Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Hmm
    I love this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnabVnzOj4

Some music but is that bad?
    Should avoid it bro. The brother probably means well but unfortunately some of his vids are just music. The only change he makes is his lyrics are linked to Islam.

(Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Should avoid it bro. The brother probably means well but unfortunately some of his vids are just music. The only change he makes is his lyrics are linked to Islam.
    Okay
    Spoiler:
    Show

How was your pizza?

ReputationRep:
    وَإِذَا مَسَّ الْإِنسَانَ ضُرٌّ دَعَا رَبَّهُ مُنِيبًا إِلَيْهِ ثُمَّ إِذَا خَوَّلَهُ نِعْمَةً مِّنْهُ نَسِيَ مَا كَانَ يَدْعُو إِلَيْهِ مِن قَبْلُ وَجَعَلَ لِلَّهِ أَندَادًا لِّيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِ
    And when adversity touches man, he calls upon his Lord, turning to Him [alone]; then when He bestows on him a favor from Himself, he forgets Him whom he called upon before, and he attributes to Allah equals to mislead [people] from His way.
    [Surah az-Zumar]

Now the sūrah touches their hearts again as it shows them their conditions in times of hardship and times of ease. It shows them how they boast and how, in their weakness, they swing from one condition to another. They are consistent only when they maintain their bond with God and humble themselves before Him. They will then know the truth and know their way. They will also then be able to benefit from their human characteristics.

Human nature appears naked when man suffers affliction. Masks are torn off, covers are removed and disillusionment disappears. At this point, human nature turns to its Lord alone knowing that only He can remove affliction. It realizes that all its claims about God having partners are false.
    When affliction is gone and man finds himself enjoying an abundance of God’s favours, he again burdens his nature with heaps of false influences. He forgets his earnest pleas to God during the time of his affliction, choosing now to overlook his acknowledgement of God’s oneness and that it is He alone who can relieve his hardship. He forgets all this and begins to claim that others are equal to God. These alleged equals may be deities man worships just like in the early days of jāhiliyyah, or they may be in the shape of values, persons, or situations to which he gives in his consciousness a share of what belongs exclusively to God. We see this in many of the jāhiliyyah situations we encounter everywhere. Thus man may worship his desires, inclinations, hopes, fears, wealth, children, rulers and chiefs in the same way as he worships God or even in greater devotion. In fact, he may love them more than he loves God. Polytheism can take different forms, some of which are subtle. People may not think of these as polytheism because they do not take the familiar form of acknowledging multiple deities; yet they are essentially polytheistic.
    The result is to go astray, moving away from God’s way which has one form, namely, acknowledging His oneness and addressing worship and love to Him alone.

[Fee dhilaal al-Quran]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyrouthi)
    The other place in the South I've been to is Tyre which was incredible! I'm a lover of history so I particularly love visiting places of historical significance in Lebanon and seeing the remnants of all the different empires. The beach there is also great so have you always lived in the South?(before college of course)
    Some of my happiest childhood memories were created at Tyre beach :heart: You should visit Sidon and check out the sea castle- it was built by the crusaders to act as a fortress

No, my family stayed in Achrafieh, Beirut in the years that lived in Lebanon. My weekends would alternate between staying with my father's parents in the South and my mother's in Zahle. I'm feeling so nostalgic now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    You do realise that's borderline shirk..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I could be missing something very obvious here (or some comments may have been removed) but what exactly was it,that you condemned as "borderline shirk"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Mashallah, he's such a good prayer
    Is he your favourite iman?

Mine is this -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjNROBu6l0

I always listen to that everytime when I come or go to college. I also listen to it when I'm revising
    This is indeed an incredible recitation, never heard anything like it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dua that gets you loads of hasanat:

https://youtu.be/VI-IWtdoTBg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When one of the Righteous Awliya visit Madinah

http://youtu.be/WsbOCp6HAYE

(Original post by beautifulxxx)
    This is indeed an incredible recitation, never heard anything like it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    al-Iqtidar:
    This is where the speaker expresses a single meaning in multiple ways to illustrate his syntactical skills and his construction of linguistic devices. At times he illustrates this by way of a metaphor, at others, by a simile, or an abridgement, and at others still, in a realistic form. Ibn Abul Isbi` has said: It is in this form that all the narratives of the Quran appear. You will notice that a single story with no variations in meaning, appears in multiple forms, and with a changing vocabulary. Thus, in no two places will they be alike - and one is bound to find differences in its outward manifestations.

[al-'itqan]

ReputationRep:
    Jabir ibn Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah (saws) happened to walk through the market place. Some people were gathered on either side of him. There he came across a dead goat with very short ears, of which he took hold saying,

"Who among you would like to have this for a dirham?" They said, "By Allah, not even if it were alive, because its ears are too short; and now it is also dead." Thereupon the messenger of Allah (saws) said, " By Allah, this world is more insignificant in the sight of Allah than this in your eyes."

Related by Sahih Muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a good day guys.
    Kudafiz :hello:

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that's borderline shirk.
    Best to stop trolling now because it won't be taken lightly in the ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am a muslim and so are you. You cannot tell me what to not post when this page is open to the Islamic society as well as non-muslims and this clearly is a big part of Islam. This is just a contribution of my belief and if it affects you and you believe its shirk then ignore it. If you want maybe read more on Muharram, Allah will help you find the answers.

Imam Hussain was Prophet Muhammed's PBUH grandson so theres no shirk anywhere bro.

ReputationRep:
    Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to Allah's will) in Islam.

Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them).

Qur'an: Al-Hijr (15:2-3)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَىٰ رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
    And [mention] Ayyub, when he called to his Lord, "Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful."

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ فَكَشَفْنَا مَا بِهِ مِن ضُرٍّ ۖ وَآتَيْنَاهُ أَهْلَهُ وَمِثْلَهُم مَّعَهُمْ رَحْمَةً مِّنْ عِندِنَا وَذِكْرَىٰ لِلْعَابِدِينَ
    So We responded to him and removed what afflicted him of adversity. And We gave him [back] his family and the like thereof with them as mercy from Us and a reminder for the worshippers [of Allah ].

[Surah al-Anbiyaa']

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    I could be missing something very obvious here (or some comments may have been removed) but what exactly was it,that you condemned as "borderline shirk"?
    Its a few pages back, I posted a link to a noha which this person clearly does not seem to like.

ReputationRep:
    وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. And he called out within the darknesses, "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
    So We responded to him and saved him from the distress. And thus do We save the believers.

[Surah al-Anbiyaa']

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zozozo99)
    I am a muslim and so are you. You cannot tell me what to not post when this page is open to the Islamic society as well as non-muslims and this clearly is a big part of Islam. This is just a contribution of my belief and if it affects you and you believe its shirk then ignore it. If you want maybe read more on Muharram, Allah will help you find the answers.

Imam Hussain was Prophet Muhammed's PBUH grandson so theres no shirk anywhere bro.
    So for what reason exactly were you chanting ya Hussain?

ReputationRep:
    So for what reason exactly were you chanting ya Hussain?
    Whats wrong with saying Labaik Ya Hussain?

You do realise that's borderline shirk.
    Best to stop trolling now because it won't be taken lightly in the ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This isn't shirk. We are just paying our respects to the tragedy of Karbala.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.