Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Like this kind of thing you mean? ...

What has Arsene done? Did I miss something and Cesc to Chelsea has been confirmed by the clubs? Cos that's what it sounds like.
    Yes because I didn't even want him to get a new contract. Especially 3 years, absolute kick in the teeth.

Arsene has ****ed up and strengthened a team we should be challenging by allowing this to happen. What is the point of putting that clause in his contract if he has no intention of using it? We need him, it wouldn't be to stop another team getting Cesc because we need better depth than Diaby, Flamini and Arteta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    It's because it's not even July & Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG are already strengthening.

And we'll do **** all until the last week

And Chelsea can potentially take our ex captain, which is another reason to panic

You're right though, far too early lol

Wenger might do a mad one in July
    He won't, because it's Arsene Wenger, the dream-seller himself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Arsene has ****ed up and strengthened a team we should be challenging by allowing this to happen.

By allowing what to happen? What has he allowed to happen? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Lol, look at this picture, just look at it!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Fair enough August is enough time to get a good score.

To get 800 in more than one would be tough, I'd say that 700 minimum would be needed for post grad, while around 600 minimum is needed for undergrad.

I don't do med, got rejected, mainly down to bad GCSE grades compared to who I had. Quite a bummer that at the age of 16 you've essentially been determined your career at an academic institution. Got AAB so next to impossible to get in now though unless I apply for access. Gonna graduate this year so will just look for an internship/****ty job for the meanwhile or take up a masters...
    And then go back into study for med right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

Lol, look at this picture, just look at it!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cry:
    LOL snakes!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    And then go back into study for med right?
    Maybe, wanna go europe for a year or two though. Feel like doing a Zurich. May go france or something.

Just need a decent revenue stream.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal are 9/1 to sign Fabregas

9/1

We were 4/5 two days ago, 5/1 yday. and now 9/1

**** life

ReputationRep:
    If we let the Chavs get Cesc then we have a right to feel seriously pissed off. We BETTER get some great players in. Chelsea buying world class players early and we are dithering around as usual. It is not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    If we let the Chavs get Cesc then we have a right to feel seriously pissed off. We BETTER get some great players in. Chelsea buying world class players early and we are dithering around as usual. It is not good enough.
    Arsene has no intention of signing quality players, he's got his new contract and a pay rise on top of that. He's cushty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BBC:
    David Ornstein
    BBC Sport
    Football

Posted at 14:06
    "Arsenal have informed Barcelona they will not be exercising a buy-back option on Cesc Fabregas, raising the prospect of the midfielder signing for one of their Premier League rivals.
    "The Gunners inserted the clause when selling their captain to his boyhood side for £35m in 2011, and they were duly given first refusal after Barca decided he could leave for £30m."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    BBC:
    David Ornstein
    BBC Sport
    Football

Posted at 14:06
    "Arsenal have informed Barcelona they will not be exercising a buy-back option on Cesc Fabregas, raising the prospect of the midfielder signing for one of their Premier League rivals.
    "The Gunners inserted the clause when selling their captain to his boyhood side for £35m in 2011, and they were duly given first refusal after Barca decided he could leave for £30m."
    That's that, then. The most reliable journalist wrt Arsenal says we're not interested.

ReputationRep:
    ok now life goes on, gg2chelski on the treble.

ReputationRep:
    So according to Ornstein;

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 2m
    Arsenal may also sign a defensive midfielder if right deal available, but not in market for another attacking midfielder #bbcsportsday #afc

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 10m
    Fabregas now open to market & future likely to be sorted in next few weeks. #Afc priority striker & right-back + will get back-up goalkeeper

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 11m
    Arsenal have informed Barcelona they won't be exercising buy-back option on Fabregas. He was keen but #afc not seeking a creative midfielder

Well at least Arsene has realised that Arteta is useless and is prepared to sign a DM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    That's that, then. The most reliable journalist wrt Arsenal says we're not interested.
    Mmm, like I've said before, it's understandable.

****ing loving the idea of:

Costa/Lukaku
    Hazard - Oscar - Willian/Schurrle
    Matic - Fabregas

though. We might actually score some goals...

ReputationRep:
    Ornstein is pretty much the only journalist I trust. I think it's a good thing in that we need to strengthen else where and can't afford to splash on another luxury, but I'll still be a bit miffed if he goes to another PL club. Best case, he stays where he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Mmm, like I've said before, it's understandable.

****ing loving the idea of:

Costa/Lukaku
    Hazard - Oscar - Willian/Schurrle
    Matic - Fabregas

though. We might actually score some goals...
    if you don't run away with the league/CL final with that team then mourinho has been found out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    if you don't run away with the league/CL final with that team then mourinho has been found out.
    Agreed tbh. The excuse for being so defensive last season was that we had no attacking options, and we found it impossible to score against teams that defended deep. Basically just Hazard trying to make stuff happen, and Oscar not being able to find a striker to pass the ball to.

So defend well, don't concede and try to force the goal was the grim reality.

(Although a lot depends on what you guys and City do. I can see City crushing the league again...)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.