Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistresshelp)
    Same! The wait is literally killing me 😭. I applied for history, what about you?
    Oh right, History and English for me To be honest, based on my mediocre feeling performance in the HAT I'm not holding out a whole load of hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppequeens)
    Anyone applying for Queen's here/heard anything from them?
    I'm applying for English Language and Literature and I have not heard anything from Queens yet.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from magdalen for anything they seem to be very quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    where can I find something like this for Merton?
    Like it says in the email you got (!)
    there' s merton.ox.ac.uk/admissions2015
    But there is no similar information provided - for whatever reason. You should check out the page anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Yup staying up and hoping servers don't go down before I see my results lmao
    Yeah I just remembered about that email, ugh still have to wait for so long to get an interview. What actually takes them so long? All they need to do is add BMAT results to GCSE scores and rank them, only takes a couple of hours at most to do that and give the best 400 interviews, the next 25 slots who get reviewed can't really take over a week, can it?
    Yeah I hope the servers don't crash either!

Hell if I know, maybe shortlisting isn't that automatic and takes longer. Especially for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesthe24th)
    I'm applying for English Language and Literature and I have not heard anything from Queens yet.
    omg good luck! You english lot seem to be going to get your emails really late from the sounds of things. (also woo fellow quen's person, there seem to be very few of us)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Yeah I hope the servers don't crash either!

Hell if I know, maybe shortlisting isn't that automatic and takes longer. Especially for medicine.
    but they have an equation they plug the numbers into, it can't really take that long to put some numbers into an equation can it?

(from an email I sent them)

ReputationRep:
    but they have an equation they plug the numbers into, it can't really take that long to put some numbers into an equation can it?

(from an email I sent them)

how do you work out your contextualised gcse score?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to Wadham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppequeens)
    omg good luck! You english lot seem to be going to get your emails really late from the sounds of things. (also woo fellow quen's person, there seem to be very few of us)

Thank you! I know there does seem to be few of us! I am yet to find a fellow English applicant for Queens! It's such an awful time waiting for some form of correspondence! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    yeah for physics It looks really friendly there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    yeah for physics It looks really friendly there.
    Yeah definitely, I know some people there at the moment who have nothing but good things to say😊 Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    how do you work out your contextualised gcse score?
    No clue, I remember seeing it somewhere on the admin.ox.ac.uk site but can't find the link again, it was some equation relating to your school's relative performance and your number/proportion of A*s.

Not that it's relevant to me, my straight As Scottish N5s don't count at all for Oxford. Instead they double up my BMAT score, which is completely unfair because BMAT is much harder to get full 100% on whereas someone with like 11A*s at GCSE will get an easy 100% and possibly get a better ranking than me despite doing worse in BMAT.

Basically it could be 0.74 * 65% + 0.74 * 65% (me), vs 0.74 * 45% + 0.74 * 100% (some English guy)

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I think I can assume that Merton hasn't sent anything as of yet...

ReputationRep:
    No clue, I remember seeing it somewhere on the admin.ox.ac.uk site but can't find the link again, it was some equation relating to your school's relative performance and your number/proportion of A*s.

Not that it's relevant to me, my straight As Scottish N5s don't count at all for Oxford. Instead they double up my BMAT score, which is completely unfair because BMAT is much harder to get full 100% on whereas someone with like 11A*s at GCSE will get an easy 100% and possibly get a better ranking than me despite doing worse in BMAT.

Basically it could be 0.74 * 65% + 0.74 * 65% (me), vs 0.74 * 45% + 0.74 * 100% (some English guy)
    ahhh, i dunno how well my school is rated, i got 11A*s 1A but i dunno how they would rate it, my school has a 75% 5 A*-C grades so dunno how that compares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    I am, for PPE. Heard nothing for my course yet, but I know they've released the shortlisting for some other courses (https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students...te-information)

ReputationRep:

Did you get rejected because of that?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by LMH for PPE good luck to the rest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulbawill)
    I am, for PPE. Heard nothing for my course yet, but I know they've released the shortlisting for some other courses (https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students...te-information)
    Thank you, I hadn't seen that! Last year they were pretty slow with replies, so I'm praying we won't have to wait too long😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerdaisies)
    Got rejected by LMH for PPE good luck to the rest!
    How are people getting emails at 11 in the evening? When was your email time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.