Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing that came from this game was that Djourou got injured! He's out for the rest of the season. We need Vermaelen ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    Clinical from us. Can't believe I'm saying this but I feel sorry for you lot.

2-0 a very harsh scoreline IMO and some would argue not the right result but meh, we won

Djorou I found was very impressive vs Barca and seemed the case again against us today. Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Any reports what the injury is?

VDS is a beast. Don't retire son, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)

2-0 a very harsh scoreline IMO and some would argue not the right result but meh, we won

Djorou I found was very impressive vs Barca and seemed the case again against us today. Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Dislocated shoulder. Out for the rest of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    mate, when it bloody counts, we let the goals in. we have no stability in the back (especially now djourou is injured), and lets face it, we had the chance to sign smalling, but bought ****lacci instead.
    Smalling chose United over us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but to be fair, nearly every goalkeeper who plays against Arsenal has a 'spectacular' game. I think its something to do with them always shooting directly to or near to the goalkeeper or doing something to make the shot easier to save.

For example, that chance chamakh with the header. If he hadn't headed it to the ground first (god knows why he did this :facepalm:), Van der sar would never have even got his hands on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Smalling chose United over us.
    Why is that I wonder?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Diaby was a good player, but his standards have fallen dramatically. I really wish he would just get rid of denilson, rosicky, diaby, bendtner etc, they're players that when brought on it seems like theres no hope left.

I knew this would happen though, except I thought we'd challenge for the title, but with Djourou out we will not win anything now. fact.

what was that in the janurary transfer window Wenger? You dont need another CB? pfft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz864)
    The worst thing that came from this game was that Djourou got injured! He's out for the rest of the season. We need Vermaelen ASAP!
    he's out for the rest of the season too... we're officially ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    This Spanish lad we're playing in goal looks pretty solid, where'd we find him..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    This Spanish lad we're playing in goal looks pretty solid, where'd we find him..?
    The fact he has some talented competition has finally given him a kick up the arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    He's spanish? I thought he was some kind of eastern european hooker... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad *****)
    not really, when will you win trophies though :rofl2:

i feel soz for this pathetic team
    Glory hunter lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I don't think I should take you seriously considering you support a club that just lost to one of the worst United teams on paper in years.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rolleyes: ****ing idiot
    And yet a supposedly stronger United team lost to the weakest Liverpool team in years. Funny old game.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal is the best team in the premier league. the scoreline always goes against them somehow though. somebody needs to injure van de saar ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Aresnal Fan: " had enough of wenger, if backed him up for years and now iv had enough, he needs to leave so we can compete realisticly"

HAHAHAHAHAH

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about Wenger, I can't remember a game where he was recently beaten a top level side through brilliant tactics. But as for people saying get rid of him, and bring in who? I can't think of another manager that would get you those results on that budget, season after season. He's not the best manager in the world, but he does compete against some of them with far less money, and do pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, but to be fair, nearly every goalkeeper who plays against Arsenal has a 'spectacular' game. I think its something to do with them always shooting directly to or near to the goalkeeper or doing something to make the shot easier to save.

For example, that chance chamakh with the header. If he hadn't headed it to the ground first (god knows why he did this :facepalm:), Van der sar would never have even got his hands on it.
    Chamackh needs games, the match against Sunderland and the match today proved this. I can understand why Wenger dropped Chamackh once RVP was fit but why he started Bendtner ahead of him in the past months is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerry)
    Every season, every ****ing season :banghead:.

Don't forget the January transfer period where injured players come back to dominate home matches against lower sides, giving Wenger a reason to gloat and write off the need to buy experienced players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I don't know about Wenger, I can't remember a game where he was recently beaten a top level side through brilliant tactics. But as for people saying get rid of him, and bring in who? I can't think of another manager that would get you those results on that budget, season after season. He's not the best manager in the world, but he does compete against some of them with far less money, and do pretty well.
    I mentioned a couple of months ago that Wenger isn't a 'master tactician' in the sense that he lacks a bit of adaptability and is quite stubborn, but he's an expert in the transfer market compared to many managers.

There's a reason he was given the IFFHS award.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.