Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mystic123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ellie-wellie)
What? I thought we were rid of Karen Gillan! As much as I love her and Matt Smith together, I was really hoping for a new assistant....
She's said that she 'will be back' next series, but hasn't said anything about whether that'll be for one episode or all 13. Arthur Darvill is coming back as well, but similarly hasn't said how many episodes it'll be for. Presumably they've been told not to say anything because it would ruin the suspense for the finale... and filming doesn't start until the New Year anyway apparently.

I won't be complaining if they're back for the whole series though, I love the Amy/Rory/Doctor dynamic, and they both work really well with Matt Smith.

(Original post by Pandora.)
So is
Spoiler:
Show
Alex Kingston

in the Christmas special then? I'm confused now :confused:
Spoiler:
Show
Not as far as I've heard, haven't heard anything about her being back next series either. Karen and Arthur have both been spotted filming a scene for the Christmas special though.
humy369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dizzeedollee)
^
This, absolutely. Apart from AGMGTW perhaps; I wasn't underwhelmed by it, but it wasn't /that/ good in my opinion. But I do agree with whoever said that Doctor Who has become a bit too 'humany'; although I love the psychological/emotional/'deep' type episodes that have featured this series I so miss the adventure type episodes from the Russell T Davis era when it was all about visiting new planets, new worlds and chasing/being chased by weird and wonderful aliens. This series is very earth based it seems
I miss when Doctor Who was all about running :rolleyes:
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I don't hate Amy or Rory but it does make me a bit sad that we won't get to see the 11th Doctor with a new companion. He seems to be defined by Amy and Rory (which does make sense in a way by having turned up in Amelia's childhood and being integral) but I still would have liked a new companion. I would have liked to have seen him interact with someone different.

Of course, that is dependant on how active Amy and Rory are within series 7 and whether Matt will stay beyond the Anniversary.

So far in this series, I would say the really good episodes were The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, The Doctor's Wife, A Good Man Goes to War and The Girl Who Waited. All of them felt like high quality science fiction (barring a slightly, and arguably, convoluted start to the series), they were solid stories and performances.
I'd like to see him with an alien companion, it's always humans.
humy369
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
I'd like to see him with an alien companion, it's always humans.
What kind of alien? One we've already seen or a new one? I think a Silurian companion would be kind of interesting.
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by humy369)
What kind of alien? One we've already seen or a new one? I think a Silurian companion would be kind of interesting.
Just one that would be funny and wouldn't lead to some form of awkward romantic involvement.
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dizzeedollee)
^
This, absolutely. Apart from AGMGTW perhaps; I wasn't underwhelmed by it, but it wasn't /that/ good in my opinion. But I do agree with whoever said that Doctor Who has become a bit too 'humany'; although I love the psychological/emotional/'deep' type episodes that have featured this series I so miss the adventure type episodes from the Russell T Davis era when it was all about visiting new planets, new worlds and chasing/being chased by weird and wonderful aliens. This series is very earth based it seems
I prefer Old Who especially 60's stuff where it wasnt rushed and all over in moments i.e the Doctor would argue with someone for a few minutes about a monster, monster would arrive, everyone runs and they hatch a plan to stop monster which doesnt feel deus ex machina.
JXamie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Completely off topic but I was watching a couple of older episodes today, including 'The Long Game' back in Series 1. In it, there was a news story saying that 'The Face of Bo has announced that it is pregnant'.

Could it be possible that there is a mini-Jack running around somewhere in the universe? Would be cool
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JXamie)
Completely off topic but I was watching a couple of older episodes today, including 'The Long Game' back in Series 1. In it, there was a news story saying that 'The Face of Bo has announced that it is pregnant'.

Could it be possible that there is a mini-Jack running around somewhere in the universe? Would be cool
This was all addressed in some canon: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Boekind
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
The Wedding of River Song sneek peek
Spoiler:
Show
A sneak peek of Doctor Who’s sixth series finale, The Wedding of River Song

The Doctor, River, Amy and Rory all wear eyepatches
The Doctor is bringing back the long hair and beard
What’s in the box?
Rory gets a new look as a gun wielding combat soldier, with eyepatch
The Doctor plays live chess in Vegas 12 against Gantok (Mark Gatiss) the viking…
…The Doctor asks Gantok, “Before I go, I’d like to know why I have to die”
More than one Doctor?
River confronts Kovarian in the tomb
Another viking, Gideon Vandaleur (Niall Greig Fulton), takes the Doctor into the The Labyrinth of Skulls
The long-haired Doctor meets a Silent in a specimen tank
Amy in her black suit again, this time, with an eyepatch
The Doctor: “Silence will fall when the question is asked. All those times I’ve heard those words, I never realised it was my silence, my death.”
Daleks! A badly damaged New Paradigm Dalek
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Spoiler:
Show

