Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    What's with the blairite coup against corbyn?

Liz Kendall, got 4% of the vote, and was arguably the most blairite candidate, compared to corbyn's almost 60% vote, in a four way race, which is a massive mandate.

The labour party have had enough for regime change, being America's lapdog, social and economic inequality, etc.

It's not that the public doesn't trust labour. It's that, media, owned by rich billionare moguls appeal to low information voters, scae them, and who sadly, make up a bulk of people who vote.
    The mostly working class, poor, low-income members of the Labour Party who voted for Jeremy Corbyn is a sign Labour's mantra of rich individuals telling poor individuals they are poor because other rich individuals make them poor, is working. Corbyn was elected because he promises lots of poor, working class, low-income members lots of free money, lots of public services, and that everything will be wonderful while having no plan how to pay for it all, nor how to secure the members' jobs by looking after business in Britain. The Labour MPs are more rational, better understand reality, live in the real world, and have a small grasp on the economy: Labour MPs are more sensible than the Labour party members. The problem for Labour is Labour's chance of winning an election comes from being more Blairite, the Labour MPs know this, but the Labour members do not, the Labour members are making the Labour Party unelectable by refusing to think rationally, avoiding the real world, and using Sky News' and David Cameron's remarks, electing Jihadi Jez the terrorist sympathiser who wants to ruin Britain to be the party's leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    x.
    Nigel, is that really you?

This terrorist sympathizer, who when we were cosy with the racist, facist, inhumane south-african apartheid, was reprimanded by police for protesting against it?:

I support leaving the EU too, and so did Corbyn back in the day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Didn't think about it because it was a tiny amount of time... I will do in the future
    And on that note labour definitely shouldn't accept you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nigel, is that really you?

This terrorist sympathizer, who when we were cosy with the racist, facist, inhumane south-african apartheid, was reprimanded by police for protesting against it?:
    That is the same Jeremy Corbyn who said killing the man responsible for 9/11 a tragedy, described a pro-Hamas rally as magnificent, was chair of an organisation that supported attacks on British troops in Iraq, and was accused of donating money to a Holocaust denier.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1463921001244.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    No, liberal as in not authoritarian, so closer to anarcho-soc...
    No, not at all really. Most are just demsocs. I move between Trotskyism and demsoc.

Then there's TDA.

#TDAtheliberal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    No, not at all really. Most are just demsocs. I move between Trotskyism and demsoc.

Then there's TDA.

#TDAtheliberal
    To be honest, TDA doesn't pretend to be liberal and hasnt attempted to join a liberal party.

#jamesthefascist

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I must point out that I haven't been thrown under any busses, there was simply some misunderstanding and a case of crossed wires.
    I can second this. I believe the whole situation escalated from an unfortunate misunderstanding and I would love you to have remained as Chair.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DMcGovern)

Then there's TDA.

#TDAtheliberal
    See I believe in a Swiss style democracy but belive that the elderly shouldn't vote and that people and business shoudl give up their rights for the good of the environment and society so I'm an authoritarian democratic with left wing tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    That is the same Jeremy Corbyn who said killing the man responsible for 9/11 a tragedy, described a pro-Hamas rally as magnificent, was chair of an organisation that supported attacks on British troops in Iraq, and was accused of donating money to a Holocaust denier.
    Again, a reminder of the stinking hypocrisy against Jeremy Corbyn, the same people who praise Charlie Hebdo for "free speech" condemn Corbyn for sharing a stage with someone who did a cartoon about judaism. The same people who defend the daily mail for linking islam to terrorism as freedom of the Press immediately condemn anyone for daring to say that Israel shouldn't be supported without reservation.

Oh look, Jeremy Corbyn wants a negotiated peace, why doesn't he just support the most powerful nation and hope they obliterate the minority? Corbyn addresses this but again, you prefer to take a phrase totally out of context to make a cheap dig, something UKIP constantly complain about.

It would have been better to arrest and interrogate, not kill the 9/11 terrorist

His peaceful "Stop the War" coalition, published a statement supporting "the struggles of the people of Iraq" - again, how dare they sympathise with the problems of the local populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    See I believe in a Swiss style democracy but belive that the elderly shouldn't vote and that people and business shoudl give up their rights for the good of the environment and society so I'm an authoritarian democratic with left wing tendencies.
    Then you dont believe in a democracy? Why would businesses give up their property without being coerced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The fact that you need to spout that sensationalist rubbish reflects badly on you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I don't define myself as a democrat because democracy is not the ultimate goal in my opinion. How can you, who supported restricting voting rights for the elderly simply because they (by and large) disagree with you, call yourself a democrat?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The fact that you need to spout that sensationalist rubbish reflects badly on you.
    So he didn't say or do things that are on record as such?

ReputationRep:

I support leaving the EU too, and so did Corbyn back in the day.
    Can you please stop undermining our democratically elected leader? You may be interested to know he has a rather large...err...mandate, and this coup you seem to be initiating is going against the will of Labour members.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Then you dont believe in a democracy? Why would businesses give up their property without being coerced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except I do because I an naturally distrusting of authority... I belive in direct democracy for some things but dictatorship for others I guess :/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So he didn't say or do things that are on record as such?
    A combination of things taken out of context and generally exaggerated is a poor substitute for proper consideration of the issues of the day.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't define myself as a democrat because democracy is not the ultimate goal in my opinion. How can you, who supported restricting voting rights for the elderly simply because they (by and large) disagree with you, call yourself a democrat?
    What is?
    I believe that the people who will be affected by change should make the decisions. That has nothing to do with the elderly having different veiws.

ReputationRep:
    A combination of things taken out of context and generally exaggerated is a poor substitute for proper consideration of the issues of the day.
    Hear hear.

I have come to disagree with corbyn on a lot of issues but i hold no doubt in my mind that everything he does, he does with the most pure intent of attampting to make britain and the world a better place.

We can disagree with the how but i dont think its fair to be attacking the man when he's a very decent chap by all accounts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    What is?
    I believe that the people who will be affected by change should make the decisions. That has nothing to do with the elderly having different veiws.
    Social justice - a better standard of living for all - general well being. Democracy can help make these things happen but isn't intrinsically more important.

You said it was because they voted for right-wing in parties.

So are people without 2.1 undergrad degrees not affected by political decisions?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.