Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why waste a month and the money for an election, or do you want an e en larger Tory majority?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are at a turning point in this country. We the people now have to decide which way we turn. If that's a larger tory majority, so be it. I somehow doubt it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cBay)
    Now that we have "taken our democracy back", there surely has to be a general election to decide how we approach these negotiations going forward? The Conservatives were elected on a manifesto which assumed we would stay in the EU, meeting any of their economic commitments is now pretty much impossible. It is not solely for the tories to decide how we move on from this tragic day.
    I agree that an election is needed eventually but it should be once negotiations are complete and we have the official exit. I don't see why we should hold an election to ask who should negotiate given that we don't know how much the EU will give us anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's done.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    We are at a turning point in this country. We the people now have to decide which way we turn. If that's a larger tory majority, so be it. I somehow doubt it.
    You're also the one deluded enough to think Corbyn is winning in 2020

And leave has won

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Has anybody told the remainers that project fear finished two days ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Aph we get it you don't give a damn about what anyone else but you thinks but the majority of people disagree with you and a good thing about our system is that your ideas of screwing the people over will not get into power.
    I do care what others think and can be convinced but no one has presented a credible argument to leave.

And to think that the people always know best is an outright phallacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That won't happen however. I'm just so annoyed with Dave now. He shouldn't have called this referendum.
    There's nothing wrong with giving the people the choice. The problem was his failure to explain the simple economic reasons why the UK will be worse outside the EU (rather than just saying it's the case and pointing at some fancy names), and also his failure to put across the economic benefits of immigration. Basically he has shown himself up to be what we have known all along, he hasn't got a clue about economics.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We're Out!

1.2 million difference.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Has anybody told the remainers that project fear finished two days ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not project fear. It's real fear because we face real disaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I do care what others think and can be convinced but no one has presented a credible argument to leave.

And to think that the people always know best is an outright phallacy.
    I never said they know best.

ReputationRep:
    You're also the one deluded enough to think Corbyn is winning in 2020

And leave has won

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm not deluded, I know we won't get a general election. I just think we should.

And I know. What's your point? Not even the people on the leave side agree on the way forward once leaving.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cBay)
    There's nothing wrong with giving the people the choice. The problem was his failure to explain the simple economic reasons why the UK will be worse outside the EU (rather than just saying it's the case and pointing at some fancy names), and also his failure to put across the economic benefits of immigration. Basically he has shown himself up to be what we have known all along, he hasn't got a clue about economics.
    I think the failure has more been austerity and not helping the poor people out. And I don't belive that people should be given a choise when parliament is fairly United and it's only a move to make teh government stable.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I never said they know best.
    No but you seemed to suggest it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's not project fear. It's real fear because we face real disaster.
    So when are the bombs falling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    So when are the bombs falling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wait. Things will only go downhill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Just wait. Things will only go downhill.
    When are the bombs falling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, i'm off to bed. Hope Cameron sticks around.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Having to explain to a 16 year old why Corbyn was campaigning to say in the EU after a lifetime of campaigning against it...

:facepalm:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scotland is leaving, the pound is falling, the Irish will be revolting, Spain will be taking Gibraltar...
    There may not be bombs but there will be chaos.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Scotland is leaving, the pound is falling, the Irish will be revolting, Spain will be taking Gibraltar...
    There may not be bombs but there will be chaos.
    Scotland is leaving? When was that decision made? Spain is not taking Gibraltar, tje the pound is being hit by people being dramatic and will be back to normal in a couple o weeks at most, and that's not a very nice thing to say about the Irish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.