Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Run in prediction (if this goes massively wrong, then hello FF quotes thread):

Burnley - W
    Chelsea - L
    Hull - W
    Swansea - W
    United - L
    Sunderland - W
    West Brom - W

Ending on 78 points.

Chelsea - 90
    Arsenal - 78
    Man City - 76
    Man Utd - 76
    Liverpool - 74

Close table :yy:
    United run in

City - W/D?
    Chelsea - L?
    Everton - W
    West Brom - W
    Crystal Palace - W
    Arsenal - W
    Hull - W

If you have us to beat Arsenal, who are we going to drop points too outside of City and Chelsea. Unless you think Everton or Palace away will drop us points. If we draw with City, lose to Chelsea and win the rest of our games. It'll be down to goal difference between the two of us

ReputationRep:
    Quite nervous about tomorrow, I really don't think we'll win against Burnley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Quite nervous about tomorrow, I really don't think we'll win against Burnley.
    It's one thing to take points from City, United, Spurs and Saints, it's another thing to fail to do so against Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and Swansea (at home). So they're your average Joe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    It's one thing to take points from City, United, Spurs and Saints, it's another thing to fail to do so against Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and Swansea (at home). So they're your average Joe
    We need to go there with the attitude that we're going to blow them away in the first 15 minutes and absolutely trash them, not that we're going to turn up and play casually and get a cheeky 2-1 win

ReputationRep:
    The exact teams you don't want to be playing in the run in is definitely that bottom 5/6. Scrappy & desperate. First goal is the most important at this stage of the season.

ReputationRep:
    We've scored a league high 20 goals from set pieces this season, never thought I'd see the day.

And we've won 13 drawn 3 lost 0 against the bottom half teams this year. Absolutely crazy effort.

It just shows how **** we've been against 6-10th place teams: Lost to Tottenham, Soton, Swansea and Stoke but to be fair took 6 points against West Ham (and we still have to Swansea at hoome and should win that). Still, 15 points from 9 games against the 2nd quarter teams really isn't that great, even 18 from 10 isn't outstanding.

And let's be honest with ourselves 8 points from 6 games against the rest of the top 5 may be an improvement on last year, but it still isn't outstanding, Chelsea have 12 from 6 and no loses. If we were by some miracle to beat Chelsea at home and United away (my bet right now would be 1 point at best), then 14 from 8 is moving in the right direction, but we could well end up with 8 from 8. We can be flat track bullies all we like, but until we at least up our record against the top half up to 2 points a game we won't be winning titles any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    United run in

City - W/D?
    Chelsea - L?
    Everton - W
    West Brom - W
    Crystal Palace - W
    Arsenal - W
    Hull - W

If you have us to beat Arsenal, who are we going to drop points too outside of City and Chelsea. Unless you think Everton or Palace away will drop us points. If we draw with City, lose to Chelsea and win the rest of our games. It'll be down to goal difference between the two of us
    I am thinking draws against City and Everton, and a loss against Chelsea, with wins against the rest (including us).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You think Liverpool are going to get 20 points in 7 games and that Man Utd will get 14? The latter is possibly believable; the former, almost impossible.
    (Original post by difeo)
    Not almost, it's mathematically impossible.
    I mugged myself off by forgetting their upcoming fixture against Villa was in the FA cup, not the PL.

ReputationRep:
    ultra credible daily star reporting that we are looking at walcott + 20m for steriling.

Seems a bit pricey.. but ignoring cost, id love it.

ReputationRep:
    I am worried about Burnley cause they will be fighting for survival
    While Arsenal should be fighting for second place ( I hope)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    ultra credible daily star reporting that we are looking at walcott + 20m for steriling.

Seems a bit pricey.. but ignoring cost, id love it.
    I don't like that Sterling is a typical overrated English player and Theo is an Arsenal vet even Ian Wright said he should stay.

ReputationRep:
    Sterling isn't worth 40/45m, which is what Walcott + 20m would be the equivalent to.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Theo being 20/25m
    lol @ Sterling not being 40/45m

furthermore lols at likelihood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I don't like that Sterling is a typical overrated English player and Theo is an Arsenal vet even Ian Wright said he should stay.
    he is an arsenal vetran.. but sterling - well, I mean I am about as anti-liverpool as can be, but jeeze the lad has talent.

There is not a more promising young player in the league, and if he carries on the progression he has been on, or even if he keeps at his current level.. then in a few years when he is well out of our price range, we would be looking at him and saying 'what if....'

Ofcourse we could sign him, and he could fail to progress further, and walcott could hit form again for liverpool. But at the moment, I would take stirling quite hapily, and risk it.

He is just that good, and at that young of an age

ReputationRep:
    If we sign Sterling it'll be a few years until we actually reap the real rewards for him (that's if he even lives up to his hype, and I feel he wont.) Walcott is worth at least/around £15m in the current market, anything less than £20m would be unacceptable if we were to sell him to the likes of Liverpool. We're talking big money here for a player that very well may not deliver next season. You also have to look at our strongest XI and see where would Sterling actually be shoehorned in?

Giroud
    Ozil Cazorla Ramsey Sanchez
    Coquelin

Sterling would then be competing for a spot on the XI with Ox, which will either hinder one or the others game time and hence possibly development. Either Ox in this case or also Wilshere. Not to forget Welbeck, who I'm sure Sterling would be a higher priority to but the argument is why are we willing to pay so much money for a player who'll struggle to get into the XI next season. Why are we talking of selling Walcott when he's a proven goalscorer, offers an alternative to the style of play and won't cost any extra money?
    Theo scored from the get go as soon as he returned from injury, but still looked like he wasn't in full form. People have been too quick to judge him on his performance considering how much football he's missed. Not sure if anyone remembers but in December 2013 (last season) he was our best player.

We're talking £30-40m for a player who'll be surplus to requirements and has every chance of flopping. Instead of buying a 20 year old, why not buy some one around 24/25 who's about to enter their prime?

ReputationRep:
    Don't want sterling.

Theo will come good and I'd rather have a proper striker (ie lacazette or higuain) as a replacement than another creative midfielder...it's not like we're short in that department. Guys a mercenary as well, as soon as we show any signs of decline/ Madrid come calling he's off. Don't want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Don't want sterling.

Theo will come good and I'd rather have a proper striker (ie lacazette or higuain) as a replacement than another creative midfielder...it's not like we're short in that department. Guys a mercenary as well, as soon as we show any signs of decline/ Madrid come calling he's off. Don't want.

Not sure if he'll "come good" because I think he's already around the level he should/will be. Not to say that's a bad thing however, seeing as he's a winger with the potential to score 12-15 goals a season if he remains fit, and that's a very good amount.

ReputationRep:
    12 goals and 8 assists.. for a 20 year old.

Carried his team through the first half of the season, and has played so many different positions..

1st
    New CM - Ramsey
    Sterling - ozil - Sanchez
    Giroud

2nd
    Coq - Wilshire
    Ox - Cazorla - campbell/winger
    Welbeck

Would be the best squad, and depth we have had in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    12 goals and 8 assists.. for a 20 year old.

Carried his team through the first half of the season, and has played so many different positions..

1st
    New CM - Ramsey
    Sterling - ozil - Sanchez
    Giroud

2nd
    Coq - Wilshire
    Ox - Cazorla - campbell/winger
    Welbeck

Would be the best squad, and depth we have had in years.
    only one thing's guaranteed at Arsenal

injury

ReputationRep:
    dont think we have enough funds to be throwing it at Sterling (esp. condsidering we have more vital areas to solidfy first) and we deffo aren't gonna be offering the wages the fkboi is said to be wanting

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.