The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
I don't know what else you'd call it. Eye liquid? :lol: Feel free to look down on me for not knowing the proper term :tongue:

Just messin with ya, I wouldn't know it either if not for Optom. :tongue: I believe it's called aqueous and vitreous humour. :cool:

Original post by crozibear96
:eek3: I really wanted to do that! We just got to watch a video though.:/ One of the other classes got to dissect a kidney - the smell was around for weeks! D:

:tongue: We dissected a heart just before lunch. That didn't go very well. And the smell was awful. I wanna dissect a kidney now! :colondollar:

Original post by missfats
aha I don't know.
that's what I was told.
I guess we can Google it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's an interesting confliction. :beard: But yes, Google to the rescue :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
We did kidneys in triple biology. I was the only girl that would touch one. The smell was horrendous. Stayed on my fingers all day.

The teacher only demonstrated a kidney dissection for triple award and it did smell. We did a heart though; I'm quite proud I managed that seeing as I am incredibly squeamish and pass out at most things medical.
Original post by JustaDreamer
Just messin with ya, I wouldn't know it either if not for Optom. :tongue: I believe it's called aqueous humour. :cool:

:tongue: We dissected a heart just before lunch. That didn't go very well. And the smell was awful. I wanna dissect a kidney now! :colondollar:

It's an interesting confliction. :beard: But yes, Google to the rescue :tongue:

Ah, humour? That's pretty funny! (see what I did there? Lame, I know :emo:) Does sound a bit familiar actually!
Luckily I've never had to dissect anything in a bio lesson:yucky:
Original post by Red Fox

I threw up seeing a guy put his fist in a trachea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Ah, humour? That's pretty funny! (see what I did there? Lame, I know :emo:) Does sound a bit familiar actually!

Yes, eye see what you did there. :wink:

Original post by Red Fox

The dissecting isn't that bad, it's mainly the smell I reckon.

Bad smells don't really bother me:redface:. I think just the feeling of cutting through the tissue would make me feel a bit woozy.

Original post by rachelc142

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you even watch that?:lol:

Did you dissect a pair of lungs or something?!

oh thank god, I thought you would have had no eye dea what I was on about :rolleyes:
Original post by Red Fox
Bad smells don't really bother me:redface:. I think just the feeling of cutting through the tissue would make me feel a bit woozy.

It was in biology
He was like "hahah watch this lmao"

Original post by O133
Did you dissect a pair of lungs or something?!

Yeah ugh was awful
It was in biology

Yeah ugh was awful

Beduff folk, eh?:rolleyes:
Original post by Bude8
oh thank god, I thought you would have had no eye dea what I was on about :rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me, eye can't believe you would underestimate me so much. These puns keep getting cornea and cornea. (:tongue:)

It was in biology

Yeah ugh was awful

Omg :rofl:

Original post by Red Fox

I'm the exact opposite haha :lol:
Don't roll your eyes at me, eye can't believe you would underestimate me so much. These puns keep getting cornea and cornea. (:tongue:)

Omg :rofl:

I'm the exact opposite haha :lol:

Eye was just kidding, nothing wrong with some humour! Boy, all this optometry talk is a real eye opener!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Eye was just kidding, nothing wrong with some humour! Boy, all this optometry talk is a real eye opener!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose. I am aiming to be a good optometry 'pupil' after all. But seriously, we have to put an (eye)lid on these puns.
I suppose. I am aiming to be a good optometry 'pupil' after all. But seriously, we have to put an (eye)lid on these puns.

You're right, but we can't just turn a blind eye to these puns :tongue: however, if you insist then I'll try and stop, I'll distract my ears instead by going on EyeTunes...
Original post by Red Fox
Beduff folk, eh?:rolleyes:

Lmao I go to school in Nuneaton, even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao I go to school in Nuneaton, even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know a girl called Sadie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
You're right, but we can't just turn a blind eye to these puns :tongue: however, if you insist then I'll try and stop, I'll distract my ears instead by going on EyeTunes...

:rofl: Good eyedea. I'll just go and (eye)brows the internet. :biggrin:
Original post by Obiejess
Do you know a girl called Sadie?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ummm nope fraid not? How come? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ummm nope fraid not? How come? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My second cousin who I believe is in Y12 and lives in Nuneaton. Just curiosity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest