Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey lovely Year 11s :hi:

Just a quick message to say that I hope everything goes well for any exams you may have left
    Stay focused and you will do amazingly. Honest.
    I hope all of the ones you've done already went well, too

If anybody needs any help, particularly with any Sciences, English or Maths I'd be very happy to help you :yep: If it's for another subject, I'll try and find someone who studies it if I can't work out the answer (I have a long list of helpers ).

Caitlin :jumphug: (Year 12 - Bio/Chem/Maths/Eng Lit Student )
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I know that, you're all amazing... I suppose if i was able to get through the year, i can manage the final part, right? :jumphug:
    Indeed, that's the spirit :woo: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Following suit from Neuth, good luck to all you year 11s in the final push for your exams :yes: They'll be over before you know it!

If anyone would like help with English lit, English lang, history, RE or Spanish then let me know, they were my best GCSEs :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)

Just a quick message to say that I hope everything goes well for any exams you may have left

If anybody needs any help, particularly with any Sciences, English or Maths I'd be very happy to help you :yep: If it's for another subject, I'll try and find someone who studies it if I can't work out the answer (I have a long list of helpers ).

That's such a nice thing to say thank you for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    That's such a nice thing to say thank you for that!
    My pleasure :hugs:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Neuth)

Awhhh :jumphug: This is lovely :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    yuuup *raises hand*
    Aww, how many?

ReputationRep:
    Who has study leave now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)

Thank you! That has made me feel slightly better about the fact I'll be crying on results day because most of exams so far have gone really badly. XD Do you have any tips for the AQA English Language paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negatron)
    Who has study leave now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Study leaver over here! Our last day was the 15th May xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sditta)
    Aww, how many?
    15 :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Such a shame the exam format changed last year also - pre 2014 exams asked you to do a question on either rivers or coasts, either population or settlement and either tectonic or climatic hazards - meant you could half the content

Also hope they don't specify in the case study questions for an MEDC or LEDC
    They've just made it so much harder for us tbh, how did you find the previous geography exam we did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck with the rest of your exams :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hello! After completing my science GCSE additional exams i was wonderingn if you could help me with my possible grade. I believe my addition ISA grade was a high B (B+) then i believe i may have got a high B in physics, a B in biology but a high D in chemistry. (I stuggle with chemistry 😕). What do you think this would equal out to? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Following suit from Neuth, good luck to all you year 11s in the final push for your exams :yes: They'll be over before you know it!

If anyone would like help with English lit, English lang, history, RE or Spanish then let me know, they were my best GCSEs :yes:
    Aww that's so nice Uhm would you be able to give me any tips for AQA English Language paper? I really want at least a B
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 1d4.0)
    Hello! After completing my science GCSE additional exams i was wonderingn if you could help me with my possible grade. I believe my addition ISA grade was a high B (B+) then i believe i may have got a high B in physics, a B in biology but a high D in chemistry. (I stuggle with chemistry 😕). What do you think this would equal out to? Thanks!
    Either a secure B or a very high C I think
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by almahoney)
    Aww that's so nice Uhm would you be able to give me any tips for AQA English Language paper? I really want at least a B
    I made a thread with all my basic tips on the paper a while ago, you should check it out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3124463 If you want any more info other than what's there then let me know :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    They've just made it so much harder for us tbh, how did you find the previous geography exam we did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep. No idea for the SDME. Though I kept repeating myself throughought the whole paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I made a thread with all my basic tips on the paper a while ago, you should check it out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3124463 If you want any more info other than what's there then let me know :yep:
    Ah cool ! That helped clear some things up cheers
    Also, for the 8 mark questions would you say 4 points explained in detail and for the 16 marks 8 points (4 for each source) in detail would be enough to get the majority of the marks?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by almahoney)
    Ah cool ! That helped clear some things up cheers
    Also, for the 8 mark questions would you say 4 points explained in detail and for the 16 marks 8 points (4 for each source) in detail would be enough to get the majority of the marks?
    Yeah I'd say that would be fine :yes: Just make sure your points are developed enough rather than limiting yourself because you want to get a certain amount of things in
    Also for the 16 mark question, make sure you aren't doing separate points for each source- you should be comparing them throughout

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.