The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Original post by Vionar
It's awful, fleeing the country means something must be up, and I'm sure there was another building collapse in Dhaka not too long ago.

Yeah, the factory had 8 floors instead of the 5 they had permission for. It shames me to admit, i ignored the event at first but i saw the news footage today. :frown: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367171627.583439.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Bangladesh is a corrupt corrupt country. You can basically be above the law with a bit of money. Any aid that goes to bangladesh victims from this collapse will probably be hidden away by the Government. :/ The factory made clothes for Primark and other British stores, such a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, I don't think the companies can be blamed though, if a building has a 'safe and fit for work' pass by the government they aren't going to doubt it are they?
Original post by Jina
Bangladesh is a corrupt corrupt country. You can basically be above the law with a bit of money. Any aid that goes to bangladesh victims from this collapse will probably be hidden away by the Government. :/ The factory made clothes for Primark and other British stores, such a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And you ask why I dislike them...
Reply 6803
Original post by MattFletcher
To be fair, I don't think the companies can be blamed though, if a building has a 'safe and fit for work' pass by the government they aren't going to doubt it are they?

Ah i'm not blaming the companies... Though they do have a responsibility to check out working conditions of their workers instead of just checking if it has a pass. Everyone has an equal responsibility, but ultimately the factory owner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6804
Original post by Jina
Yeah, the factory had 8 floors instead of the 5 they had permission for. It shames me to admit, i ignored the event at first but i saw the news footage today. :frown: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367171627.583439.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

The things people do to make money, they're horrendous. That image is horrific, I don't feel like eating much more.
Reply 6805
Original post by L'Evil Fish
And you ask why I dislike them...

I too dislike the country and it's government, especially with the recent Shabag protests. But I love being Bangladeshi... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6806
Original post by Vionar
The things people do to make money, they're horrendous. That image is horrific, I don't feel like eating much more.

That's not the worst of it. My dad cried last night watching a man ask to die instead of being rescued. Sorry if I put you off your dinner. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6807
Yeah, let me know when that break finishes :wink:

Hahaha...will do:tongue: .... Anyway tbh I hardly know when they play or if they've won so..:yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6808
Original post by Jina
That's not the worst of it. My dad cried last night watching a man ask to die instead of being rescued. Sorry if I put you off your dinner. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish there was some way I could express my sadness, we only realise how lucky we are when something like this happens. In the style of the Boston bombings, who wants to be Bangladeshi today? It's fine, I wasn't really going to eat much anyway!
Original post by EduWiz
Hahaha...will do:tongue: .... Anyway tbh I hardly know when they play or if they've won so..:yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you're gonna tell me every time they win I don't see us talking often :tongue:
Reply 6810
Well if you're gonna tell me every time they win I don't see us talking often :tongue:

Hahahah lool...on that note, arsenal haven't won a cup since 2005/6:mmm::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EduWiz
Hahahah lool...on that note, arsenal haven't won a cup since 2005/6:mmm::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hand: I get that all the time :unimpressed:

2015/16 I feel something impressive
Original post by Vionar
I think there is, I thought I saw it somewhere. I wish I didn't have the displeasure of meeting these people.

fair enough
Reply 6813

I doubt that they'll win a cup...they no longer have their best player:rolleyes:

Bluffroom getting into Harvard?
Original post by EduWiz
I doubt that they'll win a cup...they no longer have their best player:rolleyes:

We'll see :mmm:
Original post by Bluffroom

:erm: in terms of football :wink:

Don't do a Liverpool: 'Next Years our year' *Season Starts*: 'This Year's our year.' and then go back to 'next year's our year' once you realise it's not going to happen
Original post by Bluffroom

good luck with that one :tongue:
Don't do a Liverpool: 'Next Years our year' *Season Starts*: 'This Year's our year.' and then go back to 'next year's our year' once you realise it's not going to happen

good luck with that one :tongue:

:rofl: 2015/16 I said :mmm:
:rofl: 2015/16 I said :mmm:

we'll see, :wink:
we'll see, :wink:

We will:mmm:

I'm trying to sit down with my history in front of me... I keep distracting myself... With food or something... :colonhash:

Latest