Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    With the amount they've spent they shouldn't be so reliant on 3 players. If Kompany is injured they have no defence, despite spending nearly 80m on Ornamental and Mangala. If KDB or Aguero is injured they have nothing going forward, again despite spending a fortune. Most of their signings since Pellegrini took over have been awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a fair counter. Only way I could disagree is that De Bruyne has been an exceptional signing. But other than that they've been dreadful. I guess that shows the desperation we're at now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    With the amount they've spent they shouldn't be so reliant on 3 players. If Kompany is injured they have no defence, despite spending nearly 80m on Ornamental and Mangala. If KDB or Aguero is injured they have nothing going forward, again despite spending a fortune. Most of their signings since Pellegrini took over have been awful.
    Pellegrini doesn't sign players. Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Out of interest, what do people think of Jose? I'd be furious but it seems a surprisingly large number of Arsenal fans would want him
    Why even ask the question. Would never happen in a million years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Players I suspect of doping this season:

Zarate
    Kouyate
    Joel Ward
    Zouma
    Jamie Vardy
    Ross Barkley
    Harry Kane
    James Morrison
    Lewis Grabban
    Yaya Toure
    Cuco Martina
    Shane Long
    Jose Fonte
    Firmino
    Joe Allen
    Diego Costa
    Rashford
    Herrera
    Wayne Routledge
    Ashley Williams
    Alderweireld
    Andy Carroll
    Bolaise
    Rashford? WTF is he gonna be high on, Panda Pop?

ReputationRep:
    You guys will end up low key giving tottenham the league by your last minute winner vs Leicester

ReputationRep:
    ^ Leicester recover from setbacks pretty well so i doubt it. The only thing that's changed is after our game vs Man City, Leicester aren't assured of it yet

ReputationRep:
    Wenger is running Arsenal to the ground I've said this for the longest time even Spurs are better than us our stock is dropping rapidly with the casual fans they will go to Spurs and other clubs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Why even ask the question. Would never happen in a million years.
    Doesnt stop those on united thread talking about where Ronaldo, Bale and Hummels will fit into the united line up....

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt stop those on united thread talking about where Ronaldo, Bale and Hummels will fit into the united line up....
    That's the United thread, why even compare this to that abomination, FOR SHAME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Rashford? WTF is he gonna be high on, Panda Pop?
    HGH doe
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can't see how they'll fit in the team given that Neymar, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic are also joining this summer.

**** defenders, we'll just play 2-1-7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I can't see how they'll fit in the team given that Neymar, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic are also joining this summer.

**** defenders, we'll just play 2-1-7
    Reckond it'd work. Stuff Bale in the hole and play Ronnie as dlp. Actually maybe not, don't want to disrupt Fosu-Mensahs growth...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheChampion)
    wheres the wenger in brigade from a year ago? we need change
    #WengerIn

ReputationRep:
    imagine modern fans being so spoilt that they think a manager joining a club and winning the league, 2 league cups and getting to a CL semi final, in 3 years.. is not a decent return.

Spent a lot of money? so what.. so do most clubs these days. their net spend is only 30m over uniteds..

Brought players? not his choice.. he was outspoken at madrid of his hatred for buying big names, and not the players he needed.. I cant imagine that attitude has changed, yet city's board probably get to primarily decide who they bring in.

Jeeze modern fans are spoiled.. even with cities squad and spend, you cant have guarenteed success every year. 3 trophies in 3 years, and progress in the CL, is absolutely fine.

Excited by:
    - Pellegrini, De boer + bergkamp, low,

Not excited by:
    Martinez, bould, viera, Rodgers (serriously.. has better odds then De boer at the moment..)

Never going to happen, but will be linked:
    Simone.

The one that got away:
    Klopp....

ReputationRep:
    Smh

ReputationRep:
    Well, that company that Professor Flamini set up isn't an April fool because BBC have now reported its existence. I don't think he'll be at another football club on a professional contract after the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Excited by:
    - Pellegrini, De boer + bergkamp, low,
    Berkgamp will never manage a big club with ambitions, dude can't fly.

Inb4 but Arsenal aren't a big club etc.

ReputationRep:
    WBA game not going to sell out? I got an email saying there are still tickets available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Berkgamp will never manage a big club with ambitions, dude can't fly.

Inb4 but Arsenal aren't a big club etc.
    bergkamp won't ever be a big club manager if he can't go on aircraft besides that is why we're also going for the man he works under, who's got that winning experience. Shame that three of that team went to spurs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    WBA game not going to sell out? I got an email saying there are still tickets available.
    Aren't you a Liverpool fan?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.