Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like a good essay on the economical supply of Floridian oranges to get your mental juices flowing...

(Original post by Bude8)
    I'm up at 8 during holidays.

y thread so quiet nowadays?
    My whole timetable shifts a few hours forward during holidays, I want to work early, but I looove to sleep late, I cant decide

(Original post by marinajelly)
    Not witchcraft, work experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah nice, what kind? I did some in a law firm off the record, I should probably get something official in place!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else go a little crazy buying practically all the textbooks available for their course? I have 6 textbooks for one subject. I just feel like I can get a better grade if I do this because I can select information out of one book that another doesn't have etc, and I found them cheap on eBay so it's not like they're costing me lots :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    Nothing like a good essay on the economical supply of Floridian oranges to get your mental juices flowing...

My whole timetable shifts a few hours forward during holidays, I want to work early, but I looove to sleep late, I cant decide

Ah nice, what kind? I did some in a law firm off the record, I should probably get something official in place!
    I did some in a law firm too, and at an accountant's. This week is at RBS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Ikr

How's IB? Strssful?
    It's been good so far! But the IB2 (second year IB) are telling me it's awful!
    Will be worth it though, everyone who did IB at our year said they ultimately didn't regret it.
    Not sure if I told you guys but there was at our school who did IB. Got into Cambridge for MML and she said it's so easy compared to IB2, while some of her friends are tearing their hair out due to workload stress :s

but honestly, the A levelers get more work than I do atm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Why not? Everyone's different. If he's doing 7 (not including the 4 general studies-esque ones), he may very well be the sort of person than can easily deal with it.

I'm doing 6 A Levels + a couple of actually "soft" subjects (Creative Writing/General Studies) and I do almost no work :mmm:
    :rofl: I did the same as you and did no work for it either still got an A How you finding it?
    Either way that post was made to combat tsr stereotype. Not everyone does, nor has the time and I made it so not everyone believes tsr literally.
    If I did believe tsr literally....actually lets not go into that, tsr has some messed up things :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    It's been good so far! But the IB2 (second year IB) are telling me it's awful!
    Will be worth it though, everyone who did IB at our year said they ultimately didn't regret it.
    Not sure if I told you guys but there was at our school who did IB. Got into Cambridge for MML and she said it's so easy compared to IB2, while some of her friends are tearing their hair out due to workload stress :s

but honestly, the A levelers get more work than I do atm...
    That's good to hear! MML is awesome!:eek:

Just wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    Does anyone else go a little crazy buying practically all the textbooks available for their course? I have 6 textbooks for one subject. I just feel like I can get a better grade if I do this because I can select information out of one book that another doesn't have etc, and I found them cheap on eBay so it's not like they're costing me lots :mmm:
    I have 6 for history but no extra ones for maths and science It's pretty useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    That's good to hear! MML is awesome!:eek:

Just wait
    I've done like NO work this half term - just getting used to next year's stress (im an awful person y did i procrastinate omg)

but man HL Maths is a *****!
    At our school, if you get less than a 5 if you have to resit ._.
    So when I heard we had a maths test as soon as we got back...
    "Another maths test? Another resit."

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I have some talent, wouldn't go so far as to say I'm clever, but enough to scrape 4 A's this year.

But.. I'm just horribly unmotivated. Like the work I wanted to begin a week ago, I just started today. For the duration of the first half term I thought to myself "oh it doesn't matter I'll do it/catch up during half term"... I've done very little of that, and now, I don't think I'll have time to either.

Curse you, past me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I've done like NO work this half term - just getting used to next year's stress (im an awful person y did i procrastinate omg)

but man HL Maths is a *****!
    At our school, if you get less than a 5 if you have to resit ._.
    So when I heard we had a maths test as soon as we got back...
    "Another maths test? Another resit."
    :rofl: prepare for the stress!

I guess the workload is intense haha, endless resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    I feel like I have some talent, wouldn't go so far as to say I'm clever, but enough to scrape 4 A's this year.

But.. I'm just horribly unmotivated. Like the work I wanted to begin a week ago, I just started today. For the duration of the first half term I thought to myself "oh it doesn't matter I'll do it/catch up during half term"... I've done very little of that, and now, I don't think I'll have time to either.

Curse you, past me...
    Story of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    :rofl: I did the same as you and did no work for it either still got an A How you finding it?
    Either way that post was made to combat tsr stereotype. Not everyone does, nor has the time and I made it so not everyone believes tsr literally.
    If I did believe tsr literally....actually lets not go into that, tsr has some messed up things :lol:
    Honestly the only thing I'm having trouble with is Statistics, but I maintain that's because it's not real maths, and I don't really bother with it in lessons

ReputationRep:
    Happy Halloween guys !

ReputationRep:
    Hee hee I turned all the lights off in the house so the trick or treaters think we're not home :P stingy Asian family obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live on the side of a main road without a footpath Moreso, you'd have to climb some stairs (only 3 of them), open a gate, and wait for me to open my giant front door :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    We had some kids at the door but I was drawing pretty pictures and everyone else was busy, so no candy for them :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha we didnt have that many knocks really, but i pretty much hid the whole time behind my sofa quite terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)
    History: Edexcel
    Photography: AQA
    Applied Science: AQA
    Media: AQA
    I've added you now

Hiiiya please add me for:
    AQA Chemistry
    AQA Physics
    AQA History
    AQA General Studies
    Edexcel Maths
    Edexcel Further Maths
    Edexcel Further Maths (Additional)

(Already done Edexcel Russian AS and A2)

Thaaanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hello :wavey: have seen you before I've added you (except general studies that doesn't count :rofl: ) You're taking alot of A levels how are you finding them

(Original post by Pabblethefish)
    Oooh! Add me!

I'm doing AQA geography, physics and chemistry and MEI maths.

I'm also doing general studies (compulsory for AQA bacc :mad:) but we'll argue about the appraisal of that A level another day
    i've put you on and yes that's why general studies isn't there neither is critical thinking :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I've added you now

hello :wavey: have seen you before I've added you (except general studies that doesn't count :rofl: ) You're taking alot of A levels how are you finding them

i've put you on and yes that's why general studies isn't there neither is critical thinking :lol:
    Of course general studies doesn't count I'm enjoying them - physics is quite hard, but apart from that everything is fiiine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course general studies doesn't count I'm enjoying them - physics is quite hard, but apart from that everything is fiiine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what units are you doing for your maths and further ?

how's your workload :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.