The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

I actually went to volunteering! it was so scary but I managed it. Feel really proud of myself :proud:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6781
Feeling seriously broken today :cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth
I actually went to volunteering! it was so scary but I managed it. Feel really proud of myself :proud:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo! Well done :biggrin: How was it, apart from the fear?

Original post by 08batee

:hugs: I'm about to reply to your PM.
Reply 6783
Hi hi, I was just wondering if the GP takes suggestions of self diagnosis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6784
Original post by superwolf

Rmhumphries created a greasemonkey script that gets rid of the auto-anon feature - it should be pretty easy to install, and does the trick for various people on here. It's linked to in his sig I think.

Ah, thank you very much :biggrin: will check it out

Original post by 08batee

They're really bad at the moment actually, struggling more than ever. Thanks for the support though hun! :hugs: I hope so too. :h: I hope things continue to be good for you, but remember I'm always here if you need a chat also :hugs:

Oh hun :frown: :jumphug: I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm always around if you ever need a chat - Skype or PM me and I should reply :smile:. Really hope things get better soon. Thank you lovely :hugs: will bare that in mind :smile:
Reply 6785
Original post by anonymouspie227
Yes!! Sertaline. And yes they're new. Bahh. Not fun lol.

I got really bad side effects of nausea on 50mg Sertraline. They went away after a while, but started back when my dose was increased. Things did die down though :smile:

Original post by 08batee

:jumphug: I'm around on TSR for the next ~8 hours, so please feel free to PM me
Original post by PonchoKid
i feel SO guilty because my "nanna" who isnt even my nanna is spending so much money on me atm, bought me and my mum coffee and cake yesterday, made me lunch todayh, gave me some money, AND taking me out for tea. i love her and everything, but why me and why not her own grand kids :s-smilie:

don't feel guilty sweetie, you are worth it :yep: she clearly loves you very much cause you are an awesome person who deserves to be treated well :smile:

and your boyfriend will spoil you rotten come your birthday in October as well :wink: :lovehug:
Got through the night with only a few tears, but hearing my boyfriends voice cheered me up luckily. Gotta get through today, then im having a day off tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

~
Hey - sorry I didn't reply to your text last night. Had some pain meds which made me ridiculously sleepy so I've just crashed for a good ~14+ hours. Haven't slept properly in days so that was super refreshing. Just about to reply to it and explain everything though. You can definitely get through today! I believe in you :biggrin: :jumphug:
Having no break to eat at all is bloody hell!

Had breakfast at half 7 didn't manage to get home till 4, had no break at uni today and when I did I had no time to bloody go and eat something :angry:
Original post by octoberbaby
Wooo! Well done :biggrin: How was it, apart from the fear?

Thanks. It was really fun (well as fun as cleaning out cat litter trays can be :tongue:) I got to pet a bunch of kitties and even SPOKE to another human being. Amazing. :biggrin:
Reply 6790
Songs that hit home can cause such a vast cocktail of emotions. Wanting to sing at the top of your lungs all care free like!! I would if I was alone :redface: Rockin' the hell out and listening to all these songs just to feel alive and be away in my own little world. My family would notice if I acted all crazyyyy like, but others won't because you/they don't care cause i'm the master of illusion...wooohooo. I don't care, or perhaps I do because I go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it. I guess people are fed up ehh? Well I would be too...I don't blame you all. Any how I'm taking a ride on the wiiiiiiiiiiildsiiiiiiiiiide.
Original post by Trill
Hi hi, I was just wondering if the GP takes suggestions of self diagnosis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it depends on the doctor. Some can be a bit up their own ass and won't listen to your self-diagnosis because they're the one with the medical degree. :tongue: I usually go for the describe your symptoms as well as possible tactic and see what they say, if they're not too useful I'd then mention what you believe the diagnosis might be rather than as a first thing.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :ahee: :woo: :yeah: Am on PRSOM for you :grumble:

Original post by 08batee

Will try and come on Facebook later to chat. Think my dad's about to steal the laptop for ebay-ing :nothing:
Thanks. It was really fun (well as fun as cleaning out cat litter trays can be :tongue:) I got to pet a bunch of kitties and even SPOKE to another human being. Amazing. :biggrin:

Awwwh cats are amazing so this just sounds brill. I wanna go pet kitties. Seriously, congratulations.
Original post by Anonymous
~
Hey - sorry I didn't reply to your text last night. Had some pain meds which made me ridiculously sleepy so I've just crashed for a good ~14+ hours. Haven't slept properly in days so that was super refreshing. Just about to reply to it and explain everything though. You can definitely get through today! I believe in you :biggrin: :jumphug:

Had to work out who i was texting last night then! Bloody annon :tongue:
Glad youv slept now! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
Songs that hit home can cause such a vast cocktail of emotions. Wanting to sing at the top of your lungs all care free like!! I would if I was alone :redface: Rockin' the hell out and listening to all these songs just to feel alive and be away in my own little world. My family would notice if I acted all crazyyyy like, but others won't because you/they don't care cause i'm the master of illusion...wooohooo. I don't care, or perhaps I do because I go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it. I guess people are fed up ehh? Well I would be too...I don't blame you all. Any how I'm taking a ride on the wiiiiiiiiiiildsiiiiiiiiiide.

Are you okay?
:console:
Reply 6796
Had to work out who i was texting last night then! Bloody annon :tongue:
Glad youv slept now! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry :tongue:. Was gonna post and say it was me but then I saw I'd already spammed the thread up enough :redface:, I figured you'd get it at some point hahaha. Thanks hun :hugs: texted you now :yep:
Reply 6797
Original post by IDukem

Not sure what you're trying to say here :s-smilie:. But if you think we don't care, we do. I certainly care about you hun. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately :frown: I think I'm back to stay this time... So, I really hope you're okay :hugs: I'm around if you need to PM someone or something
Original post by bananaterracottapie
you seem pretty friendly on here :smile: nah not really, just wish i could be more friendly and talkative when meeting new people! i seem to have very little of a social life and when i do get the opportunity to go out and meet new people, i just end up sitting in the corner quietly saying nothing, coming across as a right weirdo. i just feel like i never have anything to say, or know how to enter a conversation, and when people ask me questions my mind goes blank and i end up mumbling a nonsensical answer and the person ends up walking swiftly away haha. :frown: sorry for the vent!

Behind a screen I'm the most gregarious person around :tongue: IRL....not so much :colondollar:

I can relate to what you're saying but sadly I have no solution. Currently I'm working things through with a psychologist and am very slowly getting better at interacting socially so that might be worth you considering. Psychologists can offer a lot of really good advice although obviously it then has to be put into practice and that's the difficult bit but still worth a shot I'd say.

The best thing I've found is to do some activity where other people will be there but interaction isn't necessary to do it. For instance I play ice hockey and volunteer at an animal shelter. In both there are other people but you don't need to talk to them to get things done. And when you do talk you have a ready made topic right there "geez this cat's stinky" and "good goal" for instance. That way you don't need to think of questions or topics you can just use the situation.
Day was a tiny little bit better :biggrin:

Latest