Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    Zamros ?
    Do I know you from somewhere? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Not much to it, its a pretty easy skill to pick up The main part is knowing how and when to use it especially when improvising. Once you get that down you'll be able to do it no problem (soon becomes second nature).
    Prob won't take me long, just saying that find it tricky right now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcrumpen)
    My problem is i don't know how long to wait before asking someone out, and for me it is slightly difficult it's kinda like learning to drum, i'm having to teach my foot and leg to be independant from the rest of my body
    I don't think there is a proper time to wait :dontknow:

Patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Long time no speak How are ya??? You watched the Blues Brothers yet??? I'm in the middle of compiling you that movie list
    Hey! I'm all right, what about you? No, unfortunately I have not as many videos are not allowed to be 'viewed in my country' so I will have to find another website to watch it from. Are you? That is lovely, thanks. I hope I am not bothering you!

ReputationRep:
    Er...not as such it is used and many are aware of it, its just some do not know quite what it does. They only know that its an effect :rolleyes:
    It isn't really used as often as it used to be really. I mean its like when you look at Duke Ellington's time. His trombonist pretty much changed the face of instruments and their uses. they were able to develop these new sounds using just a pixie mute and a standard mute in order to create growling/ speaking/ singing sounds which sound pretty rad I've only just managed to do it even though I've been playing the Trombone for like 5 yearsish.
    OK, I guess that makes sense

(I think I get the gist of the rest of what you said, but not much more )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incipientT)
    I don't think there is a proper time to wait :dontknow:

Patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time?
    Some people say a week, some people say on the day you meet her. not sure who's advice to take

Sorta like that yeah, i'm just not used to doing it, so will take me a bit of time to do it

ReputationRep:
    Aww great! Not sure anyone could tbh, its so fun I've done my theory Still learning practical though may book my test soon. Mhmm hehe. Oh Hyde Park one yeah??? Oh right, why??? My friends and I are in the middle of planning to go to that We want a big group of us though and its hard to find a date which suits everybody
    Thats sounds nice :cute: chilled weekends are great. Kooool, hae fun with that too hehe. How often do you have lessons???
    Ah well done! I'm going to start revising for my theory next week It's all so exciting hehe :') Yeah, at hyde park! loooove hyde park <3 Ah, people just couldn't make it at the last minute which was abit lame, so we're just going to go another day :') and hit the ice bar too ;P Ah, hope you have a good time! The atmosphere is amazing I have lessons twice a week what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Some people say a week, some people say on the day you meet her. not sure who's advice to take

Sorta like that yeah, i'm just not used to doing it, so will take me a bit of time to do it
    Experiment?

Not too long, I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    Prob won't take me long, just saying that find it tricky right now :P
    I'm sure it won't. Well things are always tricky to begin with

ReputationRep:
    Experiment?

Not too long, I'm sure
    I'm all out of single girls to ask

Na won't take me long, each time i play i get better at it, luckily i picked a small solo which uses wah anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it won't. Well things are always tricky to begin with
    As it's new will just take me a bit of time to adjust That they are :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm all out of single girls to ask

Na won't take me long, each time i play i get better at it, luckily i picked a small solo which uses wah anyway
    There'll be more

Good to hear

ReputationRep:
    As it's new will just take me a bit of time to adjust That they are :sexface:
    Mmm defiitely :rofl: what are you referring to Crumpeteers??? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    There'll be more

Good to hear
    I know there will be, my taste in girls seems to be the same as most peoples as the girl i go for tend to be taken

ReputationRep:
    Mmm defiitely :rofl: what are you referring to Crumpeteers??? :eyeball:
    Nothing "Crumpteeers" huh?

ReputationRep:
    My problem is i don't know how long to wait before asking someone out, and for me it is slightly difficult it's kinda like learning to drum, i'm having to teach my foot and leg to be independant from the rest of my body
    Hey guys, i'm new to the thread

From a girl's perspective i would say do it as soon as possible otherwise you will keep putting it off especially as you appear so nervous. I think everyone hates the thought of rejection but once you have said it, it's not so bad! Also, haven't read most of this thread, but some girls put guys in the "friend-zone" after a while so i would definitely let her know you are interested in her romantically as soon as possible. Hoped i helped somewhat

ReputationRep:
    I know there will be, my taste in girls seems to be the same as most peoples as the girl i go for tend to be taken
    Everyone seems to think that ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckylaurax)
    Hey guys, i'm new to the thread

From a girl's perspective i would say do it as soon as possible otherwise you will keep putting it off especially as you appear so nervous. I think everyone hates the thought of rejection but once you have said it, it's not so bad! Also, haven't read most of this thread, but some girls put guys in the "friend-zone" after a while so i would definitely let her know you are interested in her romantically as soon as possible. Hoped i helped somewhat
    I don't believe i the friendzone, my problem is due to my many rejections, i have a constant fear of being rejected (i don't know any different) so i always put it off cos i'm sorta expecting to be rejected so my brain tells me "what's the point"

Welcome btw

Everyone seems to think that ;p
    Well in my case it's true, a vast majority of the people i've crushed on over the years have either been taken or where currently dating someone at the time then became taken

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe i the friendzone, my problem is due to my many rejections, i have a constant fear of being rejected (i don't know any different) so i always put it off cos i'm sorta expecting to be rejected so my brain tells me "what's the point"

Welcome btw

Well in my case it's true, a vast majority of the people i've crushed on over the years have either been taken or where currently dating someone at the time then became taken
    I think that might argue in favour of asking sooner then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think that might argue in favour of asking sooner then :yep:
    I find it a tricky thing to do, and the regular method of calming nerves does not work for me

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.