The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6780
^ Pretty much that.
Only a few in that team actually played good throughout the tournament.
Original post by Rk2k14

Not Boateng for me, he's suspect defensively for me. Good passer of the ball though.

Apart from that, not too many arguments. I think Hamsik played well for the short time he was in the tournament.

Original post by Fizzel
Yeah I'd have put Kroos in there, Germany were let down by an out of sorts Muller and lack of forward options but that midfield was imperious at times with him being the centre piece.

Didn't think all that much of Payet either. Had two good games early on and then to my mind coasted by comparison.

Kroos bossed most games he played in and Payet is a showreel player.

He can win you games with some individual brilliance though.
Original post by Rk2k14

All hail the Lord and Saviour!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1468261680.860858.jpg
Reply 6783
Wtf is this Pokemon Go thing? Seeing it everywhere.
A question for those with decent politics knowledge; Why are people so dead set against the lib-dems?
They seem to meet the different classes down the middle and have realistic policies. They seem perfectly fair to me.
Obviously there was the whole tuition fee debacle, but that wasn't entirely their fault and they aren't exactly the first politicians to break a promise made during an election campaign.
Original post by The Wavefunction
A question for those with decent politics knowledge; Why are people so dead set against the lib-dems?
They seem to meet the different classes down the middle and have realistic policies. They seem perfectly fair to me.
Obviously there was the whole tuition fee debacle, but that wasn't entirely their fault and they aren't exactly the first politicians to break a promise made during an election campaign.

It is tuition fee and sharing platform with tories. They were (naively) seen as a party that actually cared for the people and not motivated by power (especially on back of Kennedy leadership and anti-Iraq war stance) by their electoral base- students. So, seeing them go against that was to these students selling out for power and no better than power club evil cooperate whores that politicians are. They're finding it impossible to get away from that. It's similar to how labour are being punished by Scottish people for sharing a platform with tories.

Strange thing is that their votes went to tories.
(edited 7 years ago)
The 2010 election just condemned them to irrelevance, by confirming what people had said for years before. A third party which more or less proven themselves irrelevant as a third party option. The bottom line is Lib Dem voters would have been better buying into the duopoly than voting for the illusion of a third option.
Angela Eagle is gonna get so blown out the water its gonna be embarrassing for her tbh
Have to feel for her. She's found herself thrusted into a situation she's unqualified for and probably doesn't want. But she has to do it as they're a pointless party arm and Coryn is unelectable. Corbynista are ruining the country and allowing tories to get away with a lot of ****. At 'worst' the Labour Party can split up ASAP at 'best' they go back to being pseudo-tories.

Heard she's facing a vote of no confidence in her constituency lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by atom y humber
Have to feel for her. She's found gerrelf thrusted into a situation she's unqualified for and probably doesn't want. But she has to do it as they're a pointless party arm and Coryn is unelectable. Corbynista are ruining the country and allowing tories to get away with a lot of ****. At 'worst' the Labour Party can split up ASAP at 'best' they go back to being pseudo-tories.

Heard she's facing a vote of no confidence in her constituency lol

Nah she hasn't been forced into it all, her campaign website was set up two days after the referendum. She's an odious little toad woman tbh - tory light and doesn't even have nearly a good history of which policies she votes for and against.

brb votes for iraq war
brb votes for bombing syria
brb votes for tuition fees
brb fees for disability welfare cuts
brb votes for companies to be allowed to monitor data

She's as much of a Tory as you're likely to see in the Labour party. Corbyn's taking the party back towards its routes before Blair's last few years, and is nowhere near as bad or 'dangerous' as the media make him out to be. Where has this idea that Corbyn is 'unelectable' even come from?

She's going to get absolutely destroyed tbh, Doesn't even want the leader of the party who was democratically elected to even have the chance to run again. She's nothing but self serving and full of shite

brb she's a lesbo but not even a remotely attractive one
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Nah she hasn't been forced into it all, her campaign website was set up two days after the referendum. She's an odious little toad woman tbh - tory light and doesn't even have nearly a good history of which policies she votes for and against.

brb votes for iraq war
brb votes for bombing syria
brb votes for tuition fees
brb fees for disability welfare cuts
brb votes for companies to be allowed to monitor data

She's as much of a Tory as you're likely to see in the Labour party. Corbyn's taking the party back towards its routes before Blair's last few years, and is nowhere near as bad or 'dangerous' as the media make him out to be. Where has this idea that Corbyn is 'unelectable' even come from?

She's going to get absolutely destroyed tbh, Doesn't even want the leader of the party who was democratically elected to even have the chance to run again. She's nothing but self serving and full of shite

brb she's a lesbo but not even a remotely attractive one

I know all about the website but still feel like she was selected from the anti-Corbyn sect of labour as the most likely to beat him due to her Union link. But she's as uninspiring and unelectable as he is. I don't think she's delusional enough. She's here to try and get rid of corbyn.

Corbyn is unelectable because of thatcher legacy. We haven't progressed from her and are a very conservative country. No one west of central left is electable. That's just how it is. The last elected labour PM was a Tory. Look at what's happend to libs dem- blamed for the ill of tories whilst Tory got given a majority. If you have liberal values, the whole media laughs you out of town.

Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for corbyn but if may calls an election snp could likely be the oppositional party. Principles doesn't cut it anymore in England.
At the moment all of the 3 (potential) leaders are deeply uninspiring to me.

I really hope they dont call a G.E. because for me, neither of these 3 are that promising..

If we can see out the next 4 years, then maybe by then the new labour leader will have proven themselves, and we will know a bit more about may - either good or bad.

Right now if there is a general election and I have to choose between the lib-dems, May's conservatives or Eagles/Corbyns labour.. its just a choice between lying, corruption and incompetence. Not good for the country.
People who think chinese football will follow the america route are having a laugh.

Financially they are in a different league from american clubs, and they are splashing he cash more and more each window. Its not just going to be a place for older players to retire to..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1426249/graziano-pelle-to-shandong-luneng-13m-italian-becomes-latest-european-star-to-join-chinese-super-league/

Pelle the 6th highest paid footballer in the world...

Sure there is no glamour, but how many other players will be turned by huge offers?
Original post by fallen_acorns
People who think chinese football will follow the america route are having a laugh.

Financially they are in a different league from american clubs, and they are splashing he cash more and more each window. Its not just going to be a place for older players to retire to..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1426249/graziano-pelle-to-shandong-luneng-13m-italian-becomes-latest-european-star-to-join-chinese-super-league/

Sure there is no glamour, but how many other players will be turned by huge offers?

It's a question more of whether the players coming in can help increase the average ability of the domestic players quick enough. Usually it takes a generation but often the cash/effort runs out too quickly.
Original post by fallen_acorns

^strong
Reply 6796
^strong
^strong
Original post by Zerforax
It's a question more of whether the players coming in can help increase the average ability of the domestic players quick enough. Usually it takes a generation but often the cash/effort runs out too quickly.

Personally I cant see the standard of homegrown players increasing any time soon.. china will take generations to progress on that front.

My comparison with the USA was more in terms of their league. I have heard many people say it will be like the US league, where they give high wages to older players, but cant lure any younger players over. China though is blowing this away with huge wages and very tempting offers for players that would normally not consider moving away from decent clubs. If they are willing to spend 260,000 a week on Pelle.. imagine what sort of cash they will start to spend if this mass of investment proves successful..
Joey Bada$$ in Mr robot Season 2 hehe
Mr robot is best show on right now

Latest