Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    04:22

Sat on the balcony, feet dangling off the edge, eating strawberry laces and smoking. This is a new habit, but the odd cigarette helps me unwind. I've decided against being swayed by the cancer thing - I'm probably going to get it anyway, and it isn't the worst way to die.

It's getting colder now, later in the year. I suspect this will be impossible by the end of October so I'm enjoying it while I can. The very few bedroom lights that remain on in the other halls, thin slits of golden light through implacably dark curtains, are flickering off one by one. Some of them must be like me, simply unable to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings - though I suspect more are coming to the end of their Fresher's Week in style.

I have a lot on my mind, but its mostly silly things. Drama, love, intrigue and other inconsequential things. Or, they would be inconsequential if I could think on them properly. I don't sleep enough to summon up the concentration anymore. I'm fortunate enough to have tomorrow off, my course beginning on Tuesday. So hopefully that will give me time to straighten out my life, and sleeping patterns.

In the meantime, I'm quite content on this balcony. This is a beautiful time of day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    04:22

Sat on the balcony, feet dangling off the edge, eating strawberry laces and smoking. This is a new habit, but the odd cigarette helps me unwind. I've decided against being swayed by the cancer thing - I'm probably going to get it anyway, and it isn't the worst way to die.

It's getting colder now, later in the year. I suspect this will be impossible by the end of October so I'm enjoying it while I can. The very few bedroom lights that remain on in the other halls, thin slits of golden light through implacably dark curtains, are flickering off one by one. Some of them must be like me, simply unable to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings - though I suspect more are coming to the end of their Fresher's Week in style.

I have a lot on my mind, but its mostly silly things. Drama, love, intrigue and other inconsequential things. Or, they would be inconsequential if I could think on them properly. I don't sleep enough to summon up the concentration anymore. I'm fortunate enough to have tomorrow off, my course beginning on Tuesday. So hopefully that will give me time to straighten out my life, and sleeping patterns.

In the meantime, I'm quite content on this balcony. This is a beautiful time of day.
    I don't know who you are, but you are my spirit animal. ...Or just me if I had a balcony and lived in London. Either way, I love you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good though a little nervous. I've been in Gretna Green for the last few days with my bf and we have had a great time but now we have the drive home in an hour and its a 2 hour journey and I hate long car rides in case I take a panic attack but the journey back home usually feels like it goes in quicker then the journey down did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling good today! A few friends and I went on a 12 mile walk around the South West Coast Path yesterday; there were plenty of laughs and the views were breathtaking. I might have spent last night wrapped in heat pads and hot water bottles, didn't have the best sleep in the world, and I may be walking like a plank due to aching so much, but after a lovely hot shower and all that jazz, I'm feeling great! Love living with my friends, uni starts again in 45 minutes, and just generally loving life with a lot to look forward to. Only slight annoyance is that physio is taking so long, but with my friends doing the yoga, swimming and walking with me, I'm still feeling really positive that I can strengthen those silly joints up again.

ReputationRep:
    sleep deprived and guilty
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Happy :heart:

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Haven't managed to sleep two nights in a row and just spend most of the day's crying. I feel so miserable and alone
    I was told it was down to the full moons we've been having that is linked to insomnia..and sleeplessness. Probably no doubt worsened by our lunar eclipse supermoon thing last night might not of helped. Don't worry you're not alone there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    like a leaf

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    I don't know who you are, but you are my spirit animal. ...Or just me if I had a balcony and lived in London. Either way, I love you.
    <3

I ended up managing to sleep at 6-ish, and slept until 5pm. I've only just gotten up, having spent a long time lying around before showering and getting dressed. My routine is ruined.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    cold and my shin splints hurt a lot

however i am happy bc i have done my history essays
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    Happy :heart:
    i love u so much cupcakes, you are the salt of the earth

ReputationRep:
    feeling so low, a lot of self-loathing today

ReputationRep:
    No good at all. My mood switched in a matter of minutes, and I cannot properly tell why.

ReputationRep:
    I feel good, for once I feel happy and motivated with my life. During the holidays I had no contact with anyone, no motivation to do anything even small things like get out of bed. Now that I have a purpose and somewhere to go everyday I don't feel so adrift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    All okay?
    Yeah, thank you. xx What about yourself? I hope you're well.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by LBS_187)
    No good at all. My mood switched in a matter of minutes, and I cannot properly tell why.
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Like a pondering, perplexed potato.

ReputationRep:
    Fabulously fat.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible. Living for other people is not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.