Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Pretty bored atm. Who's on for a meetup sometime in mid november?
    I've been on this forum for years, since like 2005 would you believe (although stopped using a bit in uni as was so busy) and never been to one meet. Think it's cause they've always been in London and that's a mission for NI, even now in the North East

Surely Yorkshire could be a suggestion as it's in the middle-ish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you all fancy somewhere new how about you all come to Singapore

ReputationRep:
    Allow you Malevolent Singapores long fam.
    (Original post by hayles101)
    I've been on this forum for years, since like 2005 would you believe (although stopped using a bit in uni as was so busy) and never been to one meet. Think it's cause they've always been in London and that's a mission for NI, even now in the North East

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I was still in Liverpool then wouldn't have minded going somewhere up north. Atm going up north for a day is effort unless everybody lived up north/midlands. :lol:

Yorkshire, Luke will be happy at least. We'll see what everyone else says.

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking the community vibe here. Seems like with internationals the rival players stop fighting each other is like how TSR people stop getting into club arguments at every opportunity.
    Bit late in it but yeah this. Hostility during season can get quite tiring. Prsom

You found more ways to induce goosebumps?

Music and excitement are usually the only ways I ever experience it. Also semi cringe but some YNWA's do it too, e.g. the pre man city one last season.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda wish I took more artistic subject and college/uni tbh.

Did Business , Economics and Psychology at A level and Creative Computing/Computer sci at uni but I'd drop everything but Economics to do other stuff.

Doing art, work on building pc's and play instruments as a hobby though.

Did a drawing the other day. Opinions? Felt nostalgic and used to watch Yu-gi-oh as a kid :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm self taught so not amazing or anything. I should look into some art club/classes though. Probs a decent way to meet people too

ReputationRep:
    TSR goes to Singapore. I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Kinda wish I took more artistic subject and college/uni tbh.

Did Business , Economics and Psychology at A level and Creative Computing/Computer sci at uni but I'd drop everything but Economics to do other stuff.

Doing art, work on building pc's and play instruments as a hobby though.

Did a drawing the other day. Opinions? Felt nostalgic and used to watch Yu-gi-oh as a kid :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm self taught so not amazing or anything. I should look into some art club/classes though. Probs a decent way to meet people too
    Still got my deck, brah. Bring it to Singapore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Still got my deck, brah. Bring it to Singapore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, I'll go buy a new deck- gave mine away at 16.

Also will buy you a lady boy when we get there. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'll go buy a new deck- gave mine away at 16.

Also will buy you a lady boy when we get there. :yy:
    You fool, you absolute fool. I hope you're ready for the onslaught.

I don't play your games m8 keep it to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    You fool, you absolute fool. I hope you're ready for the onslaught.

I don't play your games m8 keep it to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    any other jobs? I think my main aim is to help people and im not really a leader at heart more an adviser? I feel like ive screwed up by not doing science or maths(i got Bs in both so i couldnt do it...)
    That's incredibly harsh, do you go to a top sixth form or something?

If you just want a job after A Levels then what subjects you studied doesn't matter too much, transferable skills & work experience are what counts.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody around know something about [the mathsy side of] economics? specifically macroeconomic models

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't realise you signed up within 20 days of me :lol:

A meet should obviously be in Manchester, as we are football, and Manchester United is football.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, have been on this forum since 2005 too, lost my details for my previous account and have had this one since 2007. It is quite addictive tbh.

(Original post by samba)
    Anybody around know something about [the mathsy side of] economics? specifically macroeconomic models
    I done a Bsc Economics degree and graduated in 2012 so I am not sure how much I know. What area are you talking about is it the Solow model (advanced macro) with R&D or economic growth or are we talking about something in the first year of your degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Haha, have been on this forum since 2005 too, lost my details for my previous account and have had this one since 2007. It is quite addictive tbh.

I done
    Done = do or don't? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Done = do or don't? :p:
    TSR cut my post off on my phone, just look above now,

ReputationRep:

I done
    Page 12-13 (mainly 13) http://www.lse.ac.uk/economicHistory...2012/WP163.pdf

I understand why money was exogenous to output in this instance, and what the Mundell/Fleming model is, but I don't understand his economics [I'm a historian!] and how/why he got those formulas to model Weimar. Probably very simple stuff!

Thanks

ReputationRep:

:yy:

Yorkshire, Luke will be happy at least. We'll see what everyone else says.
    i'm actually pretty flattered you remember i'm originally from yorkshire; just assumed everybody ignores 80% of what i say and calls me out for pars with the rest.

TSR goes to Singapore. I'm in.
    yorkshire white boy goes to Singapore.
    let's do it.
    (Original post by samba)
    Didn't realise you signed up within 20 days of me :lol:

A meet should obviously be in Manchester, as we are football, and Manchester United is football.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Page 12-13 (mainly 13) http://www.lse.ac.uk/economicHistory...2012/WP163.pdf

I understand why money was exogenous to output in this instance, and what the Mundell/Fleming model is, but I don't understand his economics [I'm a historian!] and how/why he got those formulas to model Weimar. Probably very simple stuff!

Thanks
    It's been a while since I have done this and can't remember doing much on this topic. I can't get the symbols on my phone fully but I give it a go.
    From what I understand, given it has been a while since I have seen it.
    You have a time series model which is measuring variables one period ahead. You have constants that may affect the model, yt.

Now Bt (interested object) = pi Bt-1 + (1-pi) Bbar + vt.
    So the parameter Pi will be crucial as this will determine how the model behaves.
    So let's say we set Pi to zero, we Bt = Bbar + vt, this means that the coefficients will be stationary, So stationary means that the statistical properties such as mean, variance are all constant over time. This also makes it easier to forecast using a B-j Methodology.
    If we say pi is 1, we get Bt=Bt-1 +vt, so as to say that today value of Bt is equivalent to the last value of Bt, I.e.bt-1 plus a random term, vt and this model is called a random walk as it is difficult to accurately predict this model as we have no idea what today vt value will be.

I hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since I have done this and can't remember doing much on this topic. I can't get the symbols on my phone fully but I give it a go.
    From what I understand, given it has been a while since I have seen it.
    You have a time series model which is measuring variables one period ahead. You have constants that may affect the model, yt.

Now Bt (interested object) = pi Bt-1 + (1-pi) Bbar + vt.
    So the parameter Pi will be crucial as this will determine how the model behaves.
    So let's say we set Pi to zero, we Bt = Bbar + vt, this means that the coefficients will be stationary, So stationary means that the statistical properties such as mean, variance are all constant over time. This also makes it easier to forecast using a B-j Methodology.
    If we say pi is 1, we get Bt=Bt-1 +vt, so as to say that today value of Bt is equivalent to the last value of Bt, I.e.bt-1 plus a random term, vt and this model is called a random walk as it is difficult to accurately predict this model as we have no idea what today vt value will be.

I hope that helps.
    Man I'm a historian so that makes no sense :sad: I understand the following: M1 = moneys and yt is total output and that's about it! More reading to do I guess.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.