighted a major point about religion too and its part in homophobia which I thought was important. The girl in it did a great job!

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon

The reverse of this happens to so many people it's unreal. If people who are homophobes and watch this don't manage to understand anything from it - they are ****ing stupid. It highlighted a major point about religion too and its part in homophobia which I thought was important. The girl in it did a great job!
    She was amazing! Seriously, people need to watch this,
    I don't understand what people gain from judging others. Feelings of being powerful, strong, important? Well you know what, none of that is going to help you in the future so get your act together and do something with your life rather than being a bully.

ReputationRep:
    !
    I don't know how this'll come across...

Don't you feel your whole life is revolving around being homosexual? It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.

Yes, in an ideal world, but some people won't accept that. I think you should live your life, carry on, but not have everything stemming from it and it affecting everything?

I don't know to word it properly

ReputationRep:
    She was amazing! Seriously, people need to watch this,
    I don't understand what people gain from judging others. Feelings of being powerful, strong, important? Well you know what, none of that is going to help you in the future so get your act together and do something with your life rather than being a bully.

It is good. Yeah, the amount of people you see in my town for example my mum and dad said were athletic/smart/popular and are now nobodies is astounding - people who do nothing achieve nothing.

I don't know how this'll come across...

Don't you feel your whole life is revolving around being homosexual? It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.

Yes, in an ideal world, but some people won't accept that. I think you should live your life, carry on, but not have everything stemming from it and it affecting everything?

I don't know to word it properly
    No. But it's affected by it in areas of my life I would prefer it not to, and I have an outspoken view about it.

It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.
    The only things dictated about it are matters which are regarding it - such as stigma of being out, relationships and discrimination. I don't expect pride parades everywhere or ****ing rainbow crossings or people to walk up to me going "you go, jack!" I just want stupid bull**** sorted out, such as the matters of equal marriage which is an infuriating matter as the church acts like it's their own and there are people who are against it for being a sheep/being stupid.
    I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am also entitled to call people out on their opinion.

I haven't gone once "oh damn, this £50 note is pissing me off as it's not got a gay guy on it" or, "why doesn't this UPS box have pro-LGBT branding on it" etc, then I would have everything dictated by it. I don't think I have a duty, but I think it's bloody well ridiculous to call me out on thinking everyone deserves equal rights.

ReputationRep:
    It is good. Yeah, the amount of people you see in my town for example my mum and dad said were athletic/smart/popular and are now nobodies is astounding - people who do nothing achieve nothing.

No. But it's affected by it in areas of my life I would prefer it not to, and I have an outspoken view about it.

The only things dictated about it are matters which are regarding it - such as stigma of being out, relationships and discrimination. I don't expect pride parades everywhere or ****ing rainbow crossings or people to walk up to me going "you go, jack!" I just want stupid bull**** sorted out, such as the matters of equal marriage which is an infuriating matter as the church acts like it's their own and there are people who are against it for being a sheep/being stupid.
    I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am also entitled to call people out on their opinion.

I haven't gone once "oh damn, this £50 note is pissing me off as it's not got a gay guy on it" or, "why doesn't this UPS box have pro-LGBT branding on it" etc, then I would have everything dictated by it. I don't think I have a duty, but I think it's bloody well ridiculous to call me out on thinking everyone deserves equal rights.
    I'm not calling you out on that, more of everything seems to be related to it, not saying anything is bad just asking whether you feel it controls you.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.