The Doctor, River, Amy and Rory all wear eyepatches That would support the theory the eyepatch helps remember the silence
The Doctor is bringing back the long hair and beard Fron Day of the Moon, I though the beard was a bit much(to grow) for one episode, or was it fake?
What’s in the box? Good question
Rory gets a new look as a gun wielding combat soldier, with eyepatch Ah, so it was Rory in the trailer
The Doctor plays live chess in Vegas 12 against Gantok (Mark Gatiss) the viking… So it isnt all on earth
…The Doctor asks Gantok, “Before I go, I’d like to know why I have to die” So he hasnt worked it out yet
More than one Doctor? Well, that has been predicted
River confronts Kovarian in the tomb Putting my money on River
Another viking, Gideon Vandaleur (Niall Greig Fulton), takes the Doctor into the The Labyrinth of Skulls So are the vikings an alien race or part of the silence?
The long-haired Doctor meets a Silent in a specimen tank Specimen tank would hint they are being observed
Amy in her black suit again, this time, with an eyepatch I dont remember a black suit
The Doctor: “Silence will fall when the question is asked. All those times I’ve heard those words, I never realised it was my silence, my death.” Its bigger on the inside
Daleks! A badly damaged New Paradigm Dalek Why does Moffet continue to destroy the old villians? Just give them to a good writer who can make a decent episode.
Thoughts in bold
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
Thoughts in bold
Re: black suit. The one she was kidnapped in. I assume we get to see what happened to her in those days she was missing/why she was actually kidnapped.
Ape Gone Insane
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
birduk has been offline for a week. So someone else will need to create the episode thread.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been MIA for a while - I'm now trying to avoid any information I don't already know as the last two episodes air.
kopite493
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BethSwift)
I don't think so. They'll come back for the last few episodes I reckon, there's too much unresolved there. But yeah, in my opinion it's probably their last series, but that's just speculation on my part (there's probably people here who know for sure but spoilers scare me :P )
i heard that karen and matt have been given contracts for 2 more seasons, but not arthur, i think i saw it in a interview. saying that i wouldnt put it past moffet to have done that to throw people off.

the doctors room nmumber was 11

and im probably wrong but i'd have thought it was susan in his room surely any grandparents greatest fear would be there grandchild all alone in the future with a man who is going to die probably millennia before she does
HereBeDragons
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kopite493)
i heard that karen and matt have been given contracts for 2 more seasons, but not arthur, i think i saw it in a interview. saying that i wouldnt put it past moffet to have done that to throw people off.

the doctors room nmumber was 11

and im probably wrong but i'd have thought it was susan in his room surely any grandparents greatest fear would be there grandchild all alone in the future with a man who is going to die probably millennia before she does
After the whole Daleks thing, I don't trust a word Moffat says.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Episode thread here.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I probably won't be here to do the thread next week. So someone do the finale for me please
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I cried :cry:
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was fairly good, although there were a few annoying bits.
Hiya123321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Spoiler:
Show

The Doctor, River, Amy and Rory all wear eyepatches It has to be something to do with the silence not affecting people with an eyepatch.
The Doctor is bringing back the long hair and beard The doctor's hair grows within a day - I though he said in the ep that he's going to die tomorrow.
What’s in the box? What box - maybe baby River
Rory gets a new look as a gun wielding combat soldier, with eyepatch At least he's back
The Doctor plays live chess in Vegas 12 against Gantok (Mark Gatiss) the viking…
…The Doctor asks Gantok, “Before I go, I’d like to know why I have to die” I'd like to know that too.
More than one Doctor? Pretty obvious - whether younger self, or ganger etc.
River confronts Kovarian in the tomb So she's not stuck underwater the whole episode - good.
Another viking, Gideon Vandaleur (Niall Greig Fulton), takes the Doctor into the The Labyrinth of Skulls The skulls come alive and take his sonic screwdriver.
The long-haired Doctor meets a Silent in a specimen tank
Amy in her black suit again, this time, with an eyepatch
The Doctor: “Silence will fall when the question is asked. All those times I’ve heard those words, I never realised it was my silence, my death.” Maybe the question is why the hell did the TARDIS explode in series 5? --- Maybe when the TARDIS sees the Doctor die, then it throws a tantrum.
Daleks! A badly damaged New Paradigm Power-ranger Dalek OMG. Get ready everyone we're going to see a Darlek for 10 seconds after a year.
... See bold
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